Vet rewards

Cash is King

Grandmaster
This topic has been discussed before a few times over the last couple of years so I don't need to go into details but want to yet again re-hash this point as many people would like something to be implemented.

There are many of us who've been here since early on in the shard's life and it'd be nice to get something worthwhile for the years of support. Either by account age or by gameplay time, some form of good vet rewards would be nice.

Unique hairstyles and hues for vets only (non-transferable)
One piece unique vet hue clothing of your choice (a cool hue like 1174)
Usable ankh for your house
Account-/player-bound unique vet reward mount

There are dozens of options to consider with the goal of making the player stand out for their long-term support. This should not require minimal work/time so I don't know why it can't be implemented and hope it's considered!

halygon

Grandmaster
Vet rewards are on our list of wants to implement. We have a couple of prerequisites before setting them up though -- we want to reward those that have actually played, not just those that created accounts a long time ago. I think what burns Shane the most is that people have created accounts for the pure reason to farm vet rewards - one of the reasons why they are no longer around.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
how do you distinguish play time? the number of people who literally just bank sit, for days on end - but not actually playing is surprising to say the least.. I mean in theory my gate character, Whiskey Walt probably has far more "play time" than my main, Avalon Alduin, because he gates all day long, while I only play 2-3 hours a night.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Same concerns every time. I think some sort of combination of pre-requisites should be met. Not just account was created X days ago or account has X logged hours, factor them both. Not sure what else you can do by the numbers anyway.

I'm never gonna advocate for too much in the way of numbers-based vet rewards though. Another ethy dye or title/title hue I'm all for I guess.

halygon

Grandmaster
how do you distinguish play time? the number of people who literally just bank sit, for days on end - but not actually playing is surprising to say the least.. I mean in theory my gate character, Whiskey Walt probably has far more "play time" than my main, Avalon Alduin, because he gates all day long, while I only play 2-3 hours a night.
The only way we can measure it is by logged in time. Account age is clearly out of the question.

lollo

Grandmaster
The only way we can measure it is by logged in time. Account age is clearly out of the question.

That's BS

you should use both. Something like account age AND minimum of N hours logged.

My accounts are from mid 2014 and I have enough hours for them to not be qualified as "dummy" accounts made to farm vet rewards. But still, if I made an account today and left my chars on 24/7 for 3-4 months I'd have more "play" (lol) time than on my main account.

Some people are/have been dedicated to this server even if they don't have time to play 6 hours every day (or leave their chars logged while at work, which is stupid)

SidX

Grandmaster
IMO the only way to implement vet rewards is by factoring in BOTH playtime and account age. Like @lollo said, someone who has played here for four (4) years for five (5) hours per week would accumulate 1,040 hours of playtime (52 weeks in a year * 5 hours per week * 4 years).

However, if only considering playtime hours, someone who makes an alt to gate to a vendor shop 24/7 would essentially reach the same amount of 'playtime' after just about 43 days.

Suggested method:

Six Month Veteran Reward:

- 45 hours of playtime (15 mins per day avg. for 180 days)
- 180 days of account age
- At least one character with 700 skill points

1st Year Veteran Reward:

- 90 hours of playtime (~15 mins per day of playtime avg.)
- 365 days of account age
- 1,400+ skill points among all characters

2nd Year Veteran Reward:

- 180 hours of playtime (~15 mins per day of playtime avg.)
- 730 days of account age
- 2,100 skill points among all characters

3rd Year Veteran Reward:

- 270 hours of playtime (~15 mins pper day of playtime avg.)
- 1,095 days of account age
- 2,100 skill points among all characters

...and so on. This method rewards you for account age but has the requirement that you play an average of 15mins per day and also that you invest actual skill gain time into the server.

I believe in yearly vet rewards but also one lesser (6 month) to entice new players to stick around without too much intimidation.

halygon

Grandmaster
That's BS

you should use both. Something like account age AND minimum of N hours logged.

My accounts are from mid 2014 and I have enough hours for them to not be qualified as "dummy" accounts made to farm vet rewards. But still, if I made an account today and left my chars on 24/7 for 3-4 months I'd have more "play" (lol) time than on my main account.

Some people are/have been dedicated to this server even if they don't have time to play 6 hours every day (or leave their chars logged while at work, which is stupid)
You are right we could use both, but I meant that we couldn't base it only on account age.

Cash is King

Grandmaster
I agree with age/play time uoforever which could be something like this:

Tier 1 vet rewards: minimum 1 year age, 100 days account play time.
Tier 2 vet rewards: minimum 2 year age, 250 days account play time.
Tier 3 vet rewards: minimum 3 year age, 400 days account play time.
Tier 4 vet rewards: minimum 4 year age, 650 days account play time.

This way it scales up and requires people who are active to be rewarded. So even when someone has hit the 4 year mark, if they haven't played very much or quit for 3 years they won't be near the 600 days play time for Tier 4 vet rewards. They may not even have 200 days of account play time yet so can't even get Tier 2 yet.

The point being that those who play frequently and contribute to the community are rewarded.

@halygon hopefully you can take this to Shane/others to consider. The 5 year anniversary is coming up which would be a great time to launch a vet reward system.

lollo

Grandmaster
I agree with age/play time uoforever which could be something like this:

Tier 1 vet rewards: minimum 1 year age, 100 days account play time.
Tier 2 vet rewards: minimum 2 year age, 250 days account play time.
Tier 3 vet rewards: minimum 3 year age, 400 days account play time.
Tier 4 vet rewards: minimum 4 year age, 650 days account play time.

This way it scales up and requires people who are active to be rewarded. So even when someone has hit the 4 year mark, if they haven't played very much or quit for 3 years they won't be near the 600 days play time for Tier 4 vet rewards. They may not even have 200 days of account play time yet so can't even get Tier 2 yet.

The point being that those who play frequently and contribute to the community are rewarded.

@halygon hopefully you can take this to Shane/others to consider. The 5 year anniversary is coming up which would be a great time to launch a vet reward system.

The play time requirements are way too high lol

Cash is King

Grandmaster
Hmm really? Well the staff can figure that out. My 4.5 year account is 804 days play time. But I do leave uo open a lot. Maybe I'm the exception.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Vet rewards should be 100% account age only but should ALL be account bound. This way you reward dedicated long term players and dummy accounts provide no benefit and have no effect on economy.

lollo

Grandmaster
Hmm really? Well the staff can figure that out. My 4.5 year account is 804 days play time. But I do leave uo open a lot. Maybe I'm the exception.

Well if you play an average of 2 hours EVERY SINGLE DAY (365 days a year) you will only have 30,4 days of playtime after one year. You have to play on average more than 6 hours a day to have 100 days of playtime a year. That's fucked up beyond belief

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Year 1 - 705 skill cap all chars
Year 2 - 710
Year 3 - 715
Year 4 - 720

This takes care of pretty much everyone keeps it account bound. Will have a small effect on scroll value but spiders have also driven those way up. Does not give veterans something that is otherwise unachievable.
Beyond that keep things account bound and you reward those who stay with uof and don't encourage creating mass accounts to sell rewards.

Cash is King

Grandmaster
I like the idea of account-bound but that would limit us to only clothing or mounts. There's already too many colored spell books out there and not much else that could be account-bound and worthwhile that I can think of. Not that it's a bad thing. Maybe just one mount option based on the tier and a few clothing options of special hues for each tier as well?

Godsrage

Grandmaster
what i like to seen done is turn on the conquests points there so many cool rewards form all the fish i have done to to find out that conquests points it turn off is a wast of my time