Tinker Golems

Saturn

Grandmaster
With the new addition of crafting tables and such, i think tinkers need a boost to tinkers, and i think the perfect way to do this is with Golems.

Special runes just like slayer armor should give Golems special qualities, like extra magic resist, extra armor, extra dmg, immunity to poison ect, and a slayer property.

These would not be easy to craft and would require a LARGE amount of resources, all diff types of ingots and runes and maybe items that drop from champ spawns and also require the new crafting tables to make, and a type of power crystal to control. (like a battery that runs out that you have to continue to plug in)

Healing a golem i would assume requires Ingots instead of bandages, and you would need animal lore as well to control such a beast.

Should take a 120 tinker to craft a "Greater Golem" that can be crafted with these such items.

I would love to see a Tinker farming in a dungeon. This is a long forgotten aspect of the tinker trade and was never implemented properly and i think UOF has the ideas and resources to make a pretty freaking cool new farming template.

Kairus

Adept
there was tinker golems in some old private servers, was nice. tinkers made them but everyone was able to use them.

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
there was tinker golems in some old private servers, was nice. tinkers made them but everyone was able to use them.
They put them in the Official as well, a much later era then we are playing now. They were used to GM some skills while in town and were repairable with the color of ingots used to create them, if i recall correctly.

Ahh Golems, I remember those. Great idea. The tinker really doesn't have much use as it is so this would be nice to add.

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
Now I remember how they were used! If you had a weapon with 100% poison damage you did 0 damage to them and could GM combat skills (except Parry) in town.

halygon

Grandmaster
What is the decay time on golems? Will they stay indefinitely while the tinker is logged in?
Are golems still a thing in game? Haven't seen anyone use these...
Outside of a couple golems made for an event (they are fairly pointless outside of rare collecting), Golems are not currently a thing in game.

We have discussed the possibility of them, but no decisions or plans have been made in their regards.