Stealing - Mount cooldown

SidX

Grandmaster
From playing a thief for nearly a year I can just say one thing.. a mount is our ONLY defense. You can't really steal with armor, so to only allow thieving while naked and unmounted is foolish.. It's not the solution.. There has to be some balance.

I mean, explode pots are a ***** too (ESPECIALLY as a thief running from a GM Alch), but we just have to counter the pots to avoid getting hit.. just like everyone needs to find a way to counter thieves.

Haptin

Neophyte
I played pacific shard in the late 90's and early 2000's and I hated fel. I was always looking for moonstones. Now however I find it adds an interesting dimension to the game that I enjoy. I like having to be cautious and protect my valuables. I also like interacting when possible with thieves. Heck, sometimes I leave semi valuables on me in WBB because I like to catch one in the act. What I don't get is the contention this topic evokes. I really enjoy this shard and it's faults. I have had more fun here than I ever did on Pacific (except that time I exploited a real estate vendor bug for millions).

Zorlac

Journeyman
You shouldn't be able to use the steal skill mounted. I'm not bothered by thieves and even have one but on the original origin server I do not think you could steal mounted or they changed it at some point early on and here it just seems silly and ridiculous.

Zorlac

Journeyman
LOL What a false hood thiefs can and always could steal on mount on OSI .They might as well just remove thiefs according too your logic. On my thief i carry regs pots and pouchs so its kind of a big deal when i die .If you cant kill a thief who isnt carrying regs pots or bandages then you have got bigger problems and this probably isnt your game. Clearly you are butt hurt you are wrighting a book on the subject on here trying to trammy up the game because you dont know how to combat theifs.

this is absolutely wrong.

Zorlac

Journeyman
in defense of thieves though if you couldn't steal mounted you should be able to steal/hide with a 1 second timer. whatever it is what is. but to me running a thief with no mount seem more fun and if you could steal hide again with maybe a 1 second timer i think ti would be great and I think it would be more balanced than with a mount. A guy with a mount doesn't even need stealth and some could even pull it off without even having hiding, whatever.

Shini

Master
I don't know why this thread have 4 pages , the worse experience i had with stealing
was when i was texting on my phone and came back to some nooblet stealing from
me and instead of killing him like all the others i just gently ask what else he needed and gave it to him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bunnky

Grandmaster
The ONLY people bothered by thieves in any way are those who do not know how to protect against them otherwise, they REALLY shouldn't need changing.. At all...

Like at all...

What is happening...

Bunnky

Grandmaster
Please, those taking this thread seriously, do a few things before you start crying for changes..

1. Play a thief. You will inherently learn their weaknesses, and will learn to understand what they are capable of doing, and NOT doing.

2. Remember:
-When buying from vendors, reveal /detect, ESPECIALLY when your buying something valuable.
-Have locked boxes to hold your regs and stuff. If you give a thief enough time to pick your chest, you deserve to get robbed.
-Reveal at champs, ESPECIALLY when the boss is about to go down.
-For God's sake, learn to use other banks, and do not carry around valuables at wbb. Again, if you do you deserve to get robbed.
-If fighting a disarm thief, get better at movement. There's enough of a delay to avoid having your weapon stolen completely, and hey, if not, carry more weapons if your having a real issue.
-Use your head, don't let a thief near you when possible, and keep your items secure.

I suggest copy pasting that into notepad and re-reading it next time a thief gets the best of you. Sure there's good thieves out there, but in general, there is NO NEED to remove stealing when mounted. That's some seriously insane shit.

PROTIPS:
-Multi layer bags in your inventory. Even scripting is limited to how quickly they can be opened. Have a bag deep, deep down in 20 other bags, and keep it open for quick access. If a thief gets to that bag, your doing something wrong.

-Movement is key. Again, there is a delay when stealing between actually clicking the object, and it moving to the inventory of the thief. THIS ALSO WORKS ON SCRIPTERS. If you move alot, even a cheat - script thief can't get your shit, or at the least, makes it incredibly difficult. When that boss is about to go down, stop tunnel visioning, and start moving if your being stolen from. Overall, be faster, get better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zorlac

Journeyman
I just want to make it clear I am not bitching about a problem with thieves. I'm coming from the perspective of someone who plays a thief often. I just think the current rule set is set up to benefit the skill-less and those who can run fast and makes stealing a skill for amateurs and griefers.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
I just want to make it clear I am not bitching about a problem with thieves. I'm coming from the perspective of someone who plays a thief often. I just think the current rule set is set up to benefit the skill-less and those who can run fast and makes stealing a skill for amateurs and griefers.
But you've given no evidence to support your claim.

Can't hide and steal anymore. Cool down for mounting after stealing a power scroll. Can't give counts for being murdered. Can't go aggressor. Can't wear armor and stealth. Can't stealth on mount. Get guard whacked in town and shit goes back to victims pack.
Can't bank while gray.

How is that OP?

Seriously stop fucking crying you look bad

signature field is blank

Cash is King

Grandmaster
If I'm walking down the street irl and some guy jacks my wallet from my pocket and runs, I'll chase his ass down. He could probably dodge down some alleys or try and hide somewhere, I'd track that mafucka down! If he trips up, I'd catch him and beat his ass. Otherwise if he's fast he'll get away. If he hopped in a car and drove away I'd get in my car and chase him down trying to get my wallet back.

Same shit as in game, thief is snooping your pack and jacking your shit and running away.

Moral of the story: uo = real life