UOF Purge - Storage Wars 2017

Sparhawk

Grandmaster
With the upcoming old account purge this year, there could be a unique opportunity to try a Forever Auction instead of the usual Forever Raffles, Storage Wars style.

Say there are (2000) accounts that have not been active since the'14 cutoff. Former players and parts of the grand story that is the evolution of Ultima Online Forever. Having stored their possessions in the community banking system and then moving on, the banks have claimed their account balances to offset storage costs, and now seek to liquidate these recepticals of trash and treasure.

Basic idea would be something like this:

Rather than a single winner, this proposed auction would make every entrant winners.
A single ticket, of the usual 1kdono/ gold conversion would give the ticket holder 1 storage lot (account or individual char bank stored items depending on numbers) transferred to the winners bank account, much the same as a falling vendor can jam in above the 125 limit. Or, a token system, each lot won giving a token redeemable somehow. There may be a collection of might daggers in your lot, or 40 yards of vesper cloth. In that regard it would still retain the lotto element. The only certainty is each lot will tell a unique story, and through their passing hands to the current community, evidence of each of these fallen members will pass on, with the more interesting no doubt surfacing.

Beyond the initial, 1lot per entrant matchup, incentive would be given to buy further tickets by way of the balance being divided up further. Say 1000/2000 lots were initially divided among 1000 entrants. A further 10,000 tickets were purchased in total on the auction. The remaining lots would be divided into the total ticket sales, so for every further 10 tickets you the individual bought(using the above round number example), you would recieve 1 further lot.

In this manner the storage war auctions would act as a mammoth blind gold sink, with cashed up participants gambling their gold hoarde on the chance they get that lot loaded with priceless Rares and not the one with 60 half used sewing kits.

Pro's
Large gold sink
Wealth of stories will surface
Massive marketplace boost
Cool af

Con's
May be hard to implement
May reduce the gains to save time predicted by complete deletes.
Other boring reasons

Personally this is a gold sink I'd happily drop my bank balance into. Thoughts?
@Shane

Ranker

Master
I have come to the reality I won't get much from any of the IDOC's, So anything I do get is gravy lol

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I really like this idea - if only because I'm new to Forever, and I already feel like I've missed so much of the rich history here. The idea of all those stories, just disappearing without ever being told. While these would be open to interpretation, i think it could be a lot of fun.

I'm sure this is a pipe dream that'd be super hard to implement.