A few questions

Guards

Novice
G'day fellas,

Me and a mate are thinking about playing a bit and had some questions before we commit.

I am wondering if there is any Australians here? And if so, what kind of pings are you getting through lower ping? Is the PVP playable?

What emulator is being run? Sphere?

What kind of spell timings are being used?

wreckognize

Grandmaster
spell timings hmmm

its a runuo based server i guess

there are a bucket of aussies here actually, funny you should ask

gday mate

Jeff

Apprentice
I'm not an aussie but you're going to see a minimum of 200 ping. Hit your windows key (or start), type cmd, press enter and then type
ping login.uoforever.com

Some spells take less time to cast than other servers, some take longer.

Where in australia are you from?

wreckognize

Grandmaster
hmm ya
well recall takes two casts persay
gate takes three, rez takes two, blade spirits 5, energy vortex 2, deamon is a quick cast at 2 casts time, actually deamons here take 4 pet slots and they are much harder to dispel than energy vortexes

i don't know the cast times in ms or anything tho

Bryce

Adept
We have a good selection of Aussie/Oceanic players.
The cast times are 0/0 (if that's what you were referring to, it's not 2/6 or anything like OSI).
PvP is playable among players from all regions, smoothping/lowerping is a widely adopted VPN that will reduce your ping to play at a more competitive level. Some of the very best on the server are very far away. Germany, and Australia. Ping does play a role in PvP, but we have seen first hand that these players can be on par, and excel in many aspects. Group-vs-Group PvP is usually the best scenarios of such (which we encourage to a large extent).