UNKNOWN FACET 5 FATAL ERROR

Enochian

Apprentice
Hi I just tried to go through one of those flaming portals and my client shut iff. I try and log in with the char and it freezes when I try to login and I ghet a message that says fatal unknown facet 5!!!

Help!!

Alan

Apprentice
This is a result of using an older client version--most likely the UOSA client. The issue is that the older client doesn't have some of the map files used in the RDAs.

You CAN actually have more than 1 client version on your computer at one time and interchange between them as needed (e.g. a UOSA client and UOForever client). I would go to the uoforever downloads page and download the full client (don't choose the updater) and install it--this installs the uo client in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic
or on a 32-bit version of windows
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic

In the Razor startup screen you can choose which client to start with by navigating to that folder and selecting the client.exe file there and for the client files, just navigating to and selecting that folder itself. I believe the UOSA client is located here (in case you want to use that client at some point) if installed using their installer:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ultima Online
or on a 32-bit version of windows
C:\Program Files\Ultima Online

Let me know if you still have issues.