Why I am finding UO Forever a great place

BeerJedi

Grandmaster
I am a newb, horrid UO player. I'm just not that good. I don't know 20% of this game, i don't understand any of the cool stuff, the timings, etc. I'm a fairly good gamer, but UO has always been tough (why I like it and won't take it serious too often).

UO Forever has really provided a great place to play a challenging game. Despite running into PKs (and getting smacked, though I did fight one today for a while before finally moving on. We just couldn't quite finish the other off.

So why I am writing this? Simple, the folks on the server, beyond the PKs (and even some of them are cool) are extremely kind. In the month I've been here, I've had several forum questions answered with out one bit of internet smackery. A brilliant change. Addiitonally, in game I have met a few folks that have been great.

1. Anton MeCloud - was kind enough to help my miner out, set up some runes and get me on my fight (as i took forever to kill even a single cyclops). his patience was very cool.
2. Original Sin - found me wandering the swamps after a PK got me in a dungeon. Not only did he rez, cloth me, he went back into the dungeon with me, to get my stuff and we both died badly. not once did he complain. Instead, was very kind and laughed.
3. "Shane Himself" - i went asking if anyone knew where i could get a simple item. he then proceeded to not only show me a kindness in finding what i needed, came an looked at my small home and helped me do some basic set up. for someone who has quite a nice layout, it is nice to see someone generally be helpful for no gains.
4. Magoo - found me wandering somewhere (was lost after trying to escape a PK). rezzed me, then helped me understand a bit more about some skills i was working on, gave me a small tour and again, genuinely helped me out.

Each of the four showed me something new and taught me more of UO. Things i didn't even know (despite googling). And there have been others, including a few tonight whoese names i didn't record (and should have) that showed true kindness and honor and respect for those around 'em.

Keep it up UOF. I am working on friends back home to come join. it's pretty damn cool place.

Cheers,

Beer

noobs705

Grandmaster
Glad to hear, I always try to help any new person I run across because the easier the new persons transition to the server is the more likely they will stick around. Welcome to the server ! If you have a question you ever think of send me a pm and ill try to answer it for ya.

Logain

Expert
I try and help everyone and anyone I can. Some people know me as their dragon heal bot if I come across a tamer at a spawn, especially a paragon since they are clearing it out so I can prov the regulars when they respawn!

If you have any more questions on anything send me a PM here. Always willing to help!!

---- Magoo

BeerJedi

Grandmaster
Agreed - ran into a few more yesterday while gaining on Provo and we just chattedfor 2 hours helping each other out. despite they being self proclaimed "thieves" they stll looked after me and others. That is why i say not alll PKs are turds and this server has been great.

And Magoo, thanks again!!!