un-randomize explosion spell timer

besttherewas

Grandmaster
I prob won't be far behind... Havn't even talked or seen a staff, but I've been on the shard 2-3 days brought 20-30 "sallos" players with me and about half have been threatened or have been banned.
It's sad that you only play because of sallos.

this alone is enough to show even a kid with downs that it offers a superior advantage in pvp.

tbh I wish all the assist programs were more limited - no sync macros, sys msgs for stun, target macros etc.

I dont even use tree hack, because I like to play a traditional game called ULTIMA ONLINE, not gimped out macro client online.

K A Z

Grandmaster
You get stunned by 3 mages who are loaded, you're gonna have a bad time....

pls fix armor, it's way too gimped. 7hp Vanq blows are no joke, and even war hammers feel weak vs barbed ar. Maybe also increase exp pot damage as mentioned? You could do a minor tweak to say 20min 25 max. I feel players here almost never solo given the crap damage output on solo play, instead they call their friends and para/stun gank with target macros - woo!

stun exp eb gankers appear to be the most viable template. Change it up as per above so we see more than just a pod of mages stunning and casting explode and ebolt 10,000 times over.

imo there has been a stealth nerf somewhere in the last 5 months anyways.. explo pot dmg at GM alchy is now _16_-21... shud be 18-23 IMO.

BaseJ

Neophyte
It's sad that you only play because of sallos.

this alone is enough to show even a kid with downs that it offers a superior advantage in pvp.

tbh I wish all the assist programs were more limited - no sync macros, sys msgs for stun, target macros etc.

I dont even use tree hack, because I like to play a traditional game called ULTIMA ONLINE, not gimped out macro client online.

I know you haven't used sallos just from your arguements, but I don't really want to start an argument.

I personally use it for the sticky health bars & smooth graphics. (Can actually see purples and eb the whole way.)

I am not going to lie Sallos was built for Pvp, its like a fighter jet there is no cup-holder, leather seats, or TV in the dash. It's a raw client with very little capabilities. Personally the reason in my mind why razor & steam users can't keep up is because they are using macros to pvp while the Sallos user cannot. Kind of like a human vs. bot situation. Anyone who is use to razor & steam would/will be absolutely mortified at how little the Sallos client has the ability to do in terms of automation, if they were ever to play it....

K A Z

Grandmaster
I know you haven't used sallos just from your arguements, but I don't really want to start an argument.

I personally use it for the sticky health bars & smooth graphics. (Can actually see purples and eb the whole way.)

I am not going to lie Sallos was built for Pvp, its like a fighter jet there is no cup-holder, leather seats, or TV in the dash. It's a raw client with very little capabilities. Personally the reason in my mind why razor & steam users can't keep up is because they are using macros to pvp while the Sallos user cannot. Kind of like a human vs. bot situation. Anyone who is use to razor & steam would/will be absolutely mortified at how little the Sallos client has the ability to do in terms of automation, if they were ever to play it....

this. Sallos is a joke when it comes to macros/"automated pvp".

Staff

Young Player Help
You get stunned by 3 mages who are loaded, you're gonna have a bad time....

pls fix armor, it's way too gimped. 7hp Vanq blows are no joke, and even war hammers feel weak vs barbed ar. Maybe also increase exp pot damage as mentioned? You could do a minor tweak to say 20min 25 max. I feel players here almost never solo given the crap damage output on solo play, instead they call their friends and para/stun gank with target macros - woo!

stun exp eb gankers appear to be the most viable template. Change it up as per above so we see more than just a pod of mages stunning and casting explode and ebolt 10,000 times over.

Get me some numbers from other shards or else I will assume you are looking through rose tinted glasses. I know the numbers here and I don't think it is UP. The damage formulas are nearly 100% OSI UOR era accurate.

Staff

Young Player Help
I prob won't be far behind... Havn't even talked or seen a staff, but I've been on the shard 2-3 days brought 20-30 "sallos" players with me and about half have been threatened or have been banned.

I somehow doubt anyone has been threatened. The only reason aga was banned in the first place was because of several offensive pages he made. An example: http://i.gyazo.com/ebb24601eebe46646bd967a91c310a83.png

That is why he was banned. We had 3 similar pages. However, being the nice guys that were are, we unbanned him right away after he apologized and have decided to change the cannons. Had he just pmed me and not been a dick, cannons would have been changed and there would have been a much more positive outcome all around.

While I think the random timer on explosion neuters the mages #1 pvp mechanic, Shane seems to think otherwise. IF you want it changed, I suggest making a poll to find out what the general opinion on the mechanic. Shane responds well to popular opinion regarding these subjects.

Generally the things that will get you banned on UOF are:

1) AFK resource gathering
2) AFK taming
3) Insulting staff

We have a lot of trolls around still that can attest to this. I can only assume if some of your friends were banned, they must have paged in with something akin to what aga paged in with. We have been the #1 shard for 2 years now with this no guff attitude. So, I am sure if you and your sallos players leave, we will still get by. I will be sad to see you go but we have survived much worse and will continue to do so. You don't need to make up things like you have been threatened or banned with no backstory. State what your friends did to deserve such treatment by staff first instead of making baseless accusations.

Last edited by a moderator:

BaseJ

Neophyte
I don't doubt aga was abusive in GM pages hes pretty notorious for that...

I do also have friends who paged in and got previous accounts unbanned instantly... So I can probably attribute to reputation, more than anything.

So with a proclaimed more tolerant policy towards the players, plus Sallos, everyone is very excited to come pvp over here!

The random explosion timer I'm neutral on but leaning towards either a much smaller gap in the random timer or getting rid of it all together, but it won't really matter to me or most people either way.

BaseJ

Neophyte
Well since you wanted to call me out, he boxed himself on an island in shame.. And was told if his account wasn't 2 days old he would of been banned for possibly trapping ghosts.

besttherewas

Grandmaster

I include stuff like messages telling stunned players etc and easier automated targeting as macros.

you use sallos because it is better for pvp, period. If it wasn't then you'd be on razor. Dont get me wrong, razor can automate shit, which im against, but for pvp sallos wins.

oh how I miss the sallos recall map stun bola ganks on uoforever...

BaseJ

Neophyte
I had no idea what aga was banned for nor did I care. I really wasn't trying to stick up for him, hes not even in my crew.

The only point I was making was I don't think were gonna make it... we will keep our mouths shut and heads down for as long as we can.
But we probably got to much testosterone pumping through our veins to make it long term...

K A Z

Grandmaster
I include stuff like messages telling stunned players etc and easier automated targeting as macros.

you use sallos because it is better for pvp, period. If it wasn't then you'd be on razor.

thats disabled on uof (as it is for steam)...

and @BaseJ just behave like normal human beings and dont insult the admins.. then you'll be safe (might be banned from the forumz or irc for being too much of a troll, tho).