Tired of the same old grind? Want to enjoy UO at a new level?

Torus Moore

Expert
Why not try RPvP?

Wait, wait, wait hear me out before you hit back.

Do you like to PvP but cant stand the zerg squads? Do you like fighting on foot where your enemy cant just bolt away on their mount till they jump in their house? Would you prefer to fight with enemies who wont dry loot, gloat and rez kill?

RPvP is right for you!

But wait isnt RP for losers?
Well one can argue were all kinda losers for still playing UO but screw that we love our stupid outdated mmoRPg and no ones going to tell us otherwise! RPing is just getting immersed in the game world and creating consequences and purpose to an otherwise monotonous situation.

But I dont want to sit in town saying thee and thou all day!
Good news for you! Thats a ridiculous stereotype of RPers that quite frankly never really existed. Especially not among the RPvP community. Were role players who love to fight not sit down and tell stories in the tavern!

How much PvP we talking about?
How about nightly? With 10+ on the field all killing and killing and killing! If I may quote a recent newcomer (without outing the player as a *gasp* RPer)
"I've had more quality pvp in the last week than I had in months of factions, more fun pvp too"
- Anonymous to protect the innocent!

The fact of the matter is, were having a blast right now and we want the shard to have an opportunity to join in the fun. If youve never RPed before you are in for the best time youve had playing the game. If you are an old RPer and havent tried here on UOF yet, come on in the waters fine! There are guilds for all play styles and if you dont fit in to one? Make one!

Like playing stealth archers? Become an Orc or Ranger

Parry dexxer? Knight sounds like your thing

Mage? become an evil sorcerer bent on killing everyone! (well thats kinda taken but always room for more!)

Not sure what you like? Mercenary sounds good! (insert shameless guild plug here)

Theres undead people running around, elves even.

Literally all RP styles are welcome so long as your willing to be cool. No ones been dry looting, stating, rez killing or griefing which makes for more fun. More respect for your enemies the more likely youll have entertaining fights and less running and hiding. Want some evidence for all this? Look below:

View: https://youtu.be/w1h2uSepi2Y

v8as1Ka.jpg

Ydvve5L.jpg

pZraMVZ.jpg

123.png

PvP all day! Seriously how can anyone not want to join the fun? If you have any question ask away!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir.

Grandmaster
Awesome post @Torus Moore

I have conversation after conversation with people involved in the scene right now who message me and tell me how much fun it was just then fighting us. And others who tell me how much they absolutely love fighting the orcs too as they are a totally different enemy. Undead are creepin around as well as murderous stalkers and a dark sorceress... The best part is the Code of Conduct everyone seems to follow - No Loot, No Res-Kill, No Statting... In fact, just last night, while having a skirmish between us Knights and the Orcs, we ran into a couple of non RP PK's who we teamed up against to kill and then IMMEDIATELY went right back to fighting each other when it was done... These guys came back, got their loot, reapproached us and again we took them down, didn't loot.... 30 mins the guy came back and started fighting with us and not looting us when he would get one of us! It's awesome how much fun PvP can be when it's not res-kill over and over and over, and when people will leave your weapons AND regs/arrows/bandages for you to try again, knowing that IF you win, you will be honorable and let them come back, loot, heal up and try again... RPvP is seriously SO underrated... I just hope it stays clean as it takes good sportsmanship (which we have!) to keep it that way! *applauds for all* You guys rock!

Here's some links I gathered to help show how much fun RPvP can be:

The War Records (links to war related posts):
The Battle of Fallen Siege (Shard Fort Battle)
The War for Old Ratman Valley
The Orcs Take Back the Cave
The Warg Riders Return
Knights Weekly Magazine: RPvP Edition
An Introduction to Virtuism
Join the Knights
Join the Orcs
Yu the Sorceress stalks Knights and Orcs

Lore is what drives the battle.. Stories, short or long and descriptive, help fuel the fun behind the battles and assassinations!

Sir.

Grandmaster
A Short Story....

As Reported by Lady Aeni of the Knight's Guild:

While battling a masked murderer for what seemed like hours, an evil sorceress emerged from the shadows of the forest:
GXMpec4.jpg

There was some interesting tactics used and the battle between the 3 began...
KTXvbHh.jpg

And by the end of the battle, many had joined and bodies were strewn all about the Valley...
SQC1G6w.jpg

These are daily occurences... I love it hahaha.

And here's a screen also reported of the tenacity and courage of our new recruits:
yvMnCyj.jpg

Its the willingness to have a good time and be a good sport and respect the enemy... The fights keep going because we do not loot, stat or res kill anyone down here, not even the murderer, which is why he stuck around so long and had a good time with us!

Huzzah! See the Roleplay forums and many other links to see the action wrapped in story for some real entertaining reads!!

Yu the Sorceress

Apprentice
The fights are constant and the darkness grows. More and more people are to show...

The orcs are furious, the knights are preparing, the cult is recruiting and the sorceress is quiet daring.

So many enemies to fight. Where can one find the might to take on them all. Let the darkness come over you and you shall have this power so.

Should we stand up and depart and do what is right? Do we leave the orcs their homeland tonight?

I say not, for it is too much joy to see such a sight. The blood shed is just about right.

Join us! Constant fights, complete chaos and sneaky orcs. What more could a player ask for.

RsRk8Ln.png

vmXdXaw.png

15WJW6v.png

These are just some of the crazy action shots between multiple groups fighting almost endlessly for several hours tonight.