UOForever's Companion System

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
UOForever's Companion System

UOForever's Companion System is designed to assist new players with getting started, and is also a lot of fun for our volunteer Companions! Companions are regular players and can therefore hunt with and accompany a young player on their new adventures.

Companions abilities and expectations:
  • Companions will receive an overhead message whenever a Young player logs in.
  • Companions can talk to each other and young players in game using [C command. Young players can also use this chat to ask questions and/or request help.
  • They will gain access to the "[young" command which gives a list of all young players currently online and when they were last helped by a Companion. When they select a young player from the list, it teleports the Companion to that young player if: (1) the young is not alive and is not in a house or boat or (2) the young player has not already been helped by a Companion in the last minute (this delay does not exist if the young player is dead).
  • The ability to enter "The Defiled Crypt", a unique Young Player dungeon located within Britain.
  • When a young player dies, all online Companions will automatically receive a message letting them know (so they can potentially teleport in and help them if desired)
  • When a young player is murdered, all online Companions will automatically receive a message letting them know who murdered them. They can then teleport to that young in order to avenge them, and/or offer a res. This teleportation is only usable when the Companion is not in combat with another player.
  • Companions will receive access to our Elder Hall and Companion Help Center, which is the building located directly northeast of West Brit main bank.
  • Companions should also keep an eye on Discord in the #helpimnew chat to answer questions there when they can.
  • Companions are just players and are welcome to play the game as they enjoy. However, PKing of new players is frowned upon and could result in being removed as a Companion.
  • A Companion should not PK or steal while on their Companion character.
How do I become a Companion?
A. Post a reply in this thread indicating how long you have been on UOForever and why you would make a good Companion, and I and the staff will review your qualifications to decide on who will be offered the position.

We have a limited number of Companions so a response may take a while. You can also PM me on Discord at Skye/Jade#4604.

More information on the UO Forever Young Player program is available on the UOF Wiki.

If you have any suggestions or comments please feel free to PM me here or on Discord.

Decreamos

Grandmaster
I tried this already. Have no clue why I wasn't picked since I've been here since week 1 and love helping people. Must be one of those "it's who you know" type of things.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
I tried this already. Have no clue why I wasn't picked since I've been here since week 1 and love helping people. Must be one of those "it's who you know" type of things.
There can be multiple reasons why one is not chosen from having a full list of applicants already to parts of your history on UOF. With that said we try to let this be ran by players for players.

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
The former post hadn't been updated since 2019. I just took over about six months ago. We also limit the number of companions to about 10-12 and it's not a high turnover. Keep in mind, you don't need a title in your name to help new people!