Unlocking a paragon chest

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
Yep. I know on OSI you could do the lowest level chests with the spell Unlock, but I'm not sure if it's like that here

amonseti

Grandmaster
Wait you actually got a paragon chest ?? I have been keeping track im currently at 123 consecutive paragon kills with no chest .

Bunnky

Grandmaster
Wait you actually got a paragon chest ?? I have been keeping track im currently at 123 consecutive paragon kills with no chest .
Wow. Guess that makes paragon statues uber rares huh? I also am seeing a serious decrease in chest drops.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I'm getting like 1/4 1/5 paragon chests lately, which is well above the alleged 15% drop rate.

I have had my cold streaks too, but what can I say? The game likes me :)

flipt

Grandmaster
you can unlock low level chests with the unlock spell or have a mob or npc run through it and it breaks the chest open

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
I would just keep a lockpicker character. I've never had a problem opening paragon chests with 95 skill, which you can train with tinker boxes, so you don't even have to GM.

amonseti

Grandmaster
I would just keep a lockpicker character. I've never had a problem opening paragon chests with 95 skill, which you can train with tinker boxes, so you don't even have to GM.
you do need a gm lockpicker to open level 6+ paragon chests (obtained from titans, balrons, ancient lichs, Gblood eleys, etc)

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
Ahhhh, didn't know that. At least SS are only like 50k now for those last 5 points, as opposed to....not existing before.

SaladinX

Grandmaster
Ok, So I just did lockpicking up to 95 (in like what? 1.5 hrs? or less...)

Now how do I get to 100 lol

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
You have to use locked chests in dungeons. I think the vendor shop at Occlo Bank has 2 runebooks for this, and at Gankware LLC in north Moonglow, I believe he has runebooks too.

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
Yeah, it takes a bit to raise. It's known as one of the hardest 3 skills to raise (taming, poisoning, lockpicking). Mine went up pretty steadily from doing tmaps (oh yeah, I guess tmap chests raise it too), but if you are really racing to GM it you'd be better off farming gold for a few days then buying the SS's.

asics

Grandmaster
no, is not the only way, you can put it DOWN, and some mob will run over it, it will be destroyed, and all the loot will be on floor, at least few months ago it worked..but you lose the chest..

btw only white chest have a little market 5-10k, other are pretty nice , but you will never sell :)

asics

Grandmaster
btw you will get 95 in few hours with a macro afk... then if you want open six level chest..you need a gm lockpiker..that is 200k (5 scroll at 40 each) or a lot of time working on it :)

Nanashi

Grandmaster
I've found that lvling up lockpick was quite easy, I can remark my books that I've created and resell. I'd recommend gaining these skills temporarily (Stealth,Hiding,Magery and meditation) in order to constantly recall to the next spot.I lvled up to gm from 95 in about 2-3 hour game time per day in about 3 days to GM. Gains where definitely slow but I think the more you fail, the better.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yeah but you also have to compete for those dungeon chests.

I just farmed up a couple scrolls and bought a couple. The loot you get from the dungeon chests is kinda meh except for the ones in Khaldun, but finding chests that haven't been picked already is a challenge.

Getting the .3-.4 or whatever you need to get to the next highest whole pt only takes an hr or so. Buy SS from there and you'll pay for them in just a few lvl 6 chests.

SaladinX

Grandmaster
Haha, I love the mob breaking the chest option. II'll just use that from now. Got an ogre that breaks it for me near my house :D