UOS TARGET HELP!

severus

Grandmaster
Recently my targeting has been all messed up, ive been thinking its because I changed last target hotkey but ive just realized today, IF I have a spell loaded, and use 'set last target' the cursor for my spell is still there, but when I press LT the cursor vanishes but the spell does not drop just sort of cancels,

if I 'set a last target' before I have a spell up LT works fine, ive always used Set last while loaded with no problems until a few days ago..?

@Adam @Shane

Last edited by a moderator:

halygon

Grandmaster
I have five targeting keys for my UOS setup, which seems to work great.

• Last Target (target! 'last')
  • Target Self (target! 'self')
  • Target Enemies (reds, OJs, greys)
  • Target Friends
  • Set Last target (setalias 'last')
Target enemies/friends, I don't actually use "closest" or "nearest", but instead I let it cycle through the available targets on the screen. If I need to target someone particular fast, I use my set last target key and target them with the cursor. Within UOS, if you put someone on your friends list(or party), you cannot target them when you do a find enemy command so you don't need to worry about them there.

I know some folks prefer to have target closest/nearest on their target enemies and target friends keys, which is fine - let your own play style determine this.

As to your issue, more than likely what is happening is that you are not correctly setting last target so when you drop your spell on last target, it is not actually targeting anything at all (technically its trying to target whatever was your last last target) but attempts to. Set that last target before you start trying to drop spells.

severus

Grandmaster
I have five targeting keys for my UOS setup, which seems to work great.

• Last Target (target! 'last')
  • Target Self (target! 'self')
  • Target Enemies (reds, OJs, greys)
  • Target Friends
  • Set Last target (setalias 'last')
Target enemies/friends, I don't actually use "closest" or "nearest", but instead I let it cycle through the available targets on the screen. If I need to target someone particular fast, I use my set last target key and target them with the cursor. Within UOS, if you put someone on your friends list(or party), you cannot target them when you do a find enemy command so you don't need to worry about them there.

I know some folks prefer to have target closest/nearest on their target enemies and target friends keys, which is fine - let your own play style determine this.

As to your issue, more than likely what is happening is that you are not correctly setting last target so when you drop your spell on last target, it is not actually targeting anything at all (technically its trying to target whatever was your last last target) but attempts to. Set that last target before you start trying to drop spells.
thanks for the response mate, yeah my situation is weird 'set last' does work and it does make a new target, but if I currently have a spell up it just wont allow me to drop the last target, if im in middle of casting and use set last/use set last before casting then load a spell I can last target on that person fine, its never been like this.. almost as if set last cursor overrides my spell :/

halygon

Grandmaster
thanks for the response mate, yeah my situation is weird 'set last' does work and it does make a new target, but if I currently have a spell up it just wont allow me to drop the last target, if im in middle of casting and use set last/use set last before casting then load a spell I can last target on that person fine, its never been like this.. almost as if set last cursor overrides my spell :/
I think your issue is that you are trying to use set last target after casting a spell, which you just can't do. Set last target brings up a cursor (as you know), which is definitely breaking things for ya. Just always set the target before you cast, otherwise you need to start using findenemy more than set last target.

severus

Grandmaster
I think your issue is that you are trying to use set last target after casting a spell, which you just can't do. Set last target brings up a cursor (as you know), which is definitely breaking things for ya. Just always set the target before you cast, otherwise you need to start using findenemy more than set last target.
It used to allow me to set last targets while a spell is casted, also im told its possible on sallos, it seems after I wiped my pc, im not able to find a proper uosteam that can be updated etc, it just 'checks' and sticks there, or says timed out :/

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
Recently my targeting has been all messed up, ive been thinking its because I changed last target hotkey but ive just realized today, IF I have a spell loaded, and use 'set last target' the cursor for my spell is still there, but when I press LT the cursor vanishes but the spell does not drop just sort of cancels,

if I 'set a last target' before I have a spell up LT works fine, ive always used Set last while loaded with no problems until a few days ago..?

@Adam @Shane

Were you ever able to find a fix for this? I can't imagine that this is something Steam wouldn't be able to handle, yet I can't figure it out for the life of me.