- 1 Description
- 2 FAQ
- 2.1 Do I need to bring a finished character, regs and stuff for this?
- 2.2 Can I wear special clothing into the event?
- 2.3 How do I chat with other players?
- 2.4 Do I need to toggle my skills and stats to up?
- 2.5 What keys do I need to bind?
- 2.6 Why am I attacking so slow? I can't even kill a single zombie!
- 2.7 When I press any key, Razor always executes the same macro.
- 2.8 What do I do if I spawned on a cliff or in a wall and can't get out?
- 2.9 Where do I get gear?
- 2.10 Why do I only spawn with 5 bandages?
- 2.11 I just keep dying over and over and over.
- 2.12 What can I do about the gank squads running around killing me a lot.
- 2.13 Are there any mounts?
- 2.14 I'm using UOSteam and I can't bandage
- 3 Tips and Tricks
- 4 Links
Zombie Land is a regular feature in the UOForever Events Calendar. In the event, you are given control of a new character with the same name but a fresh set of skills. You will be placed randomly in the middle of the T2A lands which are filled with zombies and other nasty creatures. Your primary objective is to survive and build up your skills but don't worry if you die ... this will happen often! Each time you die, you will re-spawn in a different location. You will have lost your items but skills continue to build up. The combat system used is also different from the main server, using more arcade like controls to swing weapons in a specific direction.
Yes, a tutorial before joining! RTFM ;) It is highly recommended that you at least scan across the information here and watch the tutorial. A video guide can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxCjfUiZDMY and some configuration information can be found on this page. Of particular importance is the information on how to get setup for combat.
Joining the fun
It does not matter what toon you pick only the character name goes over with you. Most skills are set to values of 85.0, some skills are set to zero (music skills, hiding, stealth stealing, taming, etc). It is recommended that you start training Hiding straight-away as you will often find yourself running away from mobs of zombies and other creatures.
You will start out with a dagger, clothes and very few bandages so you will want to get a good boxed in spot quickly (See Navigating and Surviving). Then you will just start smashing zombies, this will be your bread and butter. You will gain score faster just smashing hordes of zombies then hunting down “the big kills”. You will only want to hunt the big monsters for the purpose of creating the cure.
Combat in Brief
If you are using UOSteam, the keybinds won't work in the same way but you can use the powerful macro system to automate your weapon swings. You will miss out on some of the nuance of swinging with slower/faster weapons but it should still cause enough damage to smash your way through the zombie masses.
@setalias 'self1' 'self' @getenemy 'enemy' 'criminal' 'gray' 'closest' pause 750 if @inrange 'enemy' '1' attack 'enemy' setalias 'vendor' 'enemy' while @inrange 'vendor' 1 pause 850 if @x 'vendor' > x 'self1' and @y 'vendor' == y 'self1' msg '!3' endif if @x 'vendor' < x 'self1' and @y 'vendor' == y 'self1' msg '!7' endif if @x 'vendor' == x 'self1' and @y 'vendor' > y 'self1' msg '!1' endif if @x 'vendor' == x 'self1' and @y 'vendor' < y 'self1' msg '!9' endif if @x 'vendor' > x 'self1' and @y 'vendor' > y 'self1' msg '!2' endif if @x 'vendor' < x 'self1' and @y 'vendor' > y 'self1' msg '!4' endif if @x 'vendor' > x 'self1' and @y 'vendor' < y 'self1' msg '!6' endif if @x 'vendor' < x 'self1' and @y 'vendor' < y 'self1' msg '!8' endif endwhile endif
Once you receive an ideal location, you will instantly need to start running to find yourself a good 2-3 tiles zombie hit box. What this means is you want to block yourself on as many sides as you can either by mountain faces or trees and cliffs. This way you are only getting hit by 2-3 zombies and not all 8 that will kill a naked toon fast. This is when you will start swinging at zombies!
Mobs will drop crafting items which will give you the ability to craft bows, and blacksmith items once you have gathered the necessary resources. Exceptional armor and weapons do help out, but some mobs do drop power/vanq weapons to keep your item ID skill ready.
- Zombie Spider: Poisoning magic caster, chance to drop Spider Carapace.
- Treefellow: Magic caster, chance to drop Seed of Renewal.
- Daemon: Magic caster that heals a lot, chance to drop Daemon Claw.
- Creeper: Fast-moving and hits with max level poison, chance to drop Crystal Flask.
- Abomination: Firebreath and heavy damage but can be kited, chance to drop Vitriol.
- Fey Warrior: Reflects melee and archery but not magic spells, chance to drop Fey Wing.
- Zombie: Hits like a wet noodle, chance to drop Undying Flesh.
- Tentacle: Moderate melee hits, chance to drop Vile Tentacle.
Rewards and Objectives
The rewards, objectives and duration of the Zombieland events can vary. Please keep an eye on the forums and Discord for information about any active Zombie Land events. Prior to the October 2018 event, your total score would be used as currency to obtain rewards. This was replaced with a different system based on collecting zombie heads.
The version of Zombie Lands for October 2018 changed the mechanism for obtaining rewards and the recipe for the cure was also changed. Prizes were no longer awarded based on points, they were for bragging rights only.
Zombies had the chance to drop "a rotting zombie head". The rotting zombie head had to be taken to one of the zombie portal cauldrons scattered throughout Zombie Land. Double clicking the cauldron and any zombie heads converted them to event crystals and added the crystal to your bank in the normal world.
Mobs drop all the items you need, You will want to look for the following. Pewter bow, mortar and pestal (not a normal one it will give you a targeter), and a green colored knife. Each of the mobs drop an item toward a cure (See Monsterpedia).
Do I need to bring a finished character, regs and stuff for this?
No, a character is provided with a particular starting skill set and gear.
Can I wear special clothing into the event?
Yes you can, but by doing so, you accept full responsibility for the clothing if it goes missing. We will not replace lost clothing.
How do I chat with other players?
Type [ZC MESSAGEGOESHERE
Do I need to toggle my skills and stats to up?
Yes. There is no skill cap while in zombieland. All of your skills start very low and you must train them up.
What keys do I need to bind?
You must bind !1 through !9 to your directional numbered keypad located near your right hand. Bind !1 to 1 and so on.
Why am I attacking so slow? I can't even kill a single zombie!
This event relies on an arcade-like approach to fighting where you actually have to AIM your attacks. All weapons attack super slow by default for this event because you can say !1, !2, !3, etc up to !9 to attack in that direction (as shown in the video). You can swing quite fast this way, but the slower the weapon, the slower you swing. If you try to swing too fast, you simply create extra delay for yourself.
When I press any key, Razor always executes the same macro.
This is a Razor glitch that happens every once in a while. Unfortunately the only solution that I have found is to restart your computer.
What do I do if I spawned on a cliff or in a wall and can't get out?
Say "I don't want to live" and you will respawn. YOU MUST INCLUDE THE APOSTROPHE (i.e. "I dont want to live" will NOT work!)
Where do I get gear?
Gear spawns on zombies and corpses, with a low chance to spawn magical weapons and armor (NOTE: WEAPONS AND ARMOR MUST BE ID'ed USING Item Identification SKILL FOR YOU TO GET THE BONUS!)
Why do I only spawn with 5 bandages?
The zombie apocalypse happened fast and you didn't have time to prepare for it, sorry.
I just keep dying over and over and over.
Yes, lots of casualties happen in a zombie apocalypse... BUT eventually you will be somebody who happened to appear in a more defensible position and you will be able to get a foothold and survive (and after getting some gear and possibly friends, zombies will be a much smaller threat)!
What can I do about the gank squads running around killing me a lot.
Some players decide to hunt other players, and this is allowed. Teaming up is your best bet. Remember, skills aren't lost when you die, so you are always progressing!
Are there any mounts?
No mounts at all!
I'm using UOSteam and I can't bandage
Tips and Tricks
- Loot everything you need to put ALL spells into your spellbook when you see scrolls. Important ones are Energy Bolt, Explosion, Invisibility, Magic Reflect and Chain Lightning.
- Pulling massive packs of zombies and casting chain lighting on them will help you clear MASSIVE amounts of them quickly getting ahead of other players in score. They do not have diminished returns for the amount, all take 80 damage if not resisted.
- Zombie Spiders drop music instruments which you can then set up a peacemaking macro to spam and make everything do nothing to you as you kill them.
- You can bury your items by getting a green shovel and a wooden chest. REMEMBER where you buried it AND REMEMBER other players can find it.
- REACTIVE ARMOR IS YOUR FRIEND. Cast it whenever possible when facing hordes of zombies.
- While 2handers do a lot of damage it seems best to run shield and slower strong one handers (warforks are great because you always start with dagger).
- You can use Blacksmithing, Fletching and Carpentry to make weapons.
- Bows are devastatingly strong against mobs and people as you can use the ! attack keys to spam arrow shots. Birds are hard to come by later on so take advantage early
- It is good to train hiding as your running around as you may want it for logging off.
- When logging off you need to let your toon sit for 60 seconds so they log off properly, which is why hiding is a good idea. If you close your client for insta log you will lose all your items and start as a new empty character, but always keep your Score progress.
- A lot of players you encounter will not be able to handle a standard attack process. (explo, eb, pots, arrow shots, poisoned weapons, etc). Players will also do this to you as well, some people only troll other players during event and build zero score.
- . LOOT EVERYTHING. Regs, arrows, fill your spellbook, bandages, good pots, mortors to make more pots. Don’t go overweight though as you will die
- FIELD SPELLS do not work here.
- AS A GUILD USE UOAutomap. While it might feel safer to farm together it will drastically slow down your building of score. UOAM will help if you attempt to help eachother by staying in same zones, but different screens.
- 2018 https://www.uoforum.com/threads/halloween-2018-events.105765/
- 2016 https://www.uoforum.com/threads/ultima-online-forever-zombie-land-2016.87727/
- 2015 https://www.uoforum.com/threads/zombieland-mini-event-8-15-2015.64317/
- 2014 https://www.uoforum.com/threads/zombieland-event-december-19-20th-2014.49343/
- 2014 https://www.uoforum.com/threads/zombieland-event-september-20th-2014-starting-at-2pm-est.43327/
The ever-helpful Lady Skye of Trinsic compiled this excellent guide: