[Wiki] Scrap random/useless information ?

Vim-

Neophyte
Many people have taken this competition for wiki edits too far and as a result our wiki is getting littered with random bits of poorly formatted information.

I propose that we should
1. Try to format any pages we see that are poorly done, and
2. Remove pages that are not helpful. I am primarily thinking of the mobs on PvM. We only need the mobs unique to this server, it would be way too much work and a waste of time and space to copy and paste every mob article from stratics.

Any thoughts?

halygon

Grandmaster
Many people have taken this competition for wiki edits too far and as a result our wiki is getting littered with random bits of poorly formatted information.

I propose that we should
1. Try to format any pages we see that are poorly done, and
2. Remove pages that are not helpful. I am primarily thinking of the mobs on PvM. We only need the mobs unique to this server, it would be way too much work and a waste of time and space to copy and paste every mob article from stratics.

Any thoughts?
Since this competition began, I haven't done anything but edited poorly thought out additions to the wiki. I just cannot keep up with the massive amount of data being added. Some of the content is straight wrong, and I have to correct that as well.

It will just take time to sort through it and make it flow better. I think what is happening right now is fine -- we are just doing a data dump, then we can manipulate it into something useful.

jkg8787

Master
Disagreed completely.

Stratics is not "era-accurate" and includes many things not found in UO:R like different resistances that monsters have.

Other mobs have had their loot tables altered.

As far as I know, no one is "copying and pasting" articles from stratics for every Mob. It looks like I'm one of the only people adding mobs, and I do it AFTER I KILL ONE and can confirm what the loot is.

Besides Carl, JUST changed the Index and how it looks. It should be less cluttered now. Don't want a long list of mobs? Don't click it.

I see no problem with mobs of this shard being added to the wiki as long as they are loot specific to the shard. I haven't added any mobs but am happy to add to the list. The point having a lot of players to be involved with the wiki is for multiple people to add, edit, and repeat..

Not just for players who have been playing UO for a long time(or UOF for that matter) but, players who have not played in years and/or have never played before.

jkg8787

Master
I see no problem with mobs of this shard being added to the wiki as long as they are loot specific to the shard. I haven't added any mobs but am happy to add to the list. The point having a lot of players to be involved with the wiki is for multiple people to add, edit, and repeat..

Not just for players who have been playing UO for a long time(or UOF for that matter) but, players who have not played in years and/or have never played before.
Yes.

Also while I appreciate the link to Stratics using the wayback machine, I don't think that's a reason not to add mobs. It's kinda assuming a lot to think that everyone would know to use an Internet-Archive to search Stratics when we could just use this Wiki.

Last edited by a moderator:

halygon

Grandmaster
Yes.

Also while I appreciate the link to Stratics using the wayback machine, I don't think that's a reason not to add mobs. It's kinda assuming a lot to think that everyone would know to use an Internet-Archive to search Stratics when we could just use this Wiki.
No assumptions are being made by me. I only include that to empower you to fix what is broken :)

jkg8787

Master
No assumptions are being made by me. I only include that to empower you to fix what is broken :)
Oh I wasn't trying to be rude. I just thought it was coming off as like "why bother when you can use the wayback machine" which not everyone knows about it.

I definitely encourage anyone to use it to help the Wiki grow.