$50 mount is stealable?!

Ryzz Brah

Novice
So I'm at the bank and notice that the bag containing my Reptalon ethereal mount in is no longer in my backpack. Am I to understand that a blessed item is stealable if it is in a bag inside my backpack?!

StegcO

Grandmaster
No, Blessed item in first root of backback cant be stealed. Except bug.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

TheFallen

Grandmaster
The thief stole the bag that wasn't blessed that happen to contain a blessed item. It is a funky mechanic but yes all blessed items should never leave your main pack if you don't want to lose them.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Its a pretty well known fact and there is no way to prove you didn't just give the item to someone so I doubt you will get to much sympathy but never hurts to ask.

Real Sir Dwayne

Grandmaster
If u put in bag and the bag is in ur bagpack then it can be stealed and gm not doing anyting its like when u die that bag will drop in ur corps and ppl can loot the bag

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Bromista

Grandmaster
Shitty mechanic... but such is life in Sosaria. Everyone gets a turn though, I guess this was your bad beat. Chin up!

Inb4 blessed items/pouch warning GUMP.

Woodsman

Expert
Ok... So I guess I'm out $50 due to a stupid game mechanic? Or will Shane do anything about it?
Yes it is a stupid mechanic-- No it will not be fixed ---- Yes many new players have quit uof after donating 50+ dollars or more for items they think cannot be stolen since they do not tell you items in bags can be stolen if not in main pack when you purchase dono items

it has been that way in every form of uo... even osi lol :p always good to read pages on stuf like blessed items to learn about it like never putting outside of main bag. :p at least we are not on a shard where clothing breaks like armor does lol..i could imagine all the kids upset when there shirt/tunice/aprons/sandals would break in pvp :p I still wish this took on classic housing to bring back the house theif !!!! I really miss that template.....

Yoko Kurama

Master
So I'm at the bank and notice that the bag containing my Reptalon ethereal mount in is no longer in my backpack. Am I to understand that a blessed item is stealable if it is in a bag inside my backpack?!
I fcaepalmed when I got to the "in the bag in my backpack" part. Somehow I saw that coming. Really sad that people can still be so clueless to not know that the blessed items have to STAY IN YOUR MAIN PACK. Why would someone stick a blessed mount in another bag, anyway?

Why can't I find guys like this with my thief!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Guildy made a thief last week, he already got a relic, a ps, and 2 donation items from insides peoples bags...I need to start getting out there with my thief. The amount of noobs with shiny stuff is at an all time high here!

The Gandin

Grandmaster
I fcaepalmed when I got to the "in the bag in my backpack" part. Somehow I saw that coming. Really sad that people can still be so clueless to not know that the blessed items have to STAY IN YOUR MAIN PACK. Why would someone stick a blessed mount in another bag, anyway?

Some people are newer to the game as a whole or haven't played in so long they don't remember certain mechanical things of that nature. Maybe try not being a jerk to someone who didn't know this was something that can happen.

Some people are newer to the game as a whole or haven't played in so long they don't remember certain mechanical things of that nature. Maybe try not being a jerk to someone who didn't know this was something that can happen.
This is the beauty of UO in my opinion. I honestly envy the people that don't know every (original) mechanic. Every day logging in would provide the same enjoyment for those people that veterans only experiences once a year (if that) when new content is released.

I had a similar scenario happen to me when i was moving a runebook library between houses (back in '98-'99 ish). I put all the books into a box and moved over to the new house plot. Something happened where i had to go afk for an extended period. When i came back i was dead with a damn skeleton wandering around near by. I r
esurrected to find that my entire rune library was gone along with my decayed body. I'd estimate that I lost about 12 hours of play time re-marking my library...

Mara

Journeyman
I'm sorry to read you learned this by the cruelest way.

Guildy made a thief last week, he already got a relic, a ps, and 2 donation items from insides peoples bags...I need to start getting out there with my thief. The amount of noobs with shiny stuff is at an all time high here!

Didnt know that instead of Wiki every1 sould ask you since ur the "THE MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE".

WE ( the newbie players ) dont have idea of all mechanics of the game , its common sense that blessed items are that, ....BLESSED.

I was lucky to notice that before losing it
I was going to mount to run to my body and I was like WTF ... where the hellllll...!!! Run kitty RUN!!!!

I'm pretty much sure he did that for the same reason as I used to do until i realized about the "mechanic"
The item itself its pretty big and some ppl want a "clean" bp

Saying this , I not telling that this sould be fixed.
I find that this is one of the many thigs that make this game that "special"

and ye,I know ... my english suxs ;)