Zombies event?

wreckognize

Grandmaster
hi guys

now I was wondering if there will be a zombies event this hallows evening or possibly leading up to it

I personally don't think we need any rewards or such just would be fun to do it for halloween!

tag staff hit create thread

The Gandin

Grandmaster
hi guys

now I was wondering if there will be a zombies event this hallows evening or possibly leading up to it

I personally don't think we need any rewards or such just would be fun to do it for halloween!

Like an invasion? Or like the zombie event thing in T2A? I kind of wouldn't mind town invasions the whole week of Halloween. Different cities get hit with undead and there's a boss to vanquish to end the invasion.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
hi guys

I agree the rewards kind of ruin some of the fun. I'd rather just see people out having fun than grinding for points. At least hide the scoreboard

Deadpool

Grandmaster
Easiest way to get over a fear of zombies is to become one...scientific fact. And go.....

christ-pratt-oh-snap-gif.gif

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
Did someone say Zombie Event??

Sorry KAZ, I love the Zombie Event however, I do feel it needs some tweaking.

My suggestions:

1. Get rid of the arcade attacks: It's neat and once mastered was kind of fun. However, so many people do not get involved with the event because of the targetting system. I think more would be involved if they dropped it. If that makes it "too easy" drop starting skills down again with a faster raise speed.

2. Maybe a new quest: So many people have done the quest already there wasn't much reason for them to do it again the last time the event was held.

3. Replace some of the other spawn that are involved in the new quest just to mix things up a bit.

4. I'd love to be able to speak in my guild chat while doing zombies so I'm not so disconnected from the guild while doing this.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
Did someone say Zombie Event??

Sorry KAZ, I love the Zombie Event however, I do feel it needs some tweaking.

My suggestions:

1. Get rid of the arcade attacks: It's neat and once mastered was kind of fun. However, so many people do not get involved with the event because of the targetting system. I think more would be involved if they dropped it. If that makes it "too easy" drop starting skills down again with a faster raise speed.

2. Maybe a new quest: So many people have done the quest already there wasn't much reason for them to do it again the last time the event was held.

3. Replace some of the other spawn that are involved in the new quest just to mix things up a bit.

4. I'd love to be able to speak in my guild chat while doing zombies so I'm not so disconnected from the guild while doing this.

I respectfully disagree. I believe Zombieland is awesome in its current form.

1) The great thing about zombieland is the arcade style attacks because its fun and lets you kill more monsters if you can master the technique. It fits nicely with the bizzarro world feel of the event. Its different and awesome!

2) There were a lot of monsters that weren't even killed in the last event. The quests are fine as is and there should be a benefit for learning how to do zombieland. The more you do then the better you are at the next event. No need to change it up.

3) Just like #2. There were monsters that weren't even tackled like the dragon. There's plenty of spawn to keep things interesting.

4) Zombieland is great because it makes it harder to team up. If you die then you are teleported randomly over a big map. If people want to team up then fine but don't make it easier to do so. The challenges are what makes it so fun. The fact that death comes quick and its hard to get back to your body is fantastic. It means that even large groups washed sooner or later. Keep it as is because zombieland is great because of the dying and the challenges. That's the way it should remain to keep it challenging. Guild chat is lame. Let the solo players have a chance. Making it easy to team up helps zerg squads and huge casual pvm guilds. Forget that nonsense. Let the solo players have equal footing as much as possible. If anything, remove parties from zombieland so you don't benefit from seeing others on map.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
Disappointed in this thread!

I can't believe I'm hearing "Take the fun arcade style out, make mobs easier, help zerg squads/big guilds, and then remove the rewards!"

This halloween is perfect for rewards because this year halloween falls on a weekend!

Also, let's add the soundtrack so you scrubs get properly motivated.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
if anything I want more mobs, more often. Problem is once the map is cleared it needs to be respawned but that isn't happening. It should be automatic spawn renewal every hour imo

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
Tard, I agree the arcade is fun but ask around. So many people I talked to personally didn't play because of it. The goal is to have more people. Maybe make it an option.

And guild chat isn't to meet up. We can do that anyway. We party once we find each other and communicate in Teamspeak. Being able to speak in guild chat just let's us keep in touch with our guild and those who wish not to particpate. This is a bit selfish on my part because as GM I need to be accessible. It's not a game breaker for me with or without. Would just make it easier on some of us.

I said make a new quest, not get rid of the quest. Just change it up a bit.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
Tard, I agree the arcade is fun but ask around. So many people I talked to personally didn't play because of it. The goal is to have more people. Maybe make it an option.

And guild chat isn't to meet up. We can do that anyway. We party once we find each other and communicate in Teamspeak. Being able to speak in guild chat just let's us keep in touch with our guild and those who wish not to particpate. This is a bit selfish on my part because as GM I need to be accessible. It's not a game breaker for me with or without. Would just make it easier on some of us.

I said make a new quest, not get rid of the quest. Just change it up a bit.

I see your point about guild chat but I think zombieland needs to be as closed off as possible. Once in zombieland, you're in there all alone! Of course VOIP is an option but getting rid of a party system will eliminate being able to easily track team mates.

The surreal isolated world of zombieland needs to be strengthened and not hindered, IMO

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
if anything I want more mobs, more often. Problem is once the map is cleared it needs to be respawned but that isn't happening. It should be automatic spawn renewal every hour imo

Yeah, I totally agree with that.

I like the zombie event because the mechanics are a refreshing change of pace and let you develop a new PvM method of farming. Skye mentioned changing it to allow a non-arcade style. I see no problem with allowing that since it would only put players at a disadvantage if they choose not to arcade style it (major DPS reduction). It didn't take me long to set the macros up on the num pad and get good at it. It seems lazy not to set up a handful of macros (that are provided) and spend a few minutes learning the system.

Respawning after an hour is a great idea. I believe that the zombie event thrives on the imminent doom that encompasses the experience. Adding more danger actually evens the playing field. Zerg squads and guilds that team up kind of put the solo players at a disadvantage. I saw whole areas getting controlled last time. With a nice respawn rate you can just drag spawn and wash the zergs out. People will still team up and have some fun but if its harder to keep a group alive then this is a good thing.

I think that guild interaction and teaming up should be limited to VoIP only. Level the playing field as best we can to give solo players a better chance. Keep guild chat and parties out of zombieland. This will make it a bit more challenging for zergs to stay coordinated. Its a huge benefit to see your party members on a map and continuously recruit through guild chat. So keep these out. If you want to zombie then guild stuff can wait or you can coordinate outside of UOF client. Zombie should require a dedication of time solely focused on the event.

The rewards are awesome. I wouldn't mind seeing new rewards added but it would be super lame to take the rewards out. Halloween being on a weekend makes it a great time to have a zombie event. For those of us that can participate and choose to make time for it then why not offer some goodies?

Here's another one for our soundtrack!