werkt vs TBA/COR War in Skara Brae

GreenB

Master
werkt vs. TBA/COR

A great player ran event organized by the leadership of both guilds.

Here are just a few screenshots of the fun we had.

Props to TBA/COR for coming out and fighting!

We look forward to doing it again.

Thanks all for coming.

(In the second one an EQMS red ran through at the wrong time, and the Minax Sheriff got guard whacked. LOL)

@StrawberryInYourFace @ProdigyOsi @Swayze @Shane @Salt Life

5L9kc6X.png

tXL8IMN.png

5KBxmvD.jpg

rgPUCCU.jpg

9FFjKEm.jpg

NAUqxXZ.jpg

KynUcN0.jpg

aPDWI8S.jpg

eLQhJNn.jpg

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
gg wp was fun wish we were a little more organized and had even teams from the start. i tried to record videos with CamStudio but I know nothing about this shit and the files were broken, probably due to such huge file size or something. anyway gg thanks to both GMs for putting it all together.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Both of your crews are more than large enough to PVP like this every night... only way to get better is to practice out in the field. Looks fun though

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Both of your crews are more than large enough to PVP like this every night... only way to get better is to practice out in the field. Looks fun though

It makes me wonder.... all these guys had so much fun.

I wonder if these guilds don't want to get into the pvp stuff cause its so obviously dramatic all over the forums and creates such hate non stop in and out of the game it seems.

No idea if that's why, but :
This was so much fun and I hope we can do another event again soon!

Was an awesome event. Thanks to all who participated!

We look forward to doing it again.

Clearly they enjoyed it a lot, so the question is why they don't PvP more often is what we got to ask them.
Is it because of the dramatics?
Is it because they aren't good enough (yet)?
Is it because other pvp guilds take pvp way too seriously, where as what they did here was more for fun, which fun was had?

I can't see it being about losing loot really since these guilds are pretty wealthy and all they would lose is pots + reagents.
Can your guilds (werkt, t b a ) answer some of these questions for me by chance to help me understand a bit better, i would really appreciate that.

I can say that awhile back when Gluttony was wanting everyone to PvP i told him that it goes both ways and that his guild should PvM as well as PvP if he wants PvMers to PvP. Now his guild loves PvMing just as much as PvPing, so maybe it can happen with you guys too, but for PvP.

It makes me wonder.... all these guys had so much fun.

I wonder if these guilds don't want to get into the pvp stuff cause its so obviously dramatic all over the forums and creates such hate non stop in and out of the game it seems.

No idea if that's why, but :

Clearly they enjoyed it a lot, so the question is why they don't PvP more often is what we got to ask them.
Is it because of the dramatics?
Is it because they aren't good enough (yet)?
Is it because other pvp guilds take pvp way too seriously, where as what they did here was more for fun, which fun was had?

I can't see it being about losing loot really since these guilds are pretty wealthy and all they would lose is pots + reagents.
Can your guilds (werkt, t b a ) answer some of these questions for me by chance to help me understand a bit better, i would really appreciate that.

I can say that awhile back when Gluttony was wanting everyone to PvP i told him that it goes both ways and that his guild should PvM as well as PvP if he wants PvMers to PvP. Now his guild loves PvMing just as much as PvPing, so maybe it can happen with you guys too, but for PvP.

I can't speak for the TBA/COR guilds, but will say that we indeed have a pvp side. We hunt down reds or come to aid members in need as well as run around on our reds. As our guild leader has said, we are still a pvm guild and he is correct. We love RDAs. we love champs. We create events for our guild so there is something new to do. On our down times, people love to just put some music on and hunt a bit or stock vendors.
Werkt loves all aspects of ultima and does not want to be just one thing.

Shane, your also right about the drama in pvp. Most of us don't care if we die, it's the choice we take to playing this server, but it seems like any step you take in any kind of pvp action, it gets blown up either on the forums or IRC. This is the only dramatic side to pvping.

We did this event as clean fun. We did not talk crap to the other guilds, there was no negativity before or after the event and at the end of the day, we go our separate ways with respect for one another and a chance to do another event someday.

I have to add though. Thank you EQMS for making a great ending to our event. :D

Swayze

Grandmaster
As one of the leaders of werkt I can comment. We are a PvM guild who is more then capable in PvP. We actually PvP more then you think but our definition of PvP is much different then others.

We will go in small groups to PK, small groups to go hunt reds, small groups to do some faction fighting... we almost do this every day. The difference is, when we win a fight... we don't make 3 threads on the forums telling people how we won and how many people we had in comparison to the other group, etc, etc.

So to answer your question about why we don't PvP: We do, but you don't hear about it because we have no interest in forum PvP.

I want to thank @StrawberryInYourFace @ProdigyOsi and @Salt Life for coordinating this event. Its likely the first of many to come.

Tharask

Grandmaster
I'm TBA and what I liked the most was the ground rules there was. No negativity was allowed and the robe system ( you couldn't attack if the opponent has no robe)It prevents the rez/kill and you could actually run between everyone, go refill and come back to war. Personnally, I will PVP if I get attacked, but for sure I'm not as good as some players from main PVP guild. The bashing in game and in the forum is also a big turn off. I don't see the point of it. Maybee we could just do a "who got the longuest pee server event "and then the bashing would stop after this (joking).

Shane you also have a point, too much "seriousness" takes out the fun. Small and ponctual events makes it so you don't get use to it and keep the fun alive, like most of the events the staff is bringing to us, that are not on daily basis.

Anyway, had lots of fun and looking forward to do this again and maybee add some variant ( Salt we could do this in the Yew prison next time and try to hold rooms, etc...) This is my opinion, I'm not representing the guild.

Chars: Hettar / Tharask / Elnadrylh / Belgarath / Vaij / Nahir / Elhour / Liehlo

SirLothar

Grandmaster
Looked like a great event, real shame I missed it due to the time difference, would have liked to try and take on some of the old crew ;) <3
Also liked the EQMS-style purple TBA went with, must have given some more incentive to werkt? =)

Young Star

Grandmaster
As one of the leaders of werkt I can comment. We are a PvM guild who is more then capable in PvP. We actually PvP more then you think but our definition of PvP is much different then others.

We will go in small groups to PK, small groups to go hunt reds, small groups to do some faction fighting... we almost do this every day. The difference is, when we win a fight... we don't make 3 threads on the forums telling people how we won and how many people we had in comparison to the other group, etc, etc.

So to answer your question about why we don't PvP: We do, but you don't hear about it because we have no interest in forum PvP.

I want to thank @StrawberryInYourFace @ProdigyOsi and @Salt Life for coordinating this event. Its likely the first of many to come.
^This. Until recently it was rare that you heard WERKT get named in any forum PvP drama. It wasn't that we rarely mixed it up with other guilds because that is pretty much a daily occurrence. We defend champs and RDAs plenty and when everyone is off doing their own thing farming, if someone runs into a PK many drop what they are doing to try to help out. During PvP tourneys at the duel pits our guild has been represented pretty well a lot of times as well. We get our fair share of heads on a daily basis but most don't bother to talk shit about it afterwards.

Sapperman

Grandmaster
Shame I missed this one. Looks like so much fun. Hopefully next time. Nice work to those who planned and coordinated it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk