A little fun in brit, the big race is Saturday

TraJik

Grandmaster
Saturday 500k race canceled due to lack of interest. I will try again in a few months.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smokey

Novice
Somebody found a buy they couldn't resist and blew their wad :-D
Only playing TraJic. I fancy myself a good runner/coward here on Uof. Look forward to the next event :)

Smokey

Novice
EQMS at the finish line with ebolts up, spamming target nearest blue haha

Hah!! Thats what makes it a Uof contest. You have to heal through a bolt dump at the end to remove any trammyness the event may have attained. A cross city jog followed by a game of DodgeBolt. I'm White, I'm White, W H I T.......... E.

But again, I'm a coward. Don't do this.

Smokey

Novice
I submit that reward, crafted by meself for an Idea I just had. A scheduled team pvp tournament that is set up to be spectated. Bigger than a duel pit but maybe a walled in area of say 30x30. Teams of 3 or 5. All teams must be made up of and represent one guild. This could be a weekly thing for top guilds and those up and coming to show there stuff, back up their forum chest thumping, and settle some Long instilled cross guild animosity in a very public way.

I'm not a pvper yet but I recognize the talent in it and want to learn here on Uof. So at least for now I don't have any pvp experience and unless I'm in a town where I feel safe from any blue on blue crime, I tend to run when pvp situations arise. I really think this type of thing could be great for the server on many levels....

#1- Who doesn't want to see all the "We are better than you" threads represented and proven in a physical way on a weekly basis
#2- Players like me watching real pvp, learning spell progression,timing, etc and gaining the confidence to jump in real skill faction or war pvp and not easy pk kills
#2.1- This could spike more faction/guild warfare (No judgement :) ) instead of a shard of easy skill pks
#3- This would of coarse increase forum chat that would sure include trolling, immaturity, and unbased claims as per usual, But lets be real and admit that that heat is what makes an exciting forum and allow it no holds barred. Again any grudges are publicly played out in the ring.
#4- I can't think of any reasons this would be a bad thing at all.

I started this thread as a short comment on something else and this came to me. But I actually think it's good with no seen downside, and can only promote community. If those with power to do so and like the idea, feel free to move to ideas or suggestions or whatever if you would like this elsewhere..

drinn

Grandmaster
What was the precis idea of this race? Ive been thinking somewhat similar idea to organize a race in Britain just to make some track there and make players run it like it would be a F1 race. TOP 3 get into podium and rewards.

That could be done in other cities too to make it a racing season. Some blockages to every track and other players could try to stop. Some laps like let's say from 5 to 10 depending on the track.

Not for faction characters as it would only slow down and make players go off the track.

Although there is just one little problem how to oversee the races as players could cheat and take a shortcut.

Last edited by a moderator:

TraJik

Grandmaster
What was the precis idea of this race? Ive been thinking somewhat similar idea to organize a race in Britain just to make some track there and make players run it like it would be a F1 race. TOP 3 get into podium and rewards.

That could be done in other cities too to make it a racing season. Some blockages to every track and other players could try to stop. Some laps like let's say from 5 to 10 depending on the track.

Not for faction characters as it would only slow down and make players go off the track.

Although there is just one little problem how to oversee the races as players could cheat and take a shortcut.

Well the race was just bank to bank. I was hoping I would get a bunch of Young players to enter so that it would give them a boost on the server. Regarding the race idea itself. Not really much thought went in to it. I wanted to give back to UOF community a but didn't just want to throw 250k into someones trade window for no reason. I just incorporated a race into it and hoped that a young player or new player to UOF would win.

The race was advertised with only 10 minutes notice so participants were limited. I'm sure with a few hours heads up we could have a good 50 or so people racing.

Since we have gotten some interest, I may open this back up for Saturday.

TraJik

Grandmaster
@TraJik -- if you need help with prizes or some guards for the event, hit me up brother....we'd love to help,

@GluttonySDS
Hey brother, i'm gonna take you up on that and relaunch advertisement for a race on Saturday hosted by EQMS. Thanks for the help.

If you want, you can try to think of a good 2nd and 3rd place award for people to make it more lucrative for everyone involved. I'll cover the 500k gold 1st prize award if you want to help think of the other two. Thanks again brotha.