Well, I tried. So long.

The Marshal

Neophyte
I tried to come back and play but your launcher and installer is useless. Razor can't find UO and I'm done putting hours upon hours into trying to download and run a game. I guess it's time to let UO die for me.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
I tried to come back and play but your launcher and installer is useless. Razor can't find UO and I'm done putting hours upon hours into trying to download and run a game. I guess it's time to let UO die for me.

do you have IRC? you will get a much faster response from staff on there and mayb even pick up some real time assistance

The Marshal

Neophyte
Yeah, but I cant talk on the channel without the blessing of Shane or whatever. This is way too much hassel. I can see why people don't bother with free shards.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Yeah, but I cant talk on the channel without the blessing of Shane or whatever. This is way too much hassel. I can see why people don't bother with free shards.

nah you just need to do this

1) Make sure you're using the nickname you would like to register.
2) Type: /msg nickserv register YOURPASSWORD YOUREMAIL
(Example: /msg nickserv register chattingiscool [email protected])

it has nothing to do with shane its IRC u register with.

I hope you get it sorted UOF always welcome new players and returning vets and if you get in game and have any issue Pm me on IRC.

i am a companion and can help you get started.

The Marshal

Neophyte
I managed to resolve the issue. The installer for the launcher is indeed still broken. When I tried to use it, it made some conflicting folder that was causing issues with the OSI download i tried to implement after. After wiping everything twice, I used the OSI install first and it worked. My client is still inaccurate, but it's playable.

1. Locate the client on your computer. Search for "client" in your (C:) drive. Usually in the (C:)>ProgramFiles(x86)> folder somewhere so can search that folder for "client" in explorer. When you have located the file, right click it and select "Properties". Copy the the path after "Location". For instance mine is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic

2. Open razor and on the launcher window, paste the path of your client in the designated field.

If that doesnt work or have issues figuring it out, PM me.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
I managed to resolve the issue. The installer for the launcher is indeed still broken. When I tried to use it, it made some conflicting folder that was causing issues with the OSI download i tried to implement after. After wiping everything twice, I used the OSI install first and it worked. My client is still inaccurate, but it's playable.

its possible you can be sent these custom files by another player or mayb a staff member ill try talk to eppy later and see exactly what files it is you need to see all the custom content and ill try and post links to them here.

Welcome to UOF if you need anything ingame PM me on IRC

The Marshal

Neophyte
Thanks Malk. I actually played here before when the shard started. I was a player over on metro/retribution for a hot minute too. I have been on the road for a couple years now and havent been playing at all. I lost all my characters and quite a hefty sum of loot, including my houses. I was kind of hoping the characters and the contents of thier bank would still be intact, but cest la vei.