Tamables-Any Good Poisoners?

I am a new tamer and I just got my first Young Dragon. I would like to use a tamed creature in the background for PVM to lay down some poison. I know scorpions have some pretty decent poisoning ability. Anything else with good poison, that is tamable, and has a few more HP?

RipGrip

Neophyte
"a silver serpent". No clue on spawn locations. And "a giant iceworm" place green thorn into snow. Not sure if it works on this server try it out.

If you need a creature that uses poison then silver serpent or wyvern are good at poisoning, depends on what you want to do with it, i would go with young stars recommendation, if you have magery you can cast poison while your creature does the big deeps

Elizabeth Gold

Grandmaster
I don't think Silver Serpents and Wyrverns are tamable (haven't tried it on this shard, but by default they aren't).
The best poisoning option would be a meta dragon. At 50 taming skill you already get a very good poisoner pet which which has a good health pool and can deal out damage as well. The only downside is it takes 3 tamer slots and has a large investment cost is about 1 milion for the egg. I also highly recommend to buy the pet summoning ball, I believe its 1500 dono. The good thing is that you will eventually want a meta dragon if you reach end game and you already had a chance to level it up as you gain more and moire taming skill.

https://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index.php/Meta_Pets

Last edited:

Yoko Kurama

Master
i would just do two young dragons and ride a mount. When you get enough taming you can upgrade to dtagon mare or dragon white wyrm. Could even do dual WWs
Dual young dragons are honestly better than the WW, the Wyrm has a slight bit more mana, but the fire breathe more than makes up for it.

I did plant the green thorn and tamed an giant ice worm. They have to be beaten down to below 10% health before you can even attempt to tame them. His HP are for crap but he is only one taming slot and his poison is excellent. You might run a dragon, ride a 1 slot pet, and once the dragon has aggro, toss the worm into set the poison and then pull him out. I would say not the most effective way to kill things but it is different, fun, and does not cost millions to obtain and use a giant ice worm.