Tone down Energy Vortexes (EVS)

agauo

Master
Not crying or anything, but I don't see any reason why they run so fast. They hit fairly hard, poison, attack extremely fast, all while running at close to mounted speed. Should tone them down a bit. I would suggest by making them run at least half as slow.

People's thoughts?

lollo

Grandmaster
Just dispel them. Omg so scrubby to see pks and pvpers crying about evs lol.
This just Made my day thank you guys

lollo

Grandmaster
Lol seriously? Is this the same people that usually say "deal with it" when they hear what they call trammies cry about explo pots or getting pked?

lollo

Grandmaster
Except they cost 50 mana and multiple fizzles to cast and you can dispel them with 20 mana? Yeah, definitely OP.

I'll just copy and paste this discussion the first time one of you l33t pvpers tell some poor trammie to adapt or gtfo

crome

Grandmaster
I'm all for balance you dont fizzle with scrolls fyi it's not something that effects me but I hate anything aos. Insta agro damage above head ect

lollo

Grandmaster
Even without fizzle it's still 50 mana vs 20 mana. Anyways yes, pvp needs balance but there are far bigger problems than EVs to look at

halygon

Grandmaster
Even without fizzle it's still 50 mana vs 20 mana. Anyways yes, pvp needs balance but there are far bigger problems than EVs to look at
Well a few considerations. Its 20 mana IF you have magery and IF you can get away from it long enough to cast dispel. For a mage, this can be difficult depending on the situation, for a dexxor(that does have magery) it is twice as difficult. Also, dispel chance of player vs EV is not 100%.

lollo

Grandmaster
Well vs a dexer with a fast weapon it's Also VERY difficult for the mage to cast a lvl8 spell without interruption

In my experience, anyone who casts an EV during PvP is either fighting a total newb, or is a newb themselves. I haven't had to run from one that I remember, so I can't comment on the whole run speed, except that I don't think a players pet should be able to outrun an EV. I agree, also, that nerfing the EV's run speed isn't very high priority when it comes to balancing PvP.

halygon

Grandmaster
Well vs a dexer with a fast weapon it's Also VERY difficult for the mage to cast a lvl8 spell without interruption
Are you contending that a mage *should* be able to cast a 5 second spell in the middle of pvp - and since they cannot that their level 8 spells should be OP?

EVs are typically casted off-screen and then dropped after moving onscreen with their target. There is no chance to disrupt with this method.

IMO though, I think that the issue isn't so much their speed, but the fact that they only target enemies and not everyone.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Not crying or anything, but I don't see any reason why they run so fast. They hit fairly hard, poison, attack extremely fast, all while running at close to mounted speed. Should tone them down a bit. I would suggest by making them run at least half as slow.

People's thoughts?
Also i think they should be full on EVS like they used to be and attack everything inducing the caster if that is the closest target. Not these trammy evs who dont even attack blues if u are blue