120 Provocation

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
And to even counter balance a little more, because im sure the "oh provo is OP" statements will come from non-bardic players they could make some of these benefits be skilled checked with musicianship and add PS's for Music. Have the ability to do these things based on your 120 provo but have success rate improved with your higher musicianship.

(hopefully it conveys my thoughts in the way I worded that....lol)
my apologies cause I'm drinking...lol

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
120 Provo definitely needs some benefits. BUT, to be able to provo peoples pets its just ridiculous. thats just looking at it through the eyes of pvp only, not pvm included. i say offscreen provoing, more mobs to be able provoke that you cant now, and provoing AGGRO tamed pets onto owners and other people. it at least keeps people from running all willy nilly fucking up every tamer they see just to grief them. theres already enough ways to grief in this game, dont need another one. how is it reasonable or justifiable that someone can just run up to a tamer (who spent hours and hours and probably millions to build there char) and kill em in 5-10 seconds by beating their drum to kill em with their own pets. lol

i have a provo archer, and provo tamer btw.

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
120 Provo definitely needs some benefits. BUT, to be able to provo peoples pets its just ridiculous. thats just looking at it through the eyes of pvp only, not pvm included. i say offscreen provoing, more mobs to be able provoke that you cant now, and provoing AGGRO tamed pets onto owners and other people. it at least keeps people from running all willy nilly fucking up every tamer they see just to grief them. theres already enough ways to grief in this game, dont need another one. how is it reasonable or justifiable that someone can just run up to a tamer (who spent hours and hours and probably millions to build there char) and kill em in 5-10 seconds by beating their drum to kill em with their own pets. lol

i have a provo archer, and provo tamer btw.

Yep we look at this the same way!
Support! Support! We need support on this.

hubcap

Grandmaster
......... and provoing AGGRO tamed pets onto owners and other people. it at least keeps people from running all willy nilly fucking up every tamer they see just to grief them. theres already enough ways to grief in this game, dont need another one.

This is the ONLY reason Id be hesitant to allow provo on peoples pets. But, truth be told, it should be allowed. ...........As a check by the aggressors music/provo skill vs the tame/lore skill of the tamer. Just like anything else in game. Why the protection for pets? Aggro'd or not? Everyone is open for grief. This should include tamers. Trust me.....Im on the receiving end of it more often than not. Trust me...I understand why you think you might see a rise in griefers.....but.......who doesn't get 'griefed' more than they like!!?? Right?

Just like all other aspects of the game.....the higher skilled will, usually, win.

Tamers aren't (shouldnt be) special. While allowing their pets to be aggro'd, this MAY lead to tamer griefing, but, in all honesty....its probably the one (melee) template that gets bothered the least. While there are a few that actively seek and attack tamers, I dont feel that number is any more than anyone else that gets attacked.

Setting that one (possible) draw back aside, I dont see to much other negative about allowing non aggrod pets to be provoked.
If your tame and lore is higher than the attacker? Then your pet attacks THEM and their provo fails. Risk on both sides, and, its pretty balanced. The aggressor would be taking more risk........(and would also be gray if they aggro'd as a blue)
If anything the tamer would have an edge because its tamer/pet vs aggressor.
Just another coin for the well. Something else to ponder........

Regardless....Provo needs some love. Overall, across the whole platform, it makes sense to do much of what the OP suggested. 120 lore. 120 taming. 120 vet (FOR EXAMPLE) ALL have some tangible benefit to have. Aside from stealth and meditation, Provo, Disco, and fishing are the only skills that has no real tangible bump for attaining 120.

Last edited by a moderator:

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
i see your point...BUT...

theres no way that a skill that only requires you to macro unattended in a dungeon (provo) will ever triumph or even be on the same level as a skill that requires you to grind manually for fractions of a point per hour (taming). even the power scrolls are 50 times more gold to buy if u want to go that route.

but anywho, back to the topic....let's get some attention to 120 provocation!

LSDjay

Grandmaster
There are enough creatures wich you are unable to provo ingame at the moment, why not be able to provo those ?
Besides, even if u are able to provo pets to there owners, the owner would say "all stop" and "all kill" and there after the guy with provo again, and the provo guy must wait 10 secs before he can provo again.

Also , maybe only when the tamer aggro on another player.

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
Yea I'm more interested in some love placed on the 120 where PvM is concerned. Ones that are currently provokable, improved distance maybe even area provo.

How about making unprovokable MOBs provokable at 120, but with a 50/50 chance to break provocation every 10-15 seconds (randomly) so it isn't a fire and forget situation.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
So if we just make balron and aw unprovokable until 120 that would make everyone happy? Would be a good reason to go to 120.

Tydeus

Master
The current incentive in getting 120 provo is to never fail to provoke a mob, which is decent enough, although not really necessary as you rarely fail at 115. I just got a 120 provo PS, and while working it up at the bard table, I immediately failed to provoke a rotting corpse on my first try at 115 provo skill. I also stopped gaining skill at 117.5, which is apparently the amount you need to never fail to provo a rotting corpse.

One suggestion would be to make the skill cool-down reduced by 1 second at legendary skill level, to give the extra incentive for players to purchase this PS. This means players could use the provo skill every 9 seconds instead of 10 seconds at 120 skill level. This is similar as to how legendary blacksmiths and tailors have their BOD timer reduced by 1 hour at legendary skill.

Fuzzy

Apprentice
Yeah I was thinking of maybe getting a 115 prov ps to see if I could prov arch ice fiends but it sounds like I couldn't even prov them with a 120 :p Thanks for saving me some bux :p