1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zombieland Event!! December 19-20th, 2014

Discussion in 'News Archive' started by halygon, Dec 18, 2014.

1. halygon

halygon Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Halygon
    [​IMG]

NEED A BREAK FROM CHRISTMAS CHEER? FIGHT ZOMBIES!!

We are once again running our famous Zombie Survival event.

• THE EVENT WILL START THE NIGHT OF DECEMBER 19TH AND END THE NIGHT OF DECEMBER 20TH
    • THE RACE FOR THE MAIN OBJECTIVE (FINDING THE CURE) WILL BEGIN IMMEDIATELY.
    • YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT YOUR CHARACTERS SKILLS OR ITEMS BEING EDITED IN ANY WAY. YOU WILL CONTROL A "ZOMBIE AVATAR" DURING THE EVENT.
    • DUE TO THE SHORT DURATION OF THIS EVENT, PLAYERS WILL BEGIN WITH NEAR GM SKILLS
    OBJECTIVES

The main objective is to find the cure for the zombie plague. You will be given a cure item at the end of the event if you have inoculated yourself against the Zombie Plague.

The Cure
    The cure is a potent weapon against the undead. Anyone who completes the cure during the event will get a cure item. This time around, the cure item has a special ability. Double clicking the cure will cause you to become a potent weapon against the undead for 60 minutes. This will make any weapon or spellbook you are currently holding have the silver slayer attribute. This will wear off after 60 minutes and is only usable once every 12 hours. It does not stack with other silver slayer attributes.

Lastly, all mob kills are being tracked. If at the end of the event there have not been at least 10 cures crafted, the top 10 players will all receive the cure (given they have not crafted one).

*While the Zombie event is running, type [z or [zombieland to access to the zombieland UI. To speak in the zombie general chat, type [zc messagehere

NEVER PLAYED ZOMBIELAND BEFORE?

See the following video tutorial here. The main mechanics in the video are the same. However, you will start with less skills in this version of the event!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxCjfUiZDMY

If you can't watch the music version, here's one with the music stripped out.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzdFua5jRng

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FAQ INFORMATION IN THE VIDEO CAPTION! IT IS NOT OUR RESPONSIBILITY IF THINGS GOING WRONG BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

ZOMBIELAND FAQ

Q: Do I need to bring a finished character, regs and stuff for this?
    A: No, a character is provided with a particular starting skill set and gear.

Q: Can I wear special clothing into the event?
    A: Yes you can, but by doing so, you accept full responsibility for the clothing if it goes missing. We will not replace lost clothing.

Q: How do I chat with other players?
    A:Type [ZC MESSAGEGOESHERE

Q: Do I need to toggle my skills and stats to up?
    A: Yes. There is no skill cap while in zombieland. All of your skills start very low and you must train them up.

Q: What keys do I need to bind?
    A: You must bind !1 through !9 to your directional numbered keypad located near your right hand. Bind !1 to 1 and so on.

Q: Why am I attacking so slow? I can't even kill a single zombie!
    A: This event relies on an arcade-like approach to fighting where you actually have to AIM your attacks. All weapons attack super slow by default for this event because you can say !1, !2, !3, etc up to !9 to attack in that direction (as shown in the video). You can swing quite fast this way, but the slower the weapon, the slower you swing. If you try to swing too fast, you simply create extra delay for yourself.

Q: When I press any key, Razor always executes the same macro.
    A: This is a Razor glitch that happens every once in a while. Unfortunately the only solution that I have found is to restart your computer.

Q: What do I do if I spawned on a cliff or in a wall and can't get out?
    A: Say "I don't want to live" and you will respawn. YOU MUST INCLUDE THE APOSTROPHE (i.e. "I dont want to live" will NOT work!)

Q: Where do I get gear?
    A: Gear spawns on zombies and corpses, with a low chance to spawn magical weapons and armor (NOTE: WEAPONS AND ARMOR MUST BE ID'ed USING Item Identification SKILL FOR YOU TO GET THE BONUS!)

Q: Why do I only spawn with 5 bandages?
    A: The zombie apocalypse happened fast and you didn't have time to prepare for it, sorry.

Q: I just keep dying over and over and over.
    A: Yes, lots of casualties happen in a zombie apocalypse... BUT eventually you will be somebody who happened to appear in a more defensible position and you will be able to get a foothold and survive (and after getting some gear and possibly friends, zombies will be a much smaller threat)!

Q: How do I make the cure?
    A: You have to mix the proper ingredients together in the proper sequence and in the right way. There are white-robed mobs named "____ the Seer" who give you hints that you must remember--pay attention to the step numbers! There is a small chance that those hints also drop on corpses. PLEASE DO NOT PUBLICLY REVEAL THE CURE STEPS.

Q: What can I do about the gank squads running around killing me a lot.
    A: Some players decide to hunt other players, and this is allowed. Teaming up is your best bet. Remember, skills aren't lost when you die, so you are always progressing!

Q: Are there any mounts?
    A: No mounts at all!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2014
    7 people like this.
  2. K A Z

K A Z Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2013
    i'm glad that I'm gone for the weekend... I hope dem playerz enjoy it as much as usual, though!

4 people like this.
  3. Zoobler

Zoobler Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Spider, Petyr Baylish
    Thank god for zombiez!!!! Gonna be a fun Friday night ;)

4. asics

asics Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2013
    IlTamatore - Florencia
    this event will give prize like last time? or cause is just one day will not give any prize? @Adam @Shane

btw congrats guys for all the events..this weekend i have to tell to my gf that i have a sick flu and i cant meet her :p

5. Staff

Staff PR Manager

Feb 11, 2013
    Admin Post
    No prizes. You guys can't handle prizes :)

9 people like this.
  6. Wrexx

Wrexx Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2013
    Christmas mobs and zombie event, gonna be an inside weekend for sure

5 people like this.
  7. Zoobler

Zoobler Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Spider, Petyr Baylish
    I will ***** and moan if there aren't prizes!!!! An if there are prizes I will ***** and moan about the rankings...and if I finish in the top I will ***** about the selection...so take your pick! ( of course in the voice of Bender futurama)

3 people like this.
  8. Alucard

Alucard Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    please tell, in what hour - event will start.
    I want to prepare for the event, with respect to European time +3 UTC

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2014
  9. halygon

halygon Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Halygon
    Honestly, it is when Adam is ready and able to start it, so no set time except that it will be tonight sometime (night time is based on server time which is EST).

10. Alucard

Alucard Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    ok thanks! good luck to all players, mankind must survive!

11. girana

girana Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    i can handle prizes in my bank !

12. girana

girana Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    can we have blessed spellbooks this time ? ;D

13. Bromista

Bromista Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    As much as I would love to crush $ guild again like in the last zombie event, I think I'm gonna have to sit this one out due to RL obligations.

This saddens me a great deal.

14. asics

asics Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2013
    IlTamatore - Florencia
    i will play with no prize of course , just a question :p

15. Gawain

Gawain Member

Aug 13, 2013
    where is the npc to start the event?

16. Staff

Staff PR Manager

Feb 11, 2013
    Admin Post
    Type [z or [zombieevent. The event has been recoded in C# and no longer uses the NPC.

17. Zorlac

Zorlac Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    can you post a written link on how to target zombies. I am unable to hear the video tutorial

18. girana

girana Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    how i can see the ranking

19. so-LOW

so-LOW Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Your mothers ass
    Is it finally over???

20. QTpie

QTpie Member

Sep 10, 2014
    Mysterion
    Man This event was Great. I want to continue playing this plz. Can't we do it once per month ?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2014
    5 people like this.