55,000 dono coin items vs rare content

besttherewas

Grandmaster
Ok I accept the shard needs donations to survive, but what it also needs rare content in game to spark interest and an active population.

so why not have say for example 'air elemental month', whereby for 1 month or even 2 weeks you have a 1% chance for a unique cloth yard never to be repeated along with footwear having .02% etc?

this would get certain areas cranking and gives all players the ability to get something AND more importantly will start a rares market which this shard lacks.

Thoughts?

asics

Grandmaster
im really up to some new loot..collectable... weeeable and decos...chatcoral statuette and charchoral temporary dye tub dor ethy?

Turner13

Grandmaster
Agreed. There needs to be something to collect that isn't on the dono vendor: a reason to get out and farm more again.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
theres quite a bit of rares outside the dona vendor tho atm, some are pretty nice.
not 55k dona nice, but what do you expect off mob drops lol

As per the example of "air elemental" month.

Could make it ethy hued cloth/footwear?

Considering:
A) air's are ethy coloured
B) would get everyone going crazy in dungeons

1% chance per 1 yard 0.2% for footwear - shit im excited!

Didnt they have monster of the month last year that did kinda this exact thing?

similar, but a crappier version.

this is the improved version, since it gives everyone a shot, and has something desirable available at any time of the day for a select period.

asics

Grandmaster
just add other stupid deco shit in other crap colors.. maybe not blaze\iced\neon colors..just some strange collectables..

bradley-

Grandmaster
I think this is a really good alternative to the monster of the month. When that was active there were very few spawn locations that were camped 24/7 and when the monster of the month did spawn, he was lured away and sometimes boated for an easy kill. With normal mobs having a special drop every month it gives all players a chance to obtain said rare item. Every single air elemental spawn can't be camped all the time and you don't need a tamer to kill them. The (young) player that just started playing can kill those with a chance to strike gold.

Lavos

Master
Nothing will ever be "rare" on this shard.

There are a few really really nice stealable rares from the earlier days of the shard (stocked bookcase, wooden tray, archery butte, marble table, tall candelabra, blood splatter, etc), but in the past 6-7 months there hasn't really been a stealable rares system in place.

I suspect we will see some new uber rares added soon - I was told the new stealable rares system is ready, just needs the timers to be set.

Back on topic, I really like the monster of the month system, there's some great ideas in this thread

Loki

Adept
Robe of forever is rare and will always be rare like 4-5 on server, plus that blaze book going to be rare..

asics

Grandmaster
Bump and... tAke a LOOk at my rares suggestion/whishlist .. Im sure some if you wull appreciate and cintribute..or critique constructive..also try to be seriuous on topic so devs can really consider it!

S

Shane

We will have new rare drops and conquest rares coming soon.
Don't sweat it !

Also i should had the SINGLE ONLY reason theres items on the donation vendor of that value is to rid of the donation coins that people have been hoarding for months and months.