Storage Upgrades

a guy

Journeyman
Seeing how you can only have 2 homes 2 accounts and up to 6 banks I have noticed eventually you will fill them all up, no doubt about that, anyone who says different obviously has a problem. I have a solution so don't worry about trying to troll, or destroy the idea of this post. Hopefully staff would prevent that kind of abuse anyways.

House storage Upgrade deeds, wouldn't be hard to code, starts by visiting your towns architect, purchasing a small/medium/ or large House storage upgrade deed, you double click the deed, target your house sign, and wallah! You have extra storage, storage amounts are small = to small house storage classic, medium= large tower storage classic, large= castle storage classic. You cannot exceed the storage amount of a castle, they cannot be stacked, and when you drop your house they are returned to your bank. The prices would be same as the storage amount of the classic house, except doubled. Small would be twice as much as a small classic home, around 70k approximately, medium would be around a 1m approximately, large would be around 3m approximately. This is a very well thought out idea for the shard and I would appreciate it very much if used, to NOT put on donation vendor. I just started last night, I have many more ideas to come. Thanks for taking the time to check this out.

Nihilism

Grandmaster
Been suggested numerous times.
Some glaring defects to this off the top of my head are:

A) you can sink 2 mil and already get two more banks to hold things
B) more items on the server = longer duration of server saves
C) just how many items does one REALLY need? 8 item slots for reg stacks, 1 for bandages, 20 more for crafting resources (logs/ingot colours/leathers etc) spare armor suits, and maybe like.... Let's be generous... 300?! weapons?
Then deco items.

4x125 banks per account = 500 INDIVIDUAL items, thus 1000 storage just off bank space alone. Not even taking houses into the equation.

Reason B alone should be fairly obvious.

More than happy to read other ideas you may have.

a guy

Journeyman
As a fellow guildmate Nihilism I see what your saying but there comes a time after so many months of playing where these things stack up, I know there's limits, I know items VS world saves but its not that bad honestly. Stacking banks VS having secured home containers, I would think most players choose having their items in their home instead of just a bank, having to switch all the time. My idea really does put a lot of future problems aside, I supplied a well created idea and I hope it is used. I am sure you have more negative responses towards my future ideas.

Fenix

Journeyman
You could maybe try being less greedy? Giving some of that excess to noobs etc, never personally even been close to this problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nihilism

Grandmaster
It should only be obvious for people to consider the pros and cons of implementations to the server.
Not doing so leads to OSI.
It's unfortunate you can't see that for what it is, and instead opt to think I'm just being negative, and assume I'll be negative to future suggestions.
Calm yourself for a moment. The world's not against you. Nor am I.
Hope you didn't actually take it as sarcasm.
Suggestions/notions are great. But without weighing pros and cons, it's just a re-visit of a number of threads with the same suggestion.

Pls turn down the sensitivity. There was no flame on my part, trolling, or anything that should indicate I was mocking THE idea, or any in the future you may freshly come up with.

If I didn't list the reasons I did, someone else would have. As has been the case each of the innumerate times this suggestion has had a thread made about it.

I just ask that you try to understand that just because people can discuss flaws, they're not attacks on you.

a guy

Journeyman
You could maybe try being less greedy? Giving some of that excess to noobs etc, never personally even been close to this problem.

I just started last night and NOT one person has tried to give me anything , barely a moongate anywhere so shhh :]

a guy

Journeyman
It should only be obvious for people to consider the pros and cons of implementations to the server.
Not doing so leads to OSI.
It's unfortunate you can't see that for what it is, and instead opt to think I'm just being negative, and assume I'll be negative to future suggestions.
Calm yourself for a moment. The world's not against you. Nor am I.
Hope you didn't actually take it as sarcasm.
Suggestions/notions are great. But without weighing pros and cons, it's just a re-visit of a number of threads with the same suggestion.

Pls turn down the sensitivity. There was no flame on my part, trolling, or anything that should indicate I was mocking THE idea, or any in the future you may freshly come up with.

If I didn't list the reasons I did, someone else would have. As has been the case each of the innumerate times this suggestion has had a thread made about it.

I just ask that you try to understand that just because people can discuss flaws, they're not attacks on you.
I know this, living out my bank box isn't very much a game experience, and this shard shouldn't be based off anything, It is UOForever, its unique, things like this is what attracts players, and I like being greedy, and having my own shit, part of the game indeed.

Babethoven

Grandmaster
both my accounts are over a year old, people just need to stop hoarding shit items, who keeps items less than power/vanq? and if they do why keep regular power/vanqs with no mods? I've sold all my items months ago and proud to say with all the rare and collectables i have it fits well in ONE 18x18 with plenty of room to spare

Fenix

Journeyman
I just started last night and NOT one person has tried to give me anything , barely a moongate anywhere so shhh :]
Wow you did recently start up, why you even worried about this then lol?

a guy

Journeyman
I just thought it was a good suggestion seeing the posts before hand. Yes I just did start up last night lol

a guy

Journeyman
both my accounts are over a year old, people just need to stop hoarding shit items, who keeps items less than power/vanq? and if they do why keep regular power/vanqs with no mods? I've sold all my items months ago and proud to say with all the rare and collectables i have it fits well in ONE 18x18 with plenty of room to spare
well alex, I haD played before I had more rares than i could fit in one 18x18 its not that hard. I have all invaun, all vanqs exceed and up, sometimes when you run out of room with i only top nooch equipment its a bad day lol in the end i gave it all to my guild so dont gang up on my about it, its done with

Last edited by a moderator:

Riversilk

Master
oh woah... didn't remember that you could have extra char slots... good to know (even if it's really expensive...)

I really don't see why you'd want more storage than you already have,. you can have 2 accounts,. which is a potential 2x 15x15 houses with max storage - or 2 castles if you're lucky. as well as 2x5 characters.

Now, I'm a huge packrat myself, but even I'd have difficulty filling that much space in UO where there aren't near as much different items as the "modern" UO has. I'd highly recommend just smelting some stuff, or setting up a vendor somewhere with stuff for cheap.