two questions about meta pets

Brenin

Novice
1. mobs fight automatically meta pets rather then normal pets?
2.if another pet/character hit the mob, the meta pet will gain less experience?

tnx all.

Messremb

Grandmaster
1 no
2 you only lose the exp from the damage your pet could have done. Meta pets exp is all based of the damage they do.

Young Star

Grandmaster
Monsters do prioritize their targets to some degree. I think certain ones have different priorities then others. I think it is based on stats. Paragon mobs will switch more based on proximity. You can take over tanking by standing on top of them pretty consistently.

no i do not turn grey, but my pet turns grey to me but i dont think to anyone else

Unless this was changed extremely recently, I definitely go grey when I provoke the mob onto my own pet. Also since I hunt in a lot of the same areas other tamers do, this leads to opportunistic people recalling in to instantly sic their metas on me. I only voke onto my own pet in a dire situations where my pet is about to die and I need to swap the target onto my other pet to recover.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Unless this was changed extremely recently, I definitely go grey when I provoke the mob onto my own pet. Also since I hunt in a lot of the same areas other tamers do, this leads to opportunistic people recalling in to instantly sic their metas on me. I only voke onto my own pet in a dire situations where my pet is about to die and I need to swap the target onto my other pet to recover.
You need to be in a guild, only your pet will go grey to you then. Provoing on pets can be dangerous though as your pet will no longer take commands, until the mob is dead, or you break the provo.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

PekatronIII

Grandmaster
miss
uuu.png

You need to be in a guild, only your pet will go grey to you then. Provoing on pets can be dangerous though as your pet will no longer take commands, until the mob is dead, or you break the provo.
Didn't know that. Many years of UO and I have never been in a guild, only knew that when I do it I went grey. Thanks for clearing it up.