1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ULTIMA ONLINE FOREVER GOING INTO 2015

Discussion in 'News Archive' started by Shane, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Shane

Shane Guest

[​IMG]

NEW SERVER! - DONE!

We will be moving to a new server come this THURSDAY, OCTOBER 09, 2014.
    The new server is an Upgrade from the previous one and also we have switched SERVER LOCATIONS which is important. The
    previous server location was in DALLAS, TEXAS, USA. The new upgraded server is now in CHIGACO, ILLINOIS, USA. You will
    not need to do anything on your end in lieu of this change as it is all server-side. You may TEST your latency to the new server if you wish by pinging the following IP: 216.52.148.4 CLICK HERE FOR FULL DETAILS!

NEW COUNSELLOR ADDITIONS! - DONE!
    We have added (2) New Counsellor positions recently to help with pages and general in game complications and will be
    adding another ONE to TWO other new positions to this. Please note we generally try to answer any in game complications,
    but please refrain from using the in game page system as a dynamic Wikipedia for Ultima Online Forever. If an question
    you page in with can be answered generally from the public we will push you that way. Please try to confide in the
    community for basic questions be it, in game, the forums or in our mIrc chat. We won't reveal to you in game mechanics or
    specific information about certain subjects.

ULTIMA ONLINE FOREVER APPAREL DRIVE! - IN PROGRESS!
    We have decided to make some clothing available for purchase. After testing multiple different print websites we decided
    to start our first drive at teespring. You are able to purchase any size of Vneck Tshirts, CrewNeck TShirts, LongSleeve
    TShirts, and HOODIES! We need a total of 50 purchases total with-in the next 20 DAYS. Basically we decided to go this
    route to see what the ACTUAL over-all interest in UOFOREVER apparel would be. CLICK HERE TO GET YOURS!

ULTIMA ONLINE FOREVER CLIENT LAUNCHER! - 98% DONE!
    In the next week or so, we will be releasing an Ultima Online Forever Client Launcher/PATCHER. We have been working
    really hard on this recently, and it is coming together rather favourably. This game launcher/auto patcher will be an absolute game changer. It will be what separates us, from everything, and everyone else out there. This feature will enable us to implement on the fly custom ART and SOUNDS. What does this mean? It means everything. Thousands of new items, hundreds of new monsters/creatures/tameables, Tons of custom music and sounds. Imagine entering an arena with the UO FOREVER THEME SONG (LINK) Playing, or special sound effects for each hit you deliver with more gore than you can imagine. Imagine actually having a custom 40x40 PLOT. Image rideable dragons, griffons or more. Imagine fighting new beasts never before seen in all of you're previous UO History. Whatever you can imagine, we now can do. While you're imagining all that, add the fact that we will be strictly sticking to, and keeping the original mechanics and nostalgia factors that make UO what it is.
    This Launcher and auto patcher will be revolutionary. With it you'll be able to install the full client, our custom patches, razor assistant, steamuo assistant, and also sallos limited client.

FACTION REMOVAL & MILITIA IMPLEMENTATION!
    Yes, We plan on removing FACTIONS totally, and replacing/editing it with a new system in place. This new system is designed to be appealing to not only "PvPers" but also those of all other play styles. Crafter, Bard, Tamer, Thief etc... All templates will be able to play a KEY role in the new system we are developing, as you will not be able to reap the over-all rewards unless the city your swear your citizenship to is doing well.

SECOND AGE ERA PLAY STYLE!
    We didn't forget about this. Originally we developed a whole new FACET that once you were put in that facet on your character it turned to T2A rule set etc. We now know that this is NOT the way to go. Separating the player base by expanding the map has extremely harsh consequences in the long run. We now have an extremely, extremely good idea on how to implement T2A play styles into the server. This will be announced SOON, and i guarantee and am over-confident of how well this will turn out.

NEW DONATION TIER REWARDS ANNOUNCED! - DONE!
    As of OCTOBER 1st, 2014 we have updated the new donation tiers! See if you apply and be assured no one will be left out! PLEASE be patient with me getting to these as i only do so many, every so often, as to not effect economy. If you have already sent me a PM Please ensure it is "BUMPED" regularly so i get to it as i receive many messages daily. As stated PLEASE be patient on this: CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS..

NEW PLAYER INTRODUCTIONS/TUTORIALS!
    We are developing a bunch of new player tutorials and developing new ways to make the new player experience AS SMOOTH as humanly possible. With Ultima Online Forever we find there is a serious steep learning curve and we are working hard to smooth that out.

RULES, PUNISHMENTS, AND ETIQUETTE EVALUATION!
    We will be reviewing ALL our rules, and changing exactly how we handle warnings, punishments and banning(S) etc across all social platforms that conform to UO Forever. We plan on initiating a solid set in stone system that both STAFF and PLAYERS are well aware of and everyone will abide by that system, keeping everyone on the same page in general. We will also be working on STAFF ETIQUETTE and general PR(Player Relations) handling.

WHERE ARE WE GOING NEXT?
    We will be releasing a new expansion in the new year coming with multiple updates. You won't want to miss out, but generally what you just read is what is going on. We are now limitless, and we are no longer going to hold back. Once we implement our auto patcher and launcher, combined with our new player introductions and tutorials projects we will be marketing on a mass scale. We plan to bring a lot of people back to the UO they remembered, while introducing new functions

COMING IN THE NEXT MONTH!
    HALLOWEEN MASS EVENT WITH NEW DUNGEON OPENING & NEW TAMEABLE
    POKER!

DON'T FORGET:

Ending this WEDS, OCT 08, 2014 : ITEM BLESS DEED RAFFLE (CLICK HERE)
    CARL'S 2014 HALLOWEEN HOUSE DECORATION CONTEST! (CLICK HERE)

..........and we love you.

Ultima Online Forever STAFF

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
    39 people like this.
  2. kyleakira

kyleakira Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2014
    Kyle Akira
    Amazing! I already brought back my fellas from my old shard, this is going into the right direction!

I'd love to see more changes in the PvP system as I feel is it too much Mage-oriented.

Good work Shane & Team !

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
  3. TubeLover

TubeLover Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2014
    All this sounds very promizing !

As long as the above stays true, GO for it !
    Thanks for your dedication and hard work, and I guess we love you too :)

2 people like this.
  4. Shane

Shane Guest

PVP Is for sure going to get some serious TLC soon as well. We have really great idea's for it over-all. We have multiple guilds waiting for certain implementations we plan to add, and our new additions. We will be the central hub for players from both UO:R era and T2A era to centralize in in the coming future.

6 people like this.
  5. Fuschino

Fuschino Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Beyond excited for this! I can't wait to see what you guys are up to! Keep up the good work.

2 people like this.
  6. Willy

Willy Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2014
    Big Willy - Paul Funyan
    sounds amazing

7. aIck

aIck Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2013
    I take the one of the things that gets implemented from T2A (at least) is instahit, so will special moves be removed/nerfed now that magic weapons are getting spell procs on top of all that?

8. Shane

Shane Guest

Yes it will be no mounts, insta hit, heal through poison, no special hits...

2 people like this.
  9. Vic Rattlehead

Vic Rattlehead Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Vic Rattlehead
    All of this sounds very exciting and promising! Thanks for keeping it interesting and active, that's what makes this shard strong and healthy.

2 people like this.
  10. Akillah

Akillah Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Akillah, Ruby Red, Janis Joplin
    can't wait! I want a ridable tiger!!

11. Wayne King

Wayne King Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Wayn King, Barry McCokiner, Turd Fergison, Sloppy Taco
    I know its more on the boring side but I was just wondering what was going on with the new wood types? I read about it a couple months ago and it hasn't really been mentions since. Otherwise I like the new changes and appreciate all the hard work you guys put in. Thanks

12. Shane

Shane Guest

New wood will come with the next expansion most likely. It was something that was slightly introduced and never really marketed or given information on yet on how it will work. It WILL be coming though.

2 people like this.
  13. Norseman

Norseman Active Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Tristan Thorn, Jona Indi
    Considering the current near impossibility of finding a custom house plot over 7x7 that's not currently being camped by an empty claimed plot I'm DEFINITELY looking forward to the housing changes, and as a crafter I wholeheartedly look forward to the new launcher . Can't wait.

14. Experience

Experience Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Experience, Telemain, Berethrax
    You guys always keep my excited like a kid in the Willy Wonka Factory....The amount of work you put in shows your true dedication. I can't wait for all these things to happen!

4 people like this.
  15. Salsa

Salsa Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Awesome stuff. Really hoping to be able to convert my castle into a customizable of the same size!!

16. SaladinX

SaladinX Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2013
    THIS IS WHY I JOINED THIS SHARD! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

2 people like this.
  17. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2013
    Shane, does the new client launcher mean Sallos will be included?? cuz after watching the live stream I really want it lol it looks so crisp and modern lol

2 people like this.
  18. SidX

SidX Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Sid
    Loving some of these updates. What will happen to faction silver once factions are changed? Also who are the counselors you hired? Any plans on posting bios?

Can't wait to own my 40x40... and yes this will happen.

19. Magpie

Magpie Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Yeah, I'd love some more information about Sallos "limited."

I've heard that Sallos is pretty limited with macros/hotkeys and not as user friendly as UOSteam/Razor. You guys didn't modify the Sallos client heavily to improve its usability at all did you?

I want the graphics update but don't want to lose the functionality of Razor/UOSteam...

Thanks for the update.

20. Magpie

Magpie Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Also, are the new IDOC changes going to be implemented soon? The update where friends can only refresh your house for so long before it starts to decay and the owner must refresh it themselves?