Trade pack runs (BOD, raw materials, etc)

Halifax

This idea is, unfortunately, taken from another game (not ultima online), but I think it would be awesome if it was added here.

The concept is this:

-You get a BOD to make 100 items of a certain type/quality
-This BOD can either be turned in to the nearest vendor (blacksmith vendor for blacksmith BOD, tailor for tailor, etc.) for X a reward, or you can go turn it in to a vendor in the next town, or one that is the entire world away for more profit - the further away/more dangerous the adventure, the higher the reward.
- You could even incorporate raw materials for pack runs i.e. lumber, cloth, etc...

*There would have to be some way to make it so you can't just go buy the materials and have the reward outweigh the price of purchase, or just get rid of the purchase altogether. Maybe some way to know if it was bought or farmed.*

(Rewards could be really rare hues, items, lots of gold, anything that can be semi valuable to very valuable)

There are cons to making this BOD and traveling far distances.

- You are encumbered.
- You can only walk, cannot recall, cannot travel through gates.
- You cannot use any riding or pack animal to help you carry your goods.
- You have to walk the roads or take a boat that you or helpful friend owns to get to your desired location.

You can have a group of friends to accompany you to protect you from people trying to steal your BOD pack.

If someone kills you and loots your pack, if they are on a mount they are immediately unmounted and suffer the same problems you had when trying to transport the pack.

If someone from your party picks up your backpack and decides to turn it in instead of resurrecting you, your friend gets 25% of the reward while you get 75%.

While carrying a pack, there will have to be something obviously notifying who the pack holder is, maybe a certain colored cloak, or whatever can be a discernible marker for the pack carrier.

There would have to be some things added or whatever so that if combat on a boat happens, there is a way to loot the body to take the pack from the bodies. I don't know how to code or anything, so that would be up to the Devs.

I think this would be a great addition to PvP, group PvP, and tradeskills in general. I think it would be awesome.

AlyM

Grandmaster
Sounds like a really cool idea for an event. I don't see this working well as just a normal every day thing, but as an event this would be bloody awesome