1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ultima Online Forever Launcher (Official Soft Release)

Discussion in 'News Archive' started by Shane, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Hey everyone,

Adam has worked intensely hard with many random players from all over to get this thing working top notch. The idea and goal behind this project is to give us the ability to provide our players and future players effortless, problem free updates with custom edits, mobs, art, sound, music, and much, much more... Basically if you are 6 years young, or 85 years old, we want you to be able to get into Ultima Online Forever with minimal effort and ensure that your experience is nothing less than exceptional.

Again, this is something that really has never been done professionally on a private server. This is also something I PERSONALLY have wanted since we started Ultima Online Forever.

We want to get this right, and get it perfect.

LAUNCHER PATCH TEST:
    [​IMG]

What does this do?
    This is the new way of how you will launch, and enter into the Ultima Online Forever realm/game. It will automatically keep you up to date, and ensure you are up to date on what's happening with the game.

Is it safe?
    Absolutely, you can test it yourself. We are very passionate about this project, and would never, ever jeopardize that.

I have a previous tested Launcher already, can i just use that?
    No! Please re-download and use this new Launcher. It's updated, has many new great features. This is our on-going version.

Do i have to update?
    Nope, absolutely not. However as time goes by, you will begin to miss out on new items, colors, monsters, sounds, and any other custom content we implement. From beautiful audio to new items such as decoration etc. Plans are even in place for LARGE (Castle size) custom plots, which would require this feature. Eventually you will be missing out on a full experience that we have worked intensely hard to provide, all for a small 2-10 minute download.

So what do i do?

DOWNLOAD BELOW:
    • Make sure you close ALL Ultima Online clients and related programs.
    • You may need to do a fresh install into a new directory, if so, it is worth it.
    • Any issues, please post below.

http://uoforever.com/downloaduoforever.php

Note:
    This is a soft official launch of this, we are also going to be moving all files onto a download service host specifically for this alone.

BONUS* : Anyone who uploads a step by step process with audio and voice over on installing this will receive an in game reward. Must be uploaded to YouTube and MUST be named "Ultima Online Forever Install"

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2015
    9 people like this.
  2. Fattson

Fattson Well-Known Member

Will the previous launcher that I've been using update or do I need to install this?

3. Shane

Added to questions above:
    I have a previous tested Launcher already, can i just use that?
    No! Please re-download and use this new Launcher. It's updated, has many new great features. This is our on-going version.

2 people like this.
  4. Fattson

Fattson Well-Known Member

Done and done. Really think my previous experience dealing with the beta launcher helped a great deal.

2 people like this.
  5. Alucard

Alucard Well-Known Member

great! I'm waiting for this release! yeehaa it happened!
    Are there any plans in this launcher - add on account management system?
    see own accounts per IP, manage and delete them???
    i think - it would be very convenient, and reduced the questions from players to admins

p.s. because at the moment I can't create 3 account, and do not understand what the problem is :oops:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2015
    4 people like this.
  6. Shane

Yes, all of this is planned for the launcher itself eventually.

This is ALL about making it extremely easy for everyone. We can attract a million people here if we want, but if it's too difficult to get into the game, that doesn't do any of us, or them any good !

This is the first MAJOR and largest step, of making Ultima Online Forever a much larger community than it currently is.

4 people like this.
  7. Salsa

Salsa Well-Known Member

Let's get those castle plots going!

...and let's not make them something you need to donate for.

8. Aaronplaysuo

Aaronplaysuo Active Member

i followed instructions and it says Ready to Play! but the Play button on the right dose not start anything what did i do wrong?

9. Kananur

Kananur New Member

I'm having the same problem as Aaronplaysuo. I also did a fresh install to see if that would fix the problem. Play button still does nothing.

10. Adam

Adam Administrator Staff Member

I've had this report from a few people. I'm looking into it now. If someone has this issue and frequents IRC, can you please PM me on there?

11. Skye Wolfbane

Skye Wolfbane Governor of Trinsic

Did you choose which client? Little OPTIONS on the upper left hand corner. And make sure Steam/razor whichever you use are downloaded. It will show that in the gump. I had to reDL steam with the launcher and it erased my macros so make sure to save the profile somewhere on your desktop before doing all this and later replace the profile into the new steam folder. Hope all that makes sense.
    Mine's working great now. For some reason, everything looks brighter too.

4 people like this.
  12. Tarena

Tarena Well-Known Member

I have it showing "Update available" but nothing happens. Just a red bar...

13. Tarena

Tarena Well-Known Member

Also, I have double checked that it is properly pointing to my UO and razor folders.

14. kmotion

kmotion Well-Known Member

love the new launcher!

now to try and getting it working under linux :eek:

2 people like this.
  15. Niloc

Niloc Active Member

I was having the same issue that Aaronplaysuo was having. Opened up options and even though the locations for the client and razor were correct, I selected the folders again and all works great now.

2 people like this.
  16. Dj Double D

Dj Double D Well-Known Member

Where can I find the proper, newest client to download? The main link to download the full client from UOF site is the 7.0.15 version which is missing all kinds of stuff.. I had a link to this site, to d/l full client, and it was version 7.0.37 and worked quite well... where is that link, I cannot find it and am now running old version? Shoudn't have listened to the "fresh install" advice!! D'oh, I was probably fine before but now....

17. Niloc

Niloc Active Member

Uploaded a quick video, first one I have ever done...so be gentle.

18. parsnip

parsnip Well-Known Member

Aww you beat me to it, I was going to try and record one this weekend. Nicely done, short and sweet :)

2 people like this.
  19. Tarena

Tarena Well-Known Member

Ok, so i just completely uninsted UO and am attempting to reinstall using the launcher. so far ive tried downloading three times, once it crashed at 51%, another time it crashed at 23% and then at 36.7%. here is the crash:

[​IMG]

Edit: i am running windows 8.1

20. Tarena

Tarena Well-Known Member

4th try is the charm. it installed, but then crashed when trying to install Sallos...