Unnerf Meta Talisman xp gain

Sparty

Neophyte
Please revert meta talisman xp to the same levels it was at before double xp.

Currently one Ogre Lord = about 120 xp
during double xp Ogre Lord = about 400xp
before double xp Ogre lord = about 200xp

under the old xp it would take approximately 3620 OLs from 0 to Max
under the new xp it is about 6034

The talismans are already exceptionally grindy even compared to taming. Many people have also exploited or macroed them up before changes were made, so this hurts new players that are interested in the talismans the most. Please consider reverting this change.

Spatchel

Master
Sounds like you do more damage with your levelled talisman, this is not factored into your score. Do less damage per hit and you will get better gains.

Sparty

Neophyte
First that would be crazy change in xp for just the one level I gained on my zerker in that time... a 40% difference from level 5-6 I can't believe that is intended. Second my mage tali that I tested on was lvl 5 the whole time and not using slayers and I have no relics the RNG should not play that big of a roll.

Grish'nak

Master
There has definitely been a change - im midway through lv7 and I have seen the change within that particular level. I was told by @eppy that there was no deliberate change but I am clearly not the only one seeing a difference in numbers since double loot weekend!

Lexington

Grandmaster
There has definitely been a change - im midway through lv7 and I have seen the change within that particular level. I was told by @eppy that there was no deliberate change but I am clearly not the only one seeing a difference in numbers since double loot weekend!

Did eppy check the current settings to see if it was right?

Grish'nak

Master
He just said there hadn't been a change. But that doesn't explain how everyone is getting less gains

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Lexington

Grandmaster
I know he commented that the staff had a few ideas around a power hour type option for the talismans... hopefully this is being looked it.

Sparty

Neophyte
I could believe that there was no intentional change, maybe it was a misplaced decimal point or transposed number somewhere in the code when they put in the last update or ended double xp. But all the evidence suggest that a change has indeed occurred and from the other replies I've read about this I'm not the only one who has come to this conclusion.

Sparty

Neophyte
Powerhour is honestly a horrible idea. It push people to a more casual play style where they will only be on that character when the gains are "good". I'd rather just have reasonable gains the whole way.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Powerhour is honestly a horrible idea. It push people to a more casual play style where they will only be on that character when the gains are "good". I'd rather just have reasonable gains the whole way.

That's the whole point... grind the character when the gains are good... when they aren't PLAY the GAME :p

The power could help the casual players be a wee bit more competitive with your 24/7 players.

Sparty

Neophyte
Yes but if they are casual already they may not have time to "play the game" and not grind. If something like this was to be implemented I think it should be event style like double xp weekend was were it is server wide and promotes interaction. Old powerhour on OSI sucked you would be out pvping or at an IDOC and then have to stop because hey it's power hour gotta go get my gains, or you would have to try and plan your whole day and playtime around it making sure you took care of powerhour before you did other stuff.

Also before implementing anything I think they should fix whatever the current issue with xp is first. Because powerhour once a day will not make up for a 40% xp loss.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Yes but if they are casual already they may not have time to "play the game" and not grind. If something like this was to be implemented I think it should be event style like double xp weekend was were it is server wide and promotes interaction. Old powerhour on OSI sucked you would be out pvping or at an IDOC and then have to stop because hey it's power hour gotta go get my gains, or you would have to try and plan your whole day and playtime around it making sure you took care of powerhour before you did other stuff.

Also before implementing anything I think they should fix whatever the current issue with xp is first. Because powerhour once a day will not make up for a 40% xp loss.

You would stop doing something fun in the game to Power Hour?

I agree... fix current system if it's broke first :)

Grish'nak

Master
Hopefully they will discover the error. Or at least say nothing is changing and I'll not keep testing my dexxer to see if it's better!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

HombreSauce

Journeyman

Only reason I made my tamer was because of double xp weekend.

A weekly power hour where you gain 0.5% faster, would be amazing too. Doesn't have to be much, just enough to make a difference.

severus

Grandmaster
Please revert meta talisman xp to the same levels it was at before double xp.

Currently one Ogre Lord = about 120 xp
during double xp Ogre Lord = about 400xp
before double xp Ogre lord = about 200xp

under the old xp it would take approximately 3620 OLs from 0 to Max
under the new xp it is about 6034

The talismans are already exceptionally grindy even compared to taming. Many people have also exploited or macroed them up before changes were made, so this hurts new players that are interested in the talismans the most. Please consider reverting this change.
I already spoke to eppy about this and he says nothing was changed and the xp gain is the same now as before double xp.. it is very low, most OL give me about 102

Spatchel

Master
Just do me a favor, try killing OL's with a standard run of the mill non slayer weapon. Do this 10 times recording the change of exp in a spreadsheet. Now kill 10 more with a slayer weapon doing the same as above. I GUARANTY you will get better gains without the slayer weapon.
Now try killing one with a butcher knife, i bet gains will be even higher.

The thing is, which people fail to realize, is that relics/talisman bonuses are not factored into the exp you gain from killing. The more damage you do via talisman and any damage from a relic is not factored in! If its gains you worry about, reset your talisman (unequip/equip) and then go fight and get max gains.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Only reason I made my tamer was because of double xp weekend.

A weekly power hour where you gain 0.5% faster, would be amazing too. Doesn't have to be much, just enough to make a difference.

Unfortunately you'll never see this now that they came out with the perk items... to bad we couldn't have both.