Talisman and Altar suggestions.

kolbycrouch

Master
Hey guys. I have 2 quick suggestions I've been thinking about for a while.

1. lower the talisman cooldown when you take it off, or remove the cooldown entirely.
A tamer with a good pet can endlessly die and res. When a talisman character dies at a boss, their talisman
is unusable for the remainder of the boss usually. Tamers don't have this problem.

2. Lower the cooldown for the altar boss's or increase the decay timer on the crystals.
Plenty of my people have complained to me that when you combine the cooldown with the decay timer,
it can be hard to find time to get your crystals in. Especially if you play around prime-time.

Ludwig

Grandmaster
Was expecting to hate these suggestions when I opened the thread. Delightfully wrong.

Agree on both counts 100%.

halv

Grandmaster
Hey guys. I have 2 quick suggestions I've been thinking about for a while.

1. lower the talisman cooldown when you take it off, or remove the cooldown entirely.
A tamer with a good pet can endlessly die and res. When a talisman character dies at a boss, their talisman
is unusable for the remainder of the boss usually. Tamers don't have this problem.

You can still go to Valor Island and tribute 10k to stop the cooldown. The cooldown is anoying, but there are people with two or three talismans. This people could switch between talismans in the middle of a battle. Reduce the cooldown to 5 or 10 minutes or make a difference between tali swap and dying.

2. Lower the cooldown for the altar boss's or increase the decay timer on the crystals.
Plenty of my people have complained to me that when you combine the cooldown with the decay timer,
it can be hard to find time to get your crystals in. Especially if you play around prime-time.

That's so true. I started using an alarm clock to put in my crystals, but it's still not working. I visited Arkor Altar only 10 minutes after the end of the cooldown and he was already spawned. I got around 10 crystals decayed again. There was somebody with 50 crystals in the bag a little faster.
If an altar is open, it's mostly filled up within 1 hour.

Elizabeth Gold

Grandmaster
Suggestion: Dungeonboss spawns at 50 crystals, but there is no limit on how many can be turned in. There chance of anyone getting a relic is still the same. Only the ticketpool is bigger now.

Streets

Grandmaster
Suggestion: Dungeonboss spawns at 50 crystals, but there is no limit on how many can be turned in. There chance of anyone getting a relic is still the same. Only the ticketpool is bigger now.

This wont work because people will keep flooding the well and not bothering with the boss. The point is there is an incentive to kill the boss right now.

halv

Grandmaster
This wont work because people will keep flooding the well and not bothering with the boss. The point is there is an incentive to kill the boss right now.

There is? I think there isn't. You are part of the lottery without killing the boss.
Fafnir is pretty fun and get killed very quick. Akor is kind of an uber-boss and killed very quickly too, because he is dropping an egg. But killing of Adramalech is depending on his spawning point. Adra was spawned many days until staff moved him away to a different spot. Was he stuck at the stairs between level 2+3 he get killed very fast. But it is annoying to kill him and a hard job for at least two dexxer.
He is not dropping anything special like tali relics or eggs, only title and regular rares. You need to raise the relic chance on Bosses to get them killed quickly.

my 5 cents

Streets

Grandmaster
Here is the senario now:

You get 1/2 of 1% for each crystal you turn in. If you where capable of turning in all 50 you have a 25% chance at a talisman.

Once all 50 are turned in people want to kill the boss to be able to turn in more crystals. And the cycle repeats.

Under the suggested idea you have people turning in crystals beyond the 50 cap you are diluting the percentage. This means each crystal value goes from 1/2 a percent chance (0.05) to abysmal levels like 0.001 (yes one in a thousand odds per crystal) if just 5 times as many crystals are turned in.

Then what you will have is people pop in and and act like "hmm well could fight the boss but it's just easier to farm crystals, this diluting the alter more.

I have turned in double digits multiple times for weeks now and have not received one relic yet. If the odds get worse you will never see one and the prices will drive up even higher.

Elizabeth Gold

Grandmaster
Here is the senario now:

You get 1/2 of 1% for each crystal you turn in. If you where capable of turning in all 50 you have a 25% chance at a talisman.

Once all 50 are turned in people want to kill the boss to be able to turn in more crystals. And the cycle repeats.

Under the suggested idea you have people turning in crystals beyond the 50 cap you are diluting the percentage. This means each crystal value goes from 1/2 a percent chance (0.05) to abysmal levels like 0.001 (yes one in a thousand odds per crystal) if just 5 times as many crystals are turned in.

Then what you will have is people pop in and and act like "hmm well could fight the boss but it's just easier to farm crystals, this diluting the alter more.

I have turned in double digits multiple times for weeks now and have not received one relic yet. If the odds get worse you will never see one and the prices will drive up even higher.
Thats what I ment, so for full turn in there is a 25% chance. Divided over 50 crystals thats 0.5% per crystal. If there are 200 crystals turned in before the boss drops, thats only 0.125% per crystal. Hence farming it endlessly will just lower everyone's chances. You still need to kill the boss in order to get a proper chance of getting a relic.

Streets

Grandmaster
Actually each crystal is worth 1/2 of 1 percent or 0.05% as one percent is 0.1 . So if 200 crystals are turned in each crystal is worth 0.0125%

TheFallen

Grandmaster
There is? I think there isn't. You are part of the lottery without killing the boss.
Fafnir is pretty fun and get killed very quick. Akor is kind of an uber-boss and killed very quickly too, because he is dropping an egg. But killing of Adramalech is depending on his spawning point. Adra was spawned many days until staff moved him away to a different spot. Was he stuck at the stairs between level 2+3 he get killed very fast. But it is annoying to kill him and a hard job for at least two dexxer.
He is not dropping anything special like tali relics or eggs, only title and regular rares. You need to raise the relic chance on Bosses to get them killed quickly.

my 5 cents
Adds can be done solo in about 30-45 mins. In any location. Although some are more difficult than others and require a bit more planing.