1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's to come...

Discussion in 'News Archive' started by Shane, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    [​IMG]
    First off, Thank you all!

I originally had a huge write up about our history, trials and tribulations but honestly, i think all that matters is how thankful we are for all of you, the players. The players that over the 5.5 years that have passionately shared your time and helped Ultima Online Forever grow into the beast of a community it is today.

Some people have asked me how or why Ultima Online Forever was created and I've always said this: Previous to UOForever’s birth, i played a lot of old private servers and original UO. I always looked forward to playing as a stress reliever after work. The problem was every single private server i played would shut down within 3-6 months like clock work. I got extremely tired of not only investing my time in these servers but donating my hard earned real life money into them as well. Seeing each multiple server take a dive and everyone that played those servers work and money being thrown into the wind is what ultimately laid down the motivation to create Ultima Online Forever.

My goal for UOForever is to have the average person that works 8-10 hours a day come home, make/eat supper with their family, tuck their kids into bed, and be able to log into UOF for a couple hours a night as an escape from their daily grind. With that, i wanted to make sure UOF is not only always there for them, but also growing. So far I would say those goals have been met.

Over the next three to six months we will be passionately working on upgrading some services, adding new content and I felt it would be nice to give you guys some sort of a list on what we are planning. This is a general list, and it most likely will have multiple additions over the next half a year.

And again we appreciate all of you and look forward to the next 5 years of Ultima Online Forever:

PUBLIC RELATIONS:

• Do a live streamed Q and A.
    • Start official twitch.tv/ultimaonlineforever2 streams of staff fun/inside views.

THE FRONT:

• Website Re-haul.
    • Mobile website.
    • New Marketing Strategies.
    • Creation of a “Forever Marketing Growth Team”.
    • New enhanced player-introduction system in game.

STAFF:

• New Contracted Developer(s).
    • New Staff (Counselors, mods).
    • New linking of game accounts to Forums and Emails.
    • New Ticket System for account questions or ban appeals (http://discord.uoforever.com/in game).

THE CONTENT:

• Crafter’s Ensemble (Meta Crafter).
    • New Meta Pet.
    • New Level Treasure maps.
    • RDA Reward Changes (Raiding Negating).
    • Champion Spawn Reward Changes.
    • 5 New Random Dungeon Adventures.
    • 3 Dungeon Level expansions.
    • 1 New Full Dungeon (Doom style).
    • Militia updates, upgrades and addons.
    • Head on a pike w/sparkle item.
    • New MOTM XP leader board/reward.
    • New red/militia tracking system.
    • New Relics
    • Revamped Dueling System W/Gold Betting

THE GOODS:

• New Donation Items (Summer Update).
    • New Cave House Upgrades.
    • New Island House.
    • New Tier Reward System.
    • Entire Donation Vendor Item Audit.

Sneak peak of some random things (please keep in mind these are just started things):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  2. Elizabeth Gold

Elizabeth Gold Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Elizabeth Gold, Skiff, Mackinaw
    New dungeons = new mining content!

3. JohnnySpunkmeyer

JohnnySpunkmeyer Member

Jun 8, 2018
    Seppuku Man, Beyers, JohnnySpunkmeyer, Koblinicht,
    Wickford Greene
    This is so cool! 20 years on and people are making new content for this game lol; I only wish I had come back sooner!

DrSaso and Shane like this.
  4. Coorhagen

Coorhagen Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    I like the first picture, the one with the big boat and the little boat, I wonder what it is.

5. ADabLDo

ADabLDo Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    ADabLDo
    WOW Shane, You guys are amazing. I am so happy to have found UOF. Praise The Almighty!!!

6. girana

girana Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014

a RDA

7. Tharask

Tharask Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Tharask, & more
    Cool stuff!!! Will the new statues patch be included sometimes into this?

Decoy and Cash is King like this.
  8. batman

batman Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    pop a lock
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

hmmmm...looks like candyland to me

StarLord87 likes this.
  9. Godsrage

Godsrage Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Godsrage
    it nice. anything going on with Seas @Shane

10. Godsrage

Jul 10, 2014
    Godsrage
    @Shane I am one of the average person you talking about and I like to fish out at sea that how come when I am home and have the time to play I love the fishing and the pirate stuff 99.9 % of my time I at my house in the game do to some in real life I am doing now are for the sea stuff that how come I been bugging you for more sea stuff and it getting very boring out there that how come I have not been on that much I seen gild come out at sea and go with the wind as that all was do you seen the cash I can do for the game love to do more but i have to put hold on stuff i like to give $1.000 or $10.000 for the game I love hell you know in real life I have Just bought a 5 bedroom house and a new car so the cash is there I love to put more in only in till I see more I given you so many ideas for sea stuff and there nothing out there now you told everyone you and the other GM love new Ideas some of the sea players and waiting @Shane so in till then I will keep doing the MIB and sea Stuff now let see what will happen the new stuff look Grate for the Land Player they will love it very nice

11. Cam Newton

Cam Newton Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2013
    Looks awesome! Can't wait.

12. Cash is King

Cash is King Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2013
    Some great stuff on the horizon, I'm looking forward to it.

Given this statement I think it's relevant to ask here - Will we ever see some worthwhile veteran rewards? Something on a tiered scale based on either account age or hours played online and we have a few options to choose from once we hit milestones. I don't believe adding vet rewards would require much time/effort to code and you'd just need to pick the items for each milestone.

13. Kulle

Kulle Active Member

Oct 4, 2017
    kulle #9809
    I don't use paypal at all but i really want to donate, any plans on how to dono in the future with cc?

14. batman

batman Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    pop a lock
    You dont have to have a paypal account to donate . It says pay with paypal or right under it, it says or credit/visa debit card

Kulle likes this.
  15. Kulle

Kulle Active Member

Oct 4, 2017
    kulle #9809
    doh! I didn't even see that!:eek:

16. Snowcrunch

Snowcrunch Active Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Brilliant fun!

17. Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post

If it is hours played, yes i'm all for it. The problem is that there's people who made accounts in 2013 and haven't played since. If those people came back (which many have over the years), but say they come back today- that doesn't make them a veteran. They wouldn't know anything about what's been going on in the recent years here. So account age really doesn't mean much, but playing time definitely does.

Now, the issue with playing time, we can't simply entice and encourage people to just AFK online all the time to get vet rewards, so we'd have to write something up that can take account age, in game time, skills, deaths, kills (creature and people), and more all into account. Basically put it all together to really get a true vision of who actually is a veteran of UOF. If we can do that, then we could give some really nice vet rewards at that point since it would be 100% legit and deserved.

Sir., ADabLDo, Lexington and 2 others like this.
  18. girana

girana Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    isnt the free playtime rewarding enought

19. Elizabeth Gold

Elizabeth Gold Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Elizabeth Gold, Skiff, Mackinaw
    This times thousand. Veteran rewards just push back new players even further.

20. Godsrage

Jul 10, 2014
    Godsrage
    i like to see how there going to do the Veteran rewards for the older players there been here for 5 years