why only three

All Mighty

Neophyte
i'm wondering why you can only have 3 toons per account. there are two players in my house and the other one has took 2 of the three accounts I was if there was a reason why you only get 3 toons per account. even back in the old days you could have more then three toons per. any one have a good answer?

Hephastus

Journeyman
There is still some debate about the max number of 7 by purchasing character slot tokens at the gold sink vendor.

I think you can have AT LEAST 6 per account (meaning 18 characters per IP).

You can have 7 per account if you created your first two accounts before the server revert a few months ago after which we were given an extra free slot per account as compensation. If you joined recently, I think you are limited to 6 on your first two accounts. Also, because the 3rd account was unlocked after the server revert, you are logically limited to 6 characters on that account as well. In other words, depending on when you created your first and second account, you can have up to 18, 19 and 20 characters. 21 characters still awaits confirmation but is according to developer Carl not very likely, see: http://uoforum.com/threads/creating-21-diversified-characters.41451/

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
If you can prove that there are 2 people in that household that play UOF - the staff might allow you to have an additional account.. so you and the other person could have 2 accounts each.

I would recommend contacting Shane.

Bromista

Grandmaster
There is still some debate about the max number of 7 by purchasing character slot tokens at the gold sink vendor.

I think you can have AT LEAST 6 per account (meaning 18 characters per IP).

You can have 7 per account if you created your first two accounts before the server revert a few months ago after which we were given an extra free slot per account as compensation. If you joined recently, I think you are limited to 6 on your first two accounts. Also, because the 3rd account was unlocked after the server revert, you are logically limited to 6 characters on that account as well. In other words, depending on when you created your first and second account, you can have up to 18, 19 and 20 characters. 21 characters still awaits confirmation but is according to developer Carl not very likely, see: http://uoforum.com/threads/creating-21-diversified-characters.41451/
This.

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
Yeah, as he said IRC... or you can page in-game with the help queue and ask that want to speak with him when he comes on.. or! message him on the forums :)

TheFallen

Grandmaster
First don't contact Shane. Carl is in charge of all account related stuff. Second it has been stated that it is 3 Max per ip no special circumstances. That gives you 18 chars which is 9 a piece which is one shy of two uo accounts. Ask if you must but the third account was given to avoid these concerns going forward.