[Young] Thieves

Beckett

Neophyte
I understand the Young player system, and I think it's a great idea for new players to get a feel for the game, but some people have taken advantage of the system by going into dungeons and stealing from monsters while they are still Young. This seems to be against what the system is about. Not only are the players who have worked up to be able to defeat these monsters cheated their reward, but there's literally nothing that can be done about the Young players since they are not able to be attacked.

If someone is stealing from monsters that you've been engaging, that is equal to stealing from your person, in which case the result is being attacked and possibly killed. I'd appreciate it if there was some sort of loss of Young status by entering certain areas or even joining the Thieves guild.

Trades

Adept
I also have to say something on this post, a while back I had young players attacking me, kinda sucks that u can't cast some spells on em including poison. there should be something towards that if they attack a player / steal from a mob then they r in the drivers seat and should be able to control a normal character not play with youngs, ppl just take advantage of it, not sure if it happens as much as these days since I think the admin have cracked down on the # of accts per ip address.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Youngs can be attacked anywhere cant they?.

you just get a 60 sec stun when they die and risk a companion coming to kill you while u cant move

Trades

Adept
in my instance I was getting 2vs1 , 1 being a young playa, in all reality they should loose their young status when engaging in PvP]

Beckett

Neophyte
All of that lends to some more scrutiny into the balance of Young status. Just a few minutes ago I killed several demons. All had 0 gold because some Young thief went through and stole it all. Unrealistic, unbalanced. If they are at a point in their gaming where they can get to a high level spawn and run around and steal successfully from monsters then they no longer NEED the [Young] status. They are veteran players that know exactly what advantage they have.

thestand

Grandmaster
All of that lends to some more scrutiny into the balance of Young status. Just a few minutes ago I killed several demons. All had 0 gold because some Young thief went through and stole it all. Unrealistic, unbalanced. If they are at a point in their gaming where they can get to a high level spawn and run around and steal successfully from monsters then they no longer NEED the [Young] status. They are veteran players that know exactly what advantage they have.
Blah blah ***** *****. I've waisted to much time reading peoples ***** posts when I should have been making a thief so I can follow you around and steal all the gold off your monsters.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
im not young i steal from monsters all the time eps if im walking round dungeons and there no players to steal from.

aint there a chance of getting SS from them?

cant blame a young for using his young status it only last cpl days good luck to them

Trades

Adept
yeah but obviously its not a new player if their know where high end spawns r, they should just have their own dungeon then, Nubby dungeon, soon as they enter another big dungeon they revoke their young status. Soon as they attack a player their young status gets revoke, problem solved

Stealin from a mob is pretty fked up in my eyes anyway, specially for the next person that comes in and stuggles to kill em and has no reward for it..

Defari

Adept

Same thing happened to me a few nights ago at the daemon temple - was in the process of killing 2 dragons and had some "young" player in a death robe walk up and says "WWWOOOWWW COOOOL!!" at the 2 dragons fighting and proceeded to steal all the gold... Sorta funny at first but after having this happen over and over again it has become frustrating.. Obviously the player isn't young if they know where high end spawns are and have the means to get there.

Jager

Grandmaster
kind of the point of a thiefe, to steal what others want... the young status is a little hokey though,