T-hunter/dungeon picker build

MANKRIK

Grandmaster
I've never tried treasure hunting before and thinking of giving it a shot. I want a t-hunter build where I can play completely solo (without multi-clienting) as well as pick dungeon chests on the side. What do people recommend? I was thinking something along these lines:

100 Music
100 Provo
100 Magery
100 Lockpicking
80 Med
80 Stealth
70 Carto

90 ?

Is there a chance to cast invis on yourself before the monsters spawn? If so I could just stealth from invis, if not I can use the leftover points for hiding. Any suggestions?

EDIT: And what should my stats look like?

JackPalance

Master
I think this build would work. I would throw all stats into Intelligence and Strength. Level 5 maps are going to be a challenge and level 6 will be pretty much impossible. You may want to summon a Daemon before you start so that the initial spawn doesn't grease you immediately.

I've never tried treasure hunting before and thinking of giving it a shot. I want a t-hunter build where I can play completely solo (without multi-clienting) as well as pick dungeon chests on the side. What do people recommend? I was thinking something along these lines:

100 Music
100 Provo
100 Magery
100 Lockpicking
80 Med
80 Stealth
70 Carto

90 ?

Is there a chance to cast invis on yourself before the monsters spawn? If so I could just stealth from invis, if not I can use the leftover points for hiding. Any suggestions?

You are going to want 100 Hiding if you want to hide before the monsters spawn when digging up the chest. 8/10 times i can hide before they pop. Unfortunately any time you try to take something from the chest it will pop you out of hiding. 100 Str/Int will do just fine

lollo

Grandmaster

100 Music
100 Provo
100 Magery
100 Lockpicking
80 Med
80 Stealth
70 Carto

90 ?

i'll be concise:

you pretty much can't solo a lvl 6 t-map without multclienting and/or taking ages for a single map. Level 5 is also gonna be a *****, you are gonna die A LOT. And good luck when that bad ass paragon spawns.

TL;DR: multi client that shit

MANKRIK

Grandmaster
Thanks guys, I'll play around with it for a bit and see what I need to change. I guess there's no escaping having to multiclient so I may as well embrace it.

Ser Geaux

Neophyte
Can you stealth without having hiding? Dont see hiding in the original build.
You can. If you invis and then stealth; hide mechanics will take over and you won't auto reveal after 2 mins like you normally would. Same thing for hiding next to a house and then stealthing.

a peddler

Neophyte
You can. If you invis and then stealth; hide mechanics will take over and you won't auto reveal after 2 mins like you normally would. Same thing for hiding next to a house and then stealthing.

Just to be clear, My hiding could be 0.0 and stealth 80, I cast invis and the game allows me to stealth? I tried doing that in the past, possibly on another server and it wouldn't let you stealth without the prereq hiding. That server also didn't let you just continue to stealth around without having to actually use the skill though, unlike here.

Ser Geaux

Neophyte
Just to be clear, My hiding could be 0.0 and stealth 80, I cast invis and the game allows me to stealth? I tried doing that in the past, possibly on another server and it wouldn't let you stealth without the prereq hiding. That server also didn't let you just continue to stealth around without having to actually use the skill though, unlike here.
Pretty sure you should still be able to do it that way, from my understanding. Never actually tried it myself though

halv

Grandmaster
Pretty sure you should still be able to do it that way, from my understanding. Never actually tried it myself though

I ask around and nobody really could answer this question. So i droped hiding and tried to stealth from invis spell. It doesn't work. You'll need hiding for stealthing!!!

halv

Grandmaster
100%, i dropped Hiding down to 50% and the engine is saying: "You are not hidden well enough. Become better at hiding."

Morkidan

Apprentice
I run
70 cart
30 magery (could have 50 if I had the extra +20 pts from a ps) Also 30 is more than enough to recall around town)
100 stealing
100 hiding
100 stealth
100 lock picking
100 item id (because its nice to id items right out of the chest)
100 snooping

I like this template because I I can use my provo tamer and this toon in tandem and it allows me to be a thief and also do tmaps and pick w.e paragon chests I get lol

halv

Grandmaster
30 magery (could have 50 if I had the extra +20 pts from a ps) Also 30 is more than enough to recall around town)

That's weird. Are you talking about recalling with scrolls or charged runebooks?
With 30% magery you will have a 15% chance to cast the spell. For a fizzle free casting of fourth circle spellls you need 64% magery.
If you are usingf scrolls, then there is no need for any magery.

You are going to want 100 Hiding if you want to hide before the monsters spawn when digging up the chest. 8/10 times i can hide before they pop. Unfortunately any time you try to take something from the chest it will pop you out of hiding. 100 Str/Int will do just fine

If you cast invisibility as soon as the chest pops fully out of the ground, it will finishing digging up the chest and you will have the spell queued ready to cast. Just saying, it works 100% of the time for me.

Tarraz

Expert
gm magery - it’s just too useful - summon daemons then hide before spawn sees you

gm hiding - so important, you hide straight after the chest is dug then start dragging bars in safety ready for your first pro. Also very useful in dungeons.

gm - lockpicking

gm - resist

gm music

105 provo

gm meditation

You don’t need stealth