Young Players shouldnt be able to attack MOTM

Weland

Grandmaster
I disagree. We either need to do away with the young player system or greatly reduce the length/skills. You don't need to get to GM anything to get a feel for the game. This will eliminate abuse of the system which I'm sure is the reason you are upset.

However people new to the game shouldn't be restricted to only x, y and z. That's like saying UOF is a sandbox only after you've been playing long enough to stop being a young player. Which a majority of the people that come to UOF have played UO before on another shard or OSI and that will make UOF a turn off for them.

Yes they can get rid of their young player status but how many people actual read everything when they log in. You can argue that's their fault but it's not going to help the player base go up.

If they aren't GM anything then they are going to be able to fight Ettins but you as a geared GM can kill them much faster.

The only other option I can think of would require a lot of time I'm sure for Adam or Eppy to right a young status checker on loot and if the player is discovered to still have young status MOTM loot is automatically removed from the corpse upon death. This does open a door for griefers to run around with young players attacking other peoples MOTM to prevent them from getting loot so I don't see it as a good option.

Memphist

Grandmaster
The young player status has nothing do to with any gm skill its based on playtime (60 hours) or a total skill point level of 600. I understand Satan Himself because some veterans use the protection of the young player to farm MOTM. Take a look which armor or which weapon they wear. But you are right " THE REAL YOUNG PLAYERS" should also have the possibility to kill MOTM. Plus this month are Ettins MOTM and that are the mobs which young players often hunt.
I dont have any idea how the admins could fix the problem but if somebody else has any idea feel free ^^

Young Star

Grandmaster
Easiest fix is to not have MOTM be such a weak monster. I know there are plenty of vets using a young account to farm but unless they are risking breaking the 3 account max they get one shot at it. If someone saved one of their accounts to start using when MOTM was an Ettin so be it. The spawn rate in Despise is fast enough I don't think them being there is a problem.

Memphist

Grandmaster
Iam disagree, it isnt so easy. There were often vets (as youngplayers) in shame 5 with provo archers. That means the monster isnt the problem ^^

Young Star

Grandmaster
One solution that directly addresses "young" vets is to link age to IP addresses. Or how about piggyback the meta talisman 100 monster qualifier, setting a limit on mid/high level mobs killed. "You've vanquished X amount of evil creatures from this realm, proving yourself to no longer be deemed a young adventurer." Each young character could have a quest crystal similar to the meta one that shows their progress. When completed they can turn it in for some special item of their choosing. I also think that at the moment a player loses their young status the should get frozen, hidden, and invulnerable with a message Gump informing them that they are no longer young and giving the choice to be taken to town or to continue where they are.

That doesn't address the weak MOTM but I think it could help with abusing young status to farm high level mobs without risk of PKs/thieves for a significant amount of time.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
shouldnt have weak MOTM as it just encourages PK groups to roll through low level dungeons... EQMS never went to despise(except sometimes the champ area) prior to this month and now when theres no PVP on its one of the first spots we hit up.

Mango

Grandmaster
shouldnt have weak MOTM as it just encourages PK groups to roll through low level dungeons... EQMS never went to despise(except sometimes the champ area) prior to this month and now when theres no PVP on its one of the first spots we hit up.

I think we need to nerf MOTM by reducing the skill-cap for reds skills from 100-120, to 50-60.

Budcookie

Grandmaster
Im getting at the fact that there is no pvp in lvl 1 dungeons. You go there "looking for pvp" is just a lie to cover up that you are bored and want to grief. Plus this video makes me pee a little and I just saw it for the first time like 5 days ago, sorry but its funny.

Orgha

Apprentice
MOTM shouldn't be newb spawns.

MOTM (If we insist on the idea) should be limited to higher level spawns (Dragons, Daemons, Balrons, AW , Ancient Lich, Lich Lord, etc.)

There is no shortage of stronger mobs...

Ettins? Seriously? It's seriously ******** watching Lords and Ladys wipe out newb spawns and packs of Reds running through looking for their next target. The only reason my Lord PvMer is killing Ettins is because of MOTM.

Young system should stay, otherwise you'll have more population issues with new players leaving before they even have a chance to do anything. Stop the abuse of the system. If a "Young" player goes outside the noob dungeon in Brit. they aren't protected. Simple fix. They can grind all they want in their piece of trammel, but if they are Young and decide to go elsewhere they face the game as it really is.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Im getting at the fact that there is no pvp in lvl 1 dungeons. You go there "looking for pvp" is just a lie to cover up that you are bored and want to grief. Plus this video makes me pee a little and I just saw it for the first time like 5 days ago, sorry but its funny.

When there is no PVP in the no cut we goto the dungeon hot spots hoping to find a group of other PKs to fight. Currently despise is one of the best hotspots in the game because of ettins being MOTM. Prior to this month, we RARELY went to despise, and if it was it was either titans of the champ area.

Orgha

Apprentice

Funniest fucking video EVER. Even my wife was laughing and she knows absolutely nothing about UO or this shard.

But yeah. Going to Despise lvl 1/2 for PvP is bullshit.

Taking a shit on a toddler is about the same level of PvP as ***** slapping new players on this shard that just lost their young status. Anyone with 7x GM can do it. No challenge in it. No fun in it.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Funniest fucking video EVER. Even my wife was laughing and she knows absolutely nothing about UO or this shard.

But yeah. Going to Despise lvl 1/2 for PvP is bullshit.

Taking a shit on a toddler is about the same level of PvP as ***** slapping new players on this shard that just lost their young status. Anyone with 7x GM can do it. No challenge in it. No fun in it.

Do you not realize we've had big fights with POWER and PCH in despise since its MOTM? MOTM dungeons attract all players, new and old -- which is why its not the best idea to have low level mobs be the MOTM.

Budcookie

Grandmaster
Do you not realize we've had big fights with POWER and PCH in despise since its MOTM? MOTM dungeons attract all players, new and old -- which is why its not the best idea to have low level mobs be the MOTM.
This is the only thing this dickbag has ever said since he started that makes sense, I see your point but I still hate you.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Where there is reward there will be risk as it should be ( ettins or RDAs) as for vets abusing the young status this happens with most aspects of UO from idocs to farming high end mobs in full slayer armor it should be fixed via a reworking of the young system ( if it hasnt been addressed already the patch notes mention something of new young system.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
This is the only thing this dickbag has ever said since he started that makes sense, I see your point but I still hate you.

Sorry we ruined your auction but it was MONTHS ago and if you remember, before we attacked I offered our services as protection multiple times for something cheap like 100k.

And thank you for seeing my point... we have no interest in killing newb blues on their 3rd day but theyre in a hotspot right now, MOTM cloth is $$$.

elfyburk

Expert
MOTM shouldn't be newb spawns.

MOTM (If we insist on the idea) should be limited to higher level spawns (Dragons, Daemons, Balrons, AW , Ancient Lich, Lich Lord, etc.)

There is no shortage of stronger mobs...

Ettins? Seriously? It's seriously ******** watching Lords and Ladys wipe out newb spawns and packs of Reds running through looking for their next target. The only reason my Lord PvMer is killing Ettins is because of MOTM.

Young system should stay, otherwise you'll have more population issues with new players leaving before they even have a chance to do anything. Stop the abuse of the system. If a "Young" player goes outside the noob dungeon in Brit. they aren't protected. Simple fix. They can grind all they want in their piece of trammel, but if they are Young and decide to go elsewhere they face the game as it really is.

There are no "hard" mobs in the regular uo monster tables. Dragons/Deamons/LLs etc are basically as easy to kill as ettins, only better loot and slower spawn rate. If you want to farm for gold, go kill that stuff. If you want to farm for MOTM drops, kill whatever is the current MOTM. Lower level mobs are fine as they allow everyone to participate. It's not like MOTM is end-game content........