Whats the best way to GM discordance?

Jibb20

Adept
Try to learn what gives the best gains for this skill. my gains are not the same as provo for it.

lollo

Grandmaster
Well seriously it's a pretty useless skill but if you really want to gm it then the best advice is training it into the 70s and buying SS for the rest. They are like 2k each at most and in the time you will save you can farm MUCH more than 50-60k

Jibb20

Adept
It's not very useless when you get paragons. Gold per second you know and if it allows me to kill paras faster that's good for business. When we already have 2 provoke tamers doesn't make sense to have a 3rd for doing lvl6 tmaps and hard mobs. Just my opinion. But this shard the only down fall to it is it agros. Never seen that before.

Ossidium

Neophyte
So I am thinking of getting Disco, but I can't find any fresh comments about its usefulness, only posts from years ago :(

@Jibb20 since you Gmed it, can you give em a breakdown of how well/bad it works?
My tamer friend has provo, another reason I am thinking this is better, but want to make sure I am still ok if he is offline :)

Thanks!

Jibb20

Adept
So I am thinking of getting Disco, but I can't find any fresh comments about its usefulness, only posts from years ago :(

@Jibb20 since you Gmed it, can you give em a breakdown of how well/bad it works?
My tamer friend has provo, another reason I am thinking this is better, but want to make sure I am still ok if he is offline :)

Thanks!
It's works best with someone else that has a Provo tamer. My brother is actually who gmed it and he discorded a ancient wyrm and my drag and we chewed right through it no prob. The only down fall to it is it agros the mob on you

Ossidium

Neophyte
It's works best with someone else that has a Provo tamer. My brother is actually who gmed it and he discorded a ancient wyrm and my drag and we chewed right through it no prob. The only down fall to it is it agros the mob on you
hmm... but if it aggros the mob to me, cant my buddy provo it off? or wouldnt my pets just protect me?

Man I am really torn lol.

Jibb20

Adept
So what he'd do is disco the mob then I'd Provo or just tell my pets to attk it. And he'd run behind me on mount. I can't remember now but I think if it's already provoked it won't Agro off of its Provo but even if it does it'll re Agro to other mob once it gets hit by it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
I've been try for Discord GM, and honestly SS really is the best way to go.

You can't practice on a single monster because of how long discordance lasts; even if you script to move off screen and come back it requires a unique new target each time (so I'm told. I did practice on a single skele-knight with 0 gains after a 1/2 so I'm inclined to believe them.)

Use it casually as you hunt whatever-mobs and you'll gain slowly, or buy up SS to gain it quickly.

I've found that Disco SS are about 10k on average.

The benefits of this skill are three-fold:

Pairs well with provo.

Makes Fire Horns pack a punch (especially with disco + provo GM)

And ups your hit-rate, especially with a bow (make enemy combat skill 80, while you are still GM, or 105+ with a magic bow).

Asger

Neophyte
Try to learn what gives the best gains for this skill. my gains are not the same as provo for it

Recently raised a 4x bard (I really wanted a 4x bard, no real reason to have one). Found SS was the quickest and most cost efficient way to do this for Discordance.

The only down fall to it is it agros the mob on you

Usually I Provoke a fight and then use Discordance. Hasn't been an issue for me but Provoking them to fight again shouldn't be an issue; the cool-down period is relatively small (4 sec.??)

I've found that Disco SS are about 10k on average

I got most of my 48 SS for under 3k.

Pairs well with provo.

Makes Fire Horns pack a punch (especially with disco + provo GM)

With recent/pending wand and Fire Horn changes, this may no longer be accurate--I don't know fully (I don't use Horns)

-------------------------
I haven't had an opportunity to truly test my build out yet. It's on a character I don't play often and I still have to get my magic skills up. My plan was to test this in a group doing higher level Treasure Maps or pulling Ancient Messages in a Bottle but timing. I will say I'm not disappointed in it so far, though.

IF one really wants to pull this up the hard way, though, you can set Razor to target a new gray and play Discordance on a loop. Then I just walked/ran through heavily populated areas of wilderness and dungeons that allowed for easy maneuvering (stay away from casting things and silver serps--those bloody things are fast!). Every now and again I would have to run pretty far ahead and recall somewhere else because these little bastards seem to have a one-track mind on killing you after you blow a whistle at them. I started with around 43 Disco and raise to 52.3 before I said F this and dropped some gold on the scrolls. There are macro guides out there that I couldn't get to work well for me, but eh...whatever makes someone happy, right?

Elizabeth Gold

Grandmaster
I GMed it by mining up a valorite elemental (with a gargoyle pickaxe) and trapping it behind a river. Moving back and forth to have the discord effect drop.

There are a few concerns I have in regards to discord:
  1. It causes aggro
  2. It lowered the xp earned for meta's.
  3. There are no powerscrolls available for it.

DrSaso

Master
I had it for a while and then dropped it. The dmg buff was nice but just a faff to cast it on things and then have to wait for cool down. Especially if dealing with a group and need provo again quickly if something dies.

As for training...i got to 59 then hit up the bard table... think

Zombie
Skeletons
Bone knight/skell
Rot corpse

All down there...well the bone knight/skell you'll have to run north from the table and try to lure some down without the liches coming too. Tp or recall back onto table...got everything you need :D just loop iy on a marco with hiding do the disco will drop so you can recast it. Ez :D