Which one are the best pets?!

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
SO... I stopped the game, selling everything. Then I had a lot of money. Then I couldn't quit lookig at forums. Then I wanted to spend that money. So I GMed taming. Now... I don't really play but I wanted to try taming some pets.

I am a complete newb regarding animal taming and I don't know what's good, what's bad, and what should I value the most as pet stats.

I have 3 dragons and 3 white wyrms, I was wondering if some of you could lighten me as to which ones are better, and why.

White wyrms :

HP 729 746 760
STR 749 736 754
DEX 119 102 125
INT 419 418 411

Dragons :

HP 798 801 816
STR 810 824 796
DEX 100 103 100
INT 457 448 467

If some of these pets are pure worthless, let me know too :)

PS. : I saw what the max stats are but I don't know how rare it is to find a good pet and what to value the most.

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
The 3rd wyrm is the best...max hp, close to max str (760). Although it has the lowest INT of the 3, its only 7/8 less than the others so it's not a huge deal

I'd say the 3rd dragon is the best also. Highest hp (fire breath) and INT of the bunch, but lowest str

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
Yeah I'd keep the WW, it's pretty good. The dragon isn't the best, you could find a better one for relatively cheap I'd imagine. What I did was just run around Destard every once in a while and lore all the dragons. If you find a good once, lure it away and tame. If not, check back later once :)

Max dragon stats: 825 hp, 825 str, 475 int

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
Ok thanks. Yeah I know the max stats, I just didn't know if HP were more important than STR, or if INT was really THAT important on WW, etc.

You helped a lot, as usual :)

Tonycakes

Grandmaster
I like to go for max str/hp/int in that order for my dragon, also I generally for higher str on my wyrm or nightmare because I get my dragon to tank the mob or provoke the mobs and let my pets burst

Ima2.0

Neophyte
STR/HP is good for dragons due to fire breath. With WW's Int moves up a bit in the order since they are primarily casters.

Important note: WW are only 2 followers, where dragons take 3. AKA You can stay mounted with 2 WW but only 1 drag and nothing else.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
I heard death beetles were bugged, they went from "wonderfully happy" to "pissed against you, *****" in less than an hour, and they have no AR so basically... glass canon that can turn on you. And anyways I don't have your taming skills, @Babethoven. Mehe.

I was wondering, also, if it could be a good idea to go for double WW and a month (I WANT A REPTALON). Would you be too squishy? I'm not going to make my pets tank for so long if there are other mobs around, since I'm 120 provo.

Thanks everyone for your answers.

Babethoven

Grandmaster
im at 115/120 and even at 120/120 they hardly listen but thats the cache with them i guess... i havent actually been out to farm like i usually do with dragon/ww but i'll let you know how it does... i just have 930hp on the beetle and that lethal poison flamstrike isssss pretty good protection from pks :p

gofer

Grandmaster
My rule of thumb is INT on WWs; an oom WW sucks. Two WWs is not bad and personally I think better for pks if you stay and fight given their casting prowess. Most PKs are not going to run up to a drag and give him a high five and eat a fire breath... Death Beetles were nasty on OSI given their movement speed; they were awesome for pking/pks.

In the end, min/maxing depends on the mob in gauging whether a WW or Drag will be better.