WTS 20k Barbed Leather 400k

Qualtar

Master
This is actually a generous offer. Almost dumb quite frankly. But lets not get ugly and look at the the stats here. Leather GM crafted barbed mage suit. 31ar typically runs from 1000 to 1.8k. So lets go on the low end for calculating the profit margin. 35 pieces of leather is needed to make the suit, save no faliures. This makes roughly 28.5 suits per 1000 strips. 35X28.5 =997.5. So lets call that 1000strips of leather. 20k strips for sale. Round up to 29 on suits made. 29X20 = 580, or 580k in this instance. This is a great deal, and calculations are on the low end. Great deal for buyer, OP is taking massive loss, especially if the guy that ends up selling the suits makes 1.5k per. But hai, some of us didnt take basic economics in highschool..

jeffe

Master
Despite Qualtar's best efforts its still 400k firm. My thoughts on the matter is I am acting just as a supplier. If you want to craft, stock and maintain vendors (more or less double your money -- I would never sell a barbed suit lower than 1200 but that's just me) then those profits are well deserved.

Qualtar

Master
Best efforts at what? All I was doing was showing you that 20k barbed is worth a lot more than 400k, and that was at 1k per suit, bub. Lastly at 25 barbed per dragon I am guessing it took you a good lil minute to compile 20k, unless from a IDOC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Garet Jax

Grandmaster
20 per is going rate on barbed hides, not worth a lot more than that. It takes a long time to sell out 645 leather suits, not counting the work to make and bag them.

Also had I not just bought some in bulk I would buy these.

Messremb

Grandmaster
This is actually a generous offer. Almost dumb quite frankly. But lets not get ugly and look at the the stats here. Leather GM crafted barbed mage suit. 31ar typically runs from 1000 to 1.8k. So lets go on the low end for calculating the profit margin. 35 pieces of leather is needed to make the suit, save no faliures. This makes roughly 28.5 suits per 1000 strips. 35X28.5 =997.5. So lets call that 1000strips of leather. 20k strips for sale. Round up to 29 on suits made. 29X20 = 580, or 580k in this instance. This is a great deal, and calculations are on the low end. Great deal for buyer, OP is taking massive loss, especially if the guy that ends up selling the suits makes 1.5k per. But hai, some of us didnt take basic economics in highschool..

this is why many small business fail. you are not accounting for vendor costs and time costs in your math. look at it like this.

done in the crafting area its only 31 leather per suit. that about 645 suits for 20k barbed. lets do some calculations.

1k per suit

645k total income
-400k cost of leather
on a good vendor (3k per week) selling 30 suits a week lets call it 21 weeks to sell out 63k in vendor rent (not counting paying your vendor)
182k net so far.
not lets figure this down to income per hour
takes about 1 hour to make 25 suits so about 26 hours to make 645 suits
182/26 = 7k per hour

1.2k per suit

774k total income
vendor cost (3k per week) higher cost will lower sales so lets say 25 suits a week rounding down to 25 weeks
299k net
same time calculations
299/26 = 11.6k per hour.

suddenly you see why nobody jumps up and grabs that free gold right.

all that said his prices are the high end of reasonable. (the max anyone ever pays)

GL on the sales sir. and if you decide to drop your cost to 18 per hit me up and I will take it.

Thanks,

Qualtar

Master
this is why many small business fail. you are not accounting for vendor costs and time costs in your math. look at it like this.

done in the crafting area its only 31 leather per suit. that about 645 suits for 20k barbed. lets do some calculations.

1k per suit

645k total income
-400k cost of leather
on a good vendor (3k per week) selling 30 suits a week lets call it 21 weeks to sell out 63k in vendor rent (not counting paying your vendor)
182k net so far.
not lets figure this down to income per hour
takes about 1 hour to make 25 suits so about 26 hours to make 645 suits
182/26 = 7k per hour

1.2k per suit

774k total income
vendor cost (3k per week) higher cost will lower sales so lets say 25 suits a week rounding down to 25 weeks
299k net
same time calculations
299/26 = 11.6k per hour.

suddenly you see why nobody jumps up and grabs that free gold right.

all that said his prices are the high end of reasonable. (the max anyone ever pays)

GL on the sales sir. and if you decide to drop your cost to 18 per hit me up and I will take it.

Thanks,

Pretty good stuff, and I thought I was being a tad over the top with my figures. Even with your added in consumption, the deal is beyond sound.

jeffe

Master
I'm going to bump this and take the opportunity to say that I have sold two lots of 20k barbed in the past and both buyers paid at least 400k. Once about 3 weeks ago and the other within the two last months. Thanks!

Tearloch

Grandmaster
I am always amazed at how much people will go out of their way to be jerks...

If you think he isn't asking enough, BUY IT!

If you think he is asking too much, make a counter offer (which you did), or WALK AWAY!

Don't stand of a soap box and lecture people.