Thief Hunters / Detectives

Struan

Expert
Suggestion:
- make forensics work so that Thief Hunting/Detectives are possible.

This could bring RP and more balance for those who think thieves are OP.

I personally have not tried forensics as a skill but as I understand it this currently is not a thing on UOF.

Jager

Grandmaster
all for this, i play a thiefe alot and enjoy it but seeing how people think thieves are crazy OP (i dont believe they are) this might shut some lips up on that.

a burglar

Novice
Suggestion:
- make forensics work so that Thief Hunting/Detectives are possible.

This could bring RP and more balance for those who think thieves are OP.

I personally have not tried forensics as a skill but as I understand it this currently is not a thing on UOF.

I like it. Just make it so the detective turns GRAY to the thief.

That way i can show the police my...

pimp-hand-you-got-to-keep-it-strong.jpg

Jager

Grandmaster
i think if they fail they should turn grey to whom they failed towards, but a succesfull detective shouldnt be flagged i dont think

Babethoven

Grandmaster
i support this, we need to make skills such as these USEFUL.... we are the TOP shard... lets enjoy everything and anything in this game... cooking, forensics, camping, all the skills i didnt mention... lets try and slowely put them in the works guys, im sure people would enjoy this... its not going to take away any pvp ;)

Nihilism

Grandmaster
Sense.

Why would a fail make them grey, but a success not?

Unless you plan on the reveal spell also doing the same thing.

Regardless of the fail/success, it would still flag you as an aggressor and leave you unable to recall etc.

If you initiate an action against someone, it should flag you, or it shouldn't.

Success/fail shouldn't determine it.

Jager

Grandmaster
well if you succesfully detect someone they wouldnt know, if you flagged everytime you did the skill on someone youd be flagged to everyone, that doenst make sence. maybe its just me and my way of thinking, and it was just a thought.

Metalhead-

Master
I'm a thief and I'd love to see this implemented. Perhaps a successful kill by someone with forensics could implements very short stat loss for the thief. Make it so tracking works like its suppose to but let those with forensics take a thief out of commission for just an hour or two? That would be a lot of fun and the chase would be fun as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Metalhead-

Master
jesus. forensic eval works like it should. i dont think it needs any changing. lol

Very true but I think it may be a fun thing to add and a good trade off for fixing tracking which is broken. My thief is a fully loaded mage thief. So pots, pouches, quick dressing and undressing of armor macros. I love the chase aspect of being a thief and I think it would be fun if there was an incentive and skill to give people a reason to seak me out and kill me. I think another fair trade could be made for PKs regarding statloss.

Gedron

Master
Awesome idea! I was thinking of a statloss style penalty as well. Maybe have it like the bounty system? If you turn in a thieves head they suffer perhaps 2 hours statloss or you can ransom it back to them for a fee. The system is in place, I don't think it would be difficult to add onto it. I wouldn't mind thieves being so OP if something like this were implemented. Give then SOME risk at least.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
jesus. forensic eval works like it should. i dont think it needs any changing. lol
Yeah, which is "That guy's a thief." The white haired, pageboy-headed naked redlined stealther named "Ferdinand" is a thief? Y'don't say? THANKS GM FORENSICS.

Everyone has that ability without investing points, though. It doesn't even tell you if they're perma or not (which doesn't mean anything anyway, 'cause most if not all thieves just kill themselves, or start blind stealing until they get caught).

I'm all for detectives and cops/robbers. Make it useful.

I Die as a thief more then I succeed, It's not that OP, Just put your stuff away, AFK at the bank with a vanq bow is not a good idea..