1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ultima Online Forever Launcher (Official Soft Release)

Discussion in 'News Archive' started by Shane, Jan 28, 2015.

1. SoftWind

SoftWind Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2014
    SoftWind
    Chyanne
    Diamonique
    Ayashe
    Pawnee
    For months UOF has run fine on my 8.1 laptop. Today it decided it wasn't going to work anymore. After trying several times to get it to work again I have finally given up! I deleted EVERYTHING UO related and am starting from scratch. Hopefully I am doing it right. I have downloaded and installed the newest UO Client from uo.com and it is now running updates. I have the UOF Launcher that I will run next and install Steam and Razor from there. Someone please tell me if I am doing this the correct way!!!

Thanks

2 people like this.
  2. SoftWind

Sep 30, 2014
    SoftWind
    Chyanne
    Diamonique
    Ayashe
    Pawnee
    Nope still isn't working....this is getting depressing. All those staff members online and nobody answers....

3. parsnip

parsnip Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    I would recommend downloading the client through UOF Launcher rather than going via uo.com.

Some points to check:
    1) Are you running it in compatibility mode?
    2) Are you running it as an admin?
    3) Are you keeping the launcher in the same location?
    4) Are you receiving any kind of errors or is it simply not loading?

Suggest logging into IRC and asking in the main channel. If @eppy is online, he should be able to help. I'm happy to assist further too!

2 people like this.
  4. SoftWind

Sep 30, 2014
    SoftWind
    Chyanne
    Diamonique
    Ayashe
    Pawnee
    1) I changed nothing in compatibility mode...never had to before
    2) yes I am running as Admin
    3) yes put the launcher on desktop and haven't touched it
    4) takes forever to get to server screen just sits at connecting...sometimes says couldn't connect to server try later

You know I've been in Parsnip and I've touched nothing!! It just stopped working so I reinstalled and it's still not working....I'm gonna need an intervention if I don't get it fixed TODAY!

5. crazy-horse

crazy-horse Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2013
    If you haven't already, do an uninstall.. then go in and delete the folder the game was in. Sometimes a file will get corrupted and just reinstalling over inself minght not overwrite the corrupt file. ALSO, and I'm sure you've dfone this but even the gurus forget at times of stress.. have you restarted the computer? It may just be the version in memory that is corrupt and not being overwritten,

6. SoftWind

Sep 30, 2014
    SoftWind
    Chyanne
    Diamonique
    Ayashe
    Pawnee
    I have done all you mentioned. Uninstalled everything...UO from any folder on my C drive, all of Razor and Steam...anything that had UO Forever, EA Games...all of it. Then I rebooted. Looked for any hang around files got rid of them and rebooted. Did a search for anything remotely close to anything UO, Razor, Steam, UOF....rebooted

Once I did all of that, I downloaded and used a fresh install of our UOF Launcher....nothing. Went through all of the above steps yet again and downloaded, installed, updated the newest EA Games UO Client then a fresh download and use of our UOF Launcher to overwrite any needed files and guess what....nothing.

I have been working on this issue on my laptop for a total of 9 hours and I have yet to get into UO Forever. So I tried logging into HexChat to our IRC and it isn't working either. My laptop is now doing a recovery back to mid March so I can find out if something else disappeared that is causing the issue. I'm so frustrated!!!!

Thank you to all who have replied and are keeping me on the path to getting this issue fixed. Would have been nice to have heard from SHANE or ADAM too!

7. crazy-horse

Oct 29, 2013
    Sounds like you know your stuff. Only other thing I can think of, since hexchat doesn't work either ... are you sure your laptop is online (silly if your posting here from the laptop).
    Is there an error message? at what point does it stop loading?

8. SoftWind

Sep 30, 2014
    SoftWind
    Chyanne
    Diamonique
    Ayashe
    Pawnee
    Okay got through the system restore and now....I'm getting a Fatal Error - fonts.mul

Steam opens but it won't open the UO Client.

Oh and yes I'm online LOL!!! I woulda thought of that too tho!

I'm tryin to get back in UO in a hurry...I know there's reds out there just dyin' to keel me!!! hahah

9. crazy-horse

Oct 29, 2013
    All the .MUL files are in the loader I think... find the current gonts.mul.. delete it.. and see if it will reload just by running like getting online. If not, reload the loader.

10. SoftWind

Sep 30, 2014
    SoftWind
    Chyanne
    Diamonique
    Ayashe
    Pawnee
    Yea it's back to doing nothing again...won't load anything. So going to redo it all again....ONE MORE TIME. I really need Adam to get online to look at what is happening! I have heard he can do that

11. Niloc

Niloc Active Member

Oct 14, 2014
    Haral Luhhan
    Nilok
    Martin Longbow
    Well, made another video for Youtube. It is a full install on my wife's laptop. Sorry for the audio quality, but if you listen closely you can hear my kid calling for me.

2 people like this.
  12. Shortaxe

Shortaxe Member

Mar 24, 2013
    I updated my launcher and now every time i log in my client crashes? please help there about to open housing on the islands!!!!

2 people like this.
  13. hubcap

hubcap Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2014
    I'll be waiting until all the apparent bugs are worked out of this new launcher until I download it.

From the headaches coming from people that sound like PC wizards, I KNOW my chances are low in getting it to work.

Im patient. Looks like a great launcher.....I just don't wanna be crashing my machine and having to do a total uninstall/re-install.

Let us know when
    the wrinkles are ironed out.

-cap

14. Niloc

Niloc Active Member

Oct 14, 2014
    Haral Luhhan
    Nilok
    Martin Longbow
    Shortaxe, did you click on options and make sure all the program paths are correct?

15. Alucard

Alucard Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Adam, or those who know - pls HELP! ;)
    Yesterday, for the first time it appeared the following error
    [​IMG]

I did not changed the settings, it might have happened with the server?
    then i updated the UOF Launcher - but the result is the same - horrible LAGS! :(

TODAY - FIXED, thanks )

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
  16. eazye

eazye New Member

May 19, 2015
    where do i change the server info on the connecting page

i dled the game but i lose connection whenever it launches

17. Bruno D

Bruno D Well-Known Member

May 10, 2013
    I am also unable to get the new launcher to work on windows 7. Any help would be appreciated very much, thank you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Nasak

Nasak Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2014
    the most recent update of the UOF launcher wont overwrite my statics files

19. P0sie

P0sie Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Posie
    2 people like this.
  20. Alucard