Stealth not classic. Would you like to see it gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chop

Journeyman
Ok perhaps I was wrong to suggest removing stealth and wrong about it being non classic but....

I do think something needs to be done.

Like adding the 8 steps back to the skill or making it so you cant stealth if flagged criminal for at least 30 to 60 seconds.

Why should these guys have no risk but a naked death and all reward with an easy getaway?

My 2 cents

Last edited by a moderator:

Tynder

Master
Not sure I understand your statement. Stealth was added in February of 1999, before they even started giving Publishes numbers and was in place before T2A and UOR. What about the skill do you think is the issue?

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
Yes. I agree stealth should be done away with.

Along with tactics, anatomy, magery, healing, archery, eval intel, res spells, and begging. Especially begging. Way too OP.

Someone please fix this and take these skills all away.

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
Besides, on a more serious note (which is not common for me), there are templates that require stealth for hiding to be effective. With magery such a staple in the game, simply hiding in one spot is no good when a reveal is thrown your way. At least with stealth one can move away and try to dodge this.

I don't know what happened to you that made you hate on stealth, but do away with that and may as well can hiding too.

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
lol funny... what is your problem with stealth?

you already have to be basically naked and on foot to use it, so you pay when you get caught

crazy-horse

Master
How about getting rid of provoke? I mean provokers are so damned slow at killing, and they have to use EVERYTHING in the area, And because its so slow, the spawn will respawn while they are still there. They never move! One single provoker can tie up an entire spawn for freaking HOURS. And its not like they will play fair,. You find somethibng off to the side and they have to take it too. Theres a reason people become PKs! And Proviokers are it!! :)
Ok, said tongue in cheek, I love provokers usually. But theres alot of truth there.
Either speed em up and send them on their way looking for a fresh spawn (like the rest of us have to do), or wipe em out!

Fuschino

Adept
How about getting rid of provoke? I mean provokers are so damned slow at killing, and they have to use EVERYTHING in the area, And because its so slow, the spawn will respawn while they are still there. They never move! One single provoker can tie up an entire spawn for freaking HOURS. And its not like they will play fair,. You find somethibng off to the side and they have to take it too. Theres a reason people become PKs! And Proviokers are it!! :)
Ok, said tongue in cheek, I love provokers usually. But theres alot of truth there.
Either speed em up and send them on their way looking for a fresh spawn (like the rest of us have to do), or wipe em out!
also no?

Chop

Journeyman
lol ok ok ok I get it!... maybe getting rid of it is a bit to drastic. Sorry!

My problem is thieves with stealth. Stealth lets a thief in a dungeon type setting get away way to fuckin easy.

Perhaps it should have something like recall. You know you cant recall if flagged as criminal. Perhaps players should not be able to stealth for 30 seconds+ after committing a criminal act like looting someone's kill or stealing from them.

It's bad enough using one's best weapons at the risk of them being the prize of a pk <-- (I totally support this) but when a stealth thief rolls up and jacks your weapon then runs like a ***** and hides then proceeds to stealth away and recall with little to no risk at all its pretty fuckin lame.

Faytality

Staff member
One thing about certain templates is that there is usually a counter skill. If you're worried about thieves in dungeons you can use preventative skills like tracking and detect hidden/reveal spell.

Chop

Journeyman
If Tracking and detect hidden had more use than just detecting a thief it would be viable but having to add these to me Lj/axer template pretty much screws it IMO. But hey I guess I'm going to have to if I want me weapons to stop getting stolen by these jack ass thieves.

I still think its to easy for these guys to get away from MOST players though

*Edit* I would also like to add these guys risk losing NOTHING.... Except what they stole from you. Naked with a charged runebook. Not cool

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
Make a thief and then talk to me about how op they are. You have virtually no defense (besides hiding and disarm or stun, depending on template), are built for farming people (not mobs), and are killed as often as they succeed in theft. I've played both sides of the coin and had some humorous thief kills (such as revealing one almost on top of a para ogre lord he thought he would loot when it died. Note: he didn't). Thieves are fine the way they are and nerfed enough. Best advice if you've got a good thief on you (by the sounds of it because one kept stealing your weapons) move to another farm spot. Or cast reveal twice in a row and kill him/her. You don't need to change your template. Just your tactics :)

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
Also wanted to just add a "what?" in response to you being ok with a pk dry looting you, but a thief steals a thing or two and it's not fair?

I really don't want to sound like a jerk but without the variations in playability, this game is nothing more than a 17 year old relic way past its prime.

Just sayin'

:)

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
i dont understand why someone always wants to nerf some skills to render them useless or to op other ones..

stealing and stealth has always been around for as long as i can remember. is stealth SO much a problem u want it deleted? lol he no theres so many ways to avoid a defenseless thief. ..

Chop

Journeyman
Make a thief and then talk to me about how op they are. You have virtually no defense (besides hiding and disarm or stun, depending on template), are built for farming people (not mobs), and are killed as often as they succeed in theft. I've played both sides of the coin and had some humorous thief kills (such as revealing one almost on top of a para ogre lord he thought he would loot when it died. Note: he didn't). Thieves are fine the way they are and nerfed enough. Best advice if you've got a good thief on you (by the sounds of it because one kept stealing your weapons) move to another farm spot. Or cast reveal twice in a row and kill him/her. You don't need to change your template. Just your tactics :)

-3 different farm spots in row. two different thieves....

-Cant reveal as LJ dexxer build

-How are thieves nerfed enough if at all?

Some other things to point out

-Stealth had 8 steps and you had to re-stealth again with chance of fail for a reason

-Once you hide you should have to wait the skill delay before you can use another skill like stealth. Was a reason for this to. Balance

Also at least with a pk its direct and the playing field is more even for the most part plus the fight is fun. Some turd grabbing your weapon and running for the nearest corner or stairs, hiding, then stealthing away is cheap and no fear of loss from the thief except having to get a res if they happen to be cought.

Plus you can recall out before losing anything with the pk if they come in a gank squad.

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
-3 different farm spots in row. two different thieves....

-Cant reveal as LJ dexxer build

-How are thieves nerfed enough if at all?

Some other things to point out

-Stealth had 8 steps and you had to re-stealth again with chance of fail for a reason

-Once you hide you should have to wait the skill delay before you can use another skill like stealth. Was a reason for this to. Balance

Also at least with a pk its direct and the playing field is more even for the most part plus the fight is fun. Some turd grabbing your weapon and running for the nearest corner or stairs, hiding, then stealthing away is cheap and no fear of loss from the thief except having to get a res if they happen to be cought.

Plus you can recall out before losing anything with the pk if they come in a gank squad.
And to all this I simply say (exactly as the argument made to blues who cry about reds), you unfortunately do have a disadvantage with no magery and it's your choice to play that template. Bring in a different character and you'll most likely see a different outcome.

Thieves are fun to play and bring a nice variation to the game, just like pks.

It's your problem you chose to have a template with zero defense against a stealther, is what I'm saying. It does not merit a mechanics change in the game.

Edit: review posts regarding thieves and dismounting after ps steal and such. Yes there have been nerfs.

Status
Not open for further replies.