Survival Event Rewards Have Been Distributed

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric_azria

Grandmaster
Alan said:
We will be resetting the dungeon crawl event to allow both teams the opportunity to run the dungeon crawl again as a tie breaker.

You can't run a tie breaker when there was no tie.

You're simply attempting to appease the cry babies who obviously don't care about your server and openly quit/threatened to quit your server.

raezion420

Apprentice
eric_azria said:
Alan said:
We will be resetting the dungeon crawl event to allow both teams the opportunity to run the dungeon crawl again as a tie breaker.

You're simply attempting to appease the cry babies who obviously don't care about your server and openly quit/threatened to quit your server.
Quit crying dude. You are going to be re-matching against people that have not even done it before (if they even find enough people to get on at the same time and do it), what are you worried about?

eric_azria

Grandmaster
raezion420 said:
eric_azria said:
Alan said:

Quit crying dude. You are going to be re-matching against people that have not even done it before (if they even find enough people to get on at the same time and do it), what are you worried about?

We also can't guarantee we'll have everyone on to do it. I'm not crying, just stating that since we've already won, we shouldn't have to worry about grouping back up to re-win this event.

Bueno

Neophyte
Alan said:

I'm sorry, why would there be a tie breaker? We won by 5 minutes. That isn't even close to a tie.

They have FOUR TEAMS ON THE BOARD. "a magical man", "Bike Lock", "Raezion", and "a magical man II" all have teams up there. They had plenty of time and knowledge of what they were facing to do their best. They had more than their fair opportunity to beat our score. They were not prejudiced in any way.

Further, there is not one single instance where a hard two-week cut off was mentioned. At all times, two weeks was stated in approximate terms.

Can you please explain what the reasoning is behind this? They weren't prejudiced, there was no cut off, and they weren't close to the highest score. Why do we have to win the event twice to win? Why do they get a 5th chance?

Alan

Apprentice
It's my fault for not being explicit.

I intended to end it in two weeks, which as I understand it, resulted in some other teams possibly rushing to get things together, but didn't explicitly say exactly two weeks. I was busy when the 2 weeks ended (though I intended on handling the rewards at that time) and was delayed on the rewards and so it gave other teams the opportunity.

I think this will be the most fair approach to determine the final winner given the aforementioned. So that's what we're going to do.

If everyone on your team can't do it, you can find another teammate. If your team really can't find 5 people to do it, I will lower the number of max participants to 4. In any case, send me a PM with your team's situation, and I'll work it out from there.

End of discussion.

S

Shane

We've actually decided to just reward both teams with the winnings. Rewards will be handed out accordingly in a few days to come. Thanks everyone and we will make sure this goes a lot smoother next time around!

I think this is the best way.

Status
Not open for further replies.