Welcome back, to me, to UO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alana

Apprentice
Hello all!

I am Alana, I played Ultima Online back when, way back when. I got that itch when I saw my friend playing the other day at a lan party. He had a house and was decorating it and such, and I was like WHOA that many people play still as he recalled to Brit bank.

He told me it was a private server called UOForever. Well I had to check it out and low and behold, wow Brit bank is hoppin!

So I am glad to re-start my UO journey on this server. I hope to meet you all in my travels unless you are red haha. In that case I shall hand over my items kindly in return for safe passage.

I am looking for a possible guild to join to make those encounters less intense and any help with what the hell I am doing again would be greatly appreciated. I used to be a Mage Tamer but I think I am going to try something new this time, but with magery of course. Although of course I pick the profession that costs the most money to level up haha. I can't remember where to get reagents when you have no money, would be very open to any ideas on where they drop.

Thank you again for hosting such an awesome server and look forward to playing with you all!
yye7e07.jpg

ftlJ97F.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

stunoma.

Grandmaster
If you aren't making a tamer and want magery. I'd make a provo Mage. They are pretty fun and can make you a lot of money if you know where to farm.

Alana

Apprentice
If you aren't making a tamer and want magery. I'd make a provo Mage. They are pretty fun and can make you a lot of money if you know where to farm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will try that for sure! :) Yeah just not into taming as much as I used to be. I like controlling my own actions not pets actions.

stunoma.

Grandmaster
I will try that for sure! :) Yeah just not into taming as much as I used to be. I like controlling my own actions not pets actions.

Id say join trin. Some cool peeps. I could help you out with your Provo if you want. I know a bunch of spots to farm and how to gm it easy. What's your friends name in game? I'm sure he could lend you a hand as well

Skype - stunoma

Peav

Grandmaster
Id say join trin. Some cool peeps. I could help you out with your Provo if you want. I know a bunch of spots to farm and how to gm it easy. What's your friends name in game? I'm sure he could lend you a hand as well

Skype - stunoma

you're mia for months and months but asap a girl appears on forums you hottie provide her with tips.
you dirty alpha.

stunoma.

Grandmaster
you're mia for months and months but asap a girl appears on forums you hottie provide her with tips.
you dirty alpha.

Hahaha so true. I actually started playing after you hit me up. Think I'm going to stream my 1337 cheetz on twitch.

Hit me up for some pvp if you are around.

Alana

Apprentice
I was actually thinking about making a crafter for furniture and such stuff. Is there a good economy for that here?

halygon

Grandmaster
I was actually thinking about making a crafter for furniture and such stuff. Is there a good economy for that here?
There is a small economy for that. Main reason it is not a big one is because most people just have their own crafter to make what they need. Some crafted goods always sell, like full spell books, slayer spell books, repair deeds, slayer weapons, Runebooks, or GM instruments. You can also make some money through Blacksmith/Tailor Bulk Order Deeds and their rewards.

There is a small market for stone crafted goods and glass blowing items also.

For the things that people cannot make on their own, it usually requires high levels (higher than GM) in skills, which means you need to spend money on power scrolls to get to where you need.

Provo, Treasure Hunting, and fishing are probably your best starting templates unless you want to grind and grind away at gathering resources to sell them (Ingots, Wood, etc).

Alana

Apprentice
There is a small economy for that. Main reason it is not a big one is because most people just have their own crafter to make what they need. Some crafted goods always sell, like full spell books, slayer spell books, repair deeds, slayer weapons, Runebooks, or GM instruments. You can also make some money through Blacksmith/Tailor Bulk Order Deeds and their rewards.

There is a small market for stone crafted goods and glass blowing items also.

For the things that people cannot make on their own, it usually requires high levels (higher than GM) in skills, which means you need to spend money on power scrolls to get to where you need.

Provo, Treasure Hunting, and fishing are probably your best starting templates unless you want to grind and grind away at gathering resources to sell them (Ingots, Wood, etc).

Ooo fishing and treasure hunting. Never did that. Might have to make a template for that. What is a good template to do them solo?

halygon

Grandmaster
Ooo fishing and treasure hunting. Never did that. Might have to make a template for that. What is a good template to do them solo?
Here are some templates (obviously there are many different ways to do it, but these will get you there):

T-Maps:
  1. Magery
  2. Meditation
  3. Resist
  4. Carto
  5. lockpicking
  6. Music
  7. Provo

For Fishing:
  1. Magery
  2. Resist
  3. Archery
  4. Tactics
  5. healing
  6. anatomy
  7. Fishing*
*When you need to move up to 120 fishing, just drop resist down to 80.

Deadpool

Grandmaster
I see all these helpful replies and scroll up to see a chick has posted. Wonder what the connection here is. You scumbags.

Anyway, hi I'm Wade.

Messremb

Grandmaster
My treasure hunter is also my fisher.

120 fishing
100 magery
100 music
100 provo
100 lock picking
70 cartography (no need for more ever)
80 meditation
50 hiding

Can solo fish, and solo up to level 4 maps. (You really want a tamer or more people for level 5 or 6 maps anyways)

Super easy to train all the skills, you will spend the most on regs to train magery

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Alana

Apprentice
It has been so long since I played I am having the time of my life. I have been PKed, scammed, given assistance by strangers when I get lost, talked to random people I run across, lost all my shit, done the death run a few hundred times already. It is all so nostalgic and heart wrenching all at once. This is why I loved UO. So glad to be here and so glad to have met so many nice people who tear my limbs apart :)

UO is one of a kind.

Modus

Master
Here are some templates (obviously there are many different ways to do it, but these will get you there):

T-Maps:
  1. Magery
  2. Meditation
  3. Resist
  4. Carto
  5. lockpicking
  6. Music
  7. Provo

For Fishing:
  1. Magery
  2. Resist
  3. Archery
  4. Tactics
  5. healing
  6. anatomy
  7. Fishing*
*When you need to move up to 120 fishing, just drop resist down to 80.

when you powerscroll a skill to 120 your maximum skill points is 720.

Status
Not open for further replies.