tactics on Balron

Fallen Angel

Grandmaster
Hi people
Please tell me how you kill balron?!I die every time :( I do not have time use provo on balron(abys,paragon)
They killing me on 1 sec:(
i precast magic reflection
i have standart provo archer with 110 provo

killing dragon(paragon etc) much easier
than balron
Maybe need resist?

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
I havnt had any deaths in 1 second so I would look into your internet connection on that issue.
But I kill a few of them every night, and ill gladly give u some tips. Although I don't know your build.

So I am a big fan of provoking out of hide/invis. Not for everything, but definitely for hard hitters. Easiest way to do this is turn a corner and let them follow. Right before they regain line of sight... Pop hide or invis.
Sometimes they will wander into los. And u can come str8 out into a provo. Sometimes u have to dart back into los and rehide/invis before they aggro.

As soon as you get 1 provoke on him your job is instantly easier.

The problem past that is 2 shadow daemons versus 1 lord of abyss generally will leave you with 10-25% health left on him by the time they both die.

So then u have to kite him to something else. Or something else to him. If in Dec lvl 5 artic ogres or ancient lich are a good option.
I run 0 resist and I havent died yet to them, although I have ran/hide ran/recalled to heal up and retry.

When u kite him try to keep him just offscreen. So he's following but not casting much on you.
Carry some greater cures.
His poison can be problematic.

I have 105 Provo and I fail every now and then. Just run and hide if u fail. Don't try and wait for a second chance.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
Also it helps to position it where the mob your provoking with the balron is between u and the balron, and you are provoing it onto the balron. For example

You.............shadow daemon.....balron.

Then u Provo the daemon onto the balron.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
Well I would be lying if I said I have never died to duel fireballs to the dome. But it is pretty rare. I keep everything heavy on the edge of my screen and have bandage self/ hide macroed to my mouse 4. Generally for 2 aw I gotta involve a third target to keep an aw busy long enough to get them on each other.

For balron and double daemons I usually provo one daemon onto the balron and then paralyze the other daemon. Then provo the para daemon onto the balron.
Done.

Fallen Angel

Grandmaster
my build
archery
tactics
anatomy
healing
magery 70 med 20
provo 110
music 100

i dont have provo mage,but i think archer much better

precast paralize and cast on balron good tips,but much better target provo, imo

i think i need macro - auto provo 2 target(if balrons close together,if not - death again:))

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
I like running cheap on gold farming toons. Instrument, 50 bandages 200 arrows bow and whatever armor I loot, when I do Provo mage it tends to cost a lot more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
My spec is a Lil imperfect atm.
And I'm not sure what I want to do.
Gm archery
Tactics
Hiding
Music
105 and growing Provo
81 anat/healing
38 magery

I'm tempted to drop magery to 0.
But fear that may cause my recall scrolls to fizzle.?

balron etc,often cast dispel on vortex?

I've found some instances where I can put a vortex down and then provo a mob that's getting hit by the vortex onto myself. I just stay 2 tiles away and kite it along. The mob will follow me and do nothing to the vortex that is beating the shit out of it. I killed a few LLs like this before. Easy to DPS with a silver bow and EV.

I don't know if I have tried this on balrons tho.