Would a Provake Macro Like this work?

Fuego

Grandmaster
Use skill prov
wait for target
target closest grey monster
wait or target
target random grey monster

To provoke mobs instantly that are in range? Would obviously still need to manually provo targets sometimes, but high end mobs that drop good loot tend to be in light spawnlike 2-3 mobs on screen light). This would help me 1000x as I am bad at targets, usually drag health bars and target those.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
I don't use a macro for it, but that could work.

The issue is in low number monster groups the odds that, that 'random' grey monster will also be the 'closest' goes up sharply.

I'm not saying don't try it, but it might be better to just have a hot key for the skill, or just pull the skill onto the screen for clicking.

Fuego

Grandmaster
exactly my concern, random and closest are picked as the same. Guess I will make/try it. Should I insert a short pause after getting first target?

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
I don't see a pause being necessary as long as there is a 'wait for target' step between the two.

If you hold cntl + shift down at the same time you can pull up 30 face-plates on your screen at once which will help in targeting if you decide against this macro.

Unless there's just that much shit on screen.

Young Star

Grandmaster
I have been using this one since I started on UOF. I like it much better than Eppy's. It works much faster IMHO. No matter which script you use there will be issues if you are in a place with a lot of walls where you have monsters that are closer to you then the ones in the room with you so just be aware. This one I have gotten good and limiting it's weaknesses and maneuvering myself in a position that it will grab the mob that is the most immediate threat. It has also saved my arse many times in a panic as well.

@cleartargetqueue

//Auto Provoke

if not listexists 'provo'

createlist 'provo'

endif

if not listexists 'safety'

createlist 'safety'

endif

@clearlist 'provo'

@clearlist 'safety'

if getenemy! 'gray' 'criminal' 'closest'

useskill 'Provocation'