Stat cap stuck at 220?

tatos

Novice
I have my strength at 95, my int at 96, and my dex at 29. I want to get my dex to 25, and have 100 str and int. I had the dex at 30 and int at 95, and when the int moved up to 96, the dex went down to 29, but shouldn't it only move down if I am at the cap? I have the int and str flagged up and the dex flagged down. It seems to think that I am at the cap already even though I am only at 220. Am I doing something wrong?

Metalhead-

Master
Just a coincidence that they did that. Keep working the skills you're trying to raise and it'll move to where you want it.

tatos

Novice
SOLVED. I had a dunce cap on!

I put a wizard hat on when i started my char and haven't taken it off since. I probably completely missed when it said my stats changed. It raised my int by 5, and my str and dex were both lowered by 5, resulting in 5 less stat points overall. I checked my gear earlier to see if I had any magical gear on that changed the skill cap, but I was just clicking items on my paper doll, and the wizard hat didn't have any special text on the text pop-up. After some more skilling up and no better off, I was more determined, so I removed all my clothes and saw the message showing my stats change. Silly me, I just thought the hat looked cool, I'll have to find a new hat.