Thieves

cloudnien

Novice
Anyone else think it's bullshit that a thief can insta recall after stealing? When I attack someone i'm stuck there.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
When they do that the key is to interrupt their spell and then kill them :).

They got off a clean steal. Otherwise they wouldn't have been able to recall. Just part of the game IMO.

wkstrm

Master
oh god here we go again... :(

Bullshit that thieves can do this and that.
Yes, but it's bullshit that tamers can do this and that too.
And it's bullsht that dexxers can do this and that.
And it's bullshit that crafters can do this and that also!

I call absolute bullshit on everything! Specially on bullshit.

glyph1c

Neophyte
wkstrm said:
oh god here we go again... :(

Bullshit that thieves can do this and that.
Yes, but it's bullshit that tamers can do this and that too.
And it's bullsht that dexxers can do this and that.
And it's bullshit that crafters can do this and that also!

I call absolute bullshit on everything! Specially on bullshit.

bullshit!

Bueno

Neophyte
FYI, if you ever suggest that anything thieves can do is even mildly excessive, they will all pour into your thread. "WHY DONT WE JUST MAKE THIS TRAMMEL SERVER FUCKING BULLSHIT THIEVES ALWAYS GET NERFED." It doesn't matter how powerful they are. Until they can steal the blessed clothing off of your chest and have it stay blessed in their backpack, they will not be happy.

Thieves are very strong here. Most things worth stealing are 1 stone, giving 100% success even without GM stealing. The fact that they can instantly recall is silly.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Bueno said:
FYI, if you ever suggest that anything thieves can do is even mildly excessive, they will all pour into your thread. "WHY DONT WE JUST MAKE THIS TRAMMEL SERVER FUCKING BULLSHIT THIEVES ALWAYS GET NERFED." It doesn't matter how powerful they are. Until they can steal the blessed clothing off of your chest and have it stay blessed in their backpack, they will not be happy.

Thieves are very strong here. Most things worth stealing are 1 stone, giving 100% success even without GM stealing. The fact that they can instantly recall is silly.

Of course they will pour into a thread because the thief has been nerfed more than any other class in the history of anything, ever created in history of any universe. So yeah, there are reasons why we pour into threads like this. Implement 120 stealing please, I want to steal halberds as well...

Your 100% success rate is off totally.. You can steal the item, but you will get an over powered chop to the head from an elitist guard swinging an elitist halberd with Thor's bolt attached to it 50% of the time and his NPC mates also have built in x-ray vision. So no, its not 100%, it is usually suicide. Now, take this bucket and fill it with your tears, you can use this to put out this flame if you see the need.

Finch

Apprentice
Thieves are just about the only class which can be nearly 100% defended against. They're also probably the most difficult class to play effectively.

If you don't want to be stolen from, use a lock box.

Lucky Jim

Neophyte
Finch said:
Thieves are just about the only class which can be nearly 100% defended against. They're also probably the most difficult class to play effectively.

If you don't want to be stolen from, use a lock box.

Anyone grousing about thieves has never really played a thief. If they did, they'd know how hair-pullingly difficult it is to be an effective one, and not just some punk reg-filcher

Bueno said:
^ completely clueless

EllEssDee

Master
I think I'm a pretty good thief, and overall the number one tool I use to steal from people is their own stupidity
Thief employs a lot of meta-game tactics.
I wouldn't say its very easy to do, but after a little bit you start to get it pretty easily.

Its also the most fun build to play.
Unless you like spamming all kill and waiting on gold?
Oh and crying when a thief steals your powerscroll.

Lucky Jim

Neophyte
EllEssDee said:
I think I'm a pretty good thief, and overall the number one tool I use to steal from people is their own stupidity
Thief employs a lot of meta-game tactics.
I wouldn't say its very easy to do, but after a little bit you start to get it pretty easily.

Its also the most fun build to play.
Unless you like spamming all kill and waiting on gold?
Oh and crying when a thief steals your powerscroll.

Oh, it's the best. I remember UOSA back when it launched and I played my first thief. Asking some poor sap in a dungeon for bandages and thieving his hard won treasure maps in the process was the best feeling ever.