ability to choose wich slayer weapon to craft

RDaneel

Apprentice
Can we have an option to choose wich kind of slayer category / type we want to craft ? :)

So disapointing and frustrating when you craft hundreds and hundreds of bows looking for a certain type of slayer... and getting all of the other kind you dont want.

RDaneel

Apprentice
or at least some items to wear or use as a probability modifier ? like some part of reptiles give you more probablity to get a reptilian death or lesser reptile slayers....

Garet Jax

Grandmaster
I would be fine with being able to pick the slayer as long as they significantly increase resources required to craft them. Like 1k or maybe 1500 ingots and maybe like a mob dropped item that is used for crafting that specific slayer weapon.

Bunnky

Grandmaster
Yea this would be pretty neat, only if, like Garet said, there is a tradeoff.. More resources required, or even a lowered success rate.

amonseti

Grandmaster
Sorry to be the Voice of opposition. But I kinda like it the way it is. Keeps things rare. Doing What you suggest would reduce the value of Slayers across the board. As no one would ever craft say a lizard-man slayer, everyone would just craft reptilian slayers.
Sure you could have it so it randomly crafts a Slayer from a specified group with a chance at crafting the super slayer. But even then all we would end up seeing are weapons from the "Repond, Silver, Exo" Lines .

Perhaps it would be acceptable to have new "Mystic" Crafting Gloves Drop as loot or some other way attainable to crafters. These Gloves would be effective to all weapon crafting class's (ie: Smithy, Fletching etc).

Similar to ASH's these Gloves Must be worn for there effect to work and would have use's that get used up every time a weapon is crafted while the gloves are equipped. Once the Use's are Consumed they become normal leather Gloves with no effects or just go poof all together.

The Gloves when spawned will have One of the Super Slayer Types attached to them, Ie You could find "Mystic Gloves of Repond" or "Mystic Gloves of Reptilian" , Note: this does not actually make the Gloves themselves a Slayer.

The effect of Having the Gloves equipped whilst Crafting a weapon will Guarantee a chance that the crafted weapon will be a slayer from the group represented on the Mystic Gloves. All other crafting mods (ie use of runic's , or bowcrafting rarewood) would still also take effect . Including the chance if crafting in the Brit Crafting area of having a 2nd Slayer type attached to the weapon.
Any attempt at crafting a weapon while Mystic gloves are equipped will result in a "use" being consumed including failed attempts.

But !!.... But There cant all be good..... Mystic Gloves will come with a curse, That would reduce success rate of crafted weapons or ! perhaps lower Each crafting skill by an amount Ie {-5 Blacksmithy, -5 Bowcrafting, -5 carpentry etc.} and perhaps similar to mining gloves there are different tiers Ie -1, -3, -5, -10 where obviously the -1 Mystic gloves would be the most rare and most valuable. In addition the Gloves Appearance would have a Unique Hue* represented by Each Tier.

EDIT!!
Just thought of how these could be found.. perhaps add them as potential BOD rewards for a New tinker BOD system.

*More about the unique Hue, I think we are running out of hues so perhaps not just a unique hue but add a Strobe effect that transitions between just 2 colors, This will add a mystic feel to the gloves and give opportunity to not only represent the Mystic Glove Tier But also the slayer type.
Each tier would have its own consistent color, and Each Slayer Type would also have its own consistent color. the gloves hue appearance would Strobe (Transition) Between the 2.

Anyhow thats my 5 cents

Last edited by a moderator:

halygon

Grandmaster
Can we have an option to choose wich kind of slayer category / type we want to craft ? :)

So disapointing and frustrating when you craft hundreds and hundreds of bows looking for a certain type of slayer... and getting all of the other kind you dont want.
Yeah it's frustrating but why would you want easy mode? It just lessens the worth of said item in both the market and to yourself.

Buck up and take on the challenge, it will be worth it.

RDaneel

Apprentice
It depends if you consider a slayer weapon something "magic" or not.

If a slayer is considered as a magic property, so it's random. Your Crafter, even GM, has no control over it.

But if you consider it as a non magic property, but more a weapon design made by human hands on a weapon to make it more deadly, then your Crafter should be able to select what kind of deadly weapon he's trying to make. And then probability of success make it hard to obtain.

I prefer the idea that a slayer weapon is not magic, but designed by the armorer himself. In this case it makes sense that slayer crafting options could be available from the crafting menu.

If it's magic, then it's out of control, like it is right now. :)

BeerJedi

Grandmaster
No because it would flood the market. As well as nerf resource gatherers
Agreed. The random cycle requires two key components:

1. Time - you've got to make enough slayers to get the one you want
2. Resources - you've got to commit enough to make enough slayers.

Otherwise, you devalue the slayer worth, PvM would become completely unstable as there would be 50 repond slayers available on one vendor @ 500gp each.

I say this as a major crafter of slayers. I toss a ton (and i mean a ton) of slayers. I have to force a balance between what to keep in stock, and what to toss. That is part of that component. Leaving it random makes more sense.

The solution to wasted slayers? introduce higher tier Lizardmen, Trolls, and other mob types for those slayers that are currently not worth a damn. Lizard leaders, troll brutes, centaur leaders, etc. Give those low level mobs a high level cousin.

RDaneel

Apprentice
I've just posted a message about how the slayer weapon should be considered.

I'm not going to repeat but in short if its considered as a magic property, it has nothing to do inside a "standard" crafting menu.
If in contrary a slayer is human made, it has to be in a crafting menu, otherwise what it means ? It means that our crafters characters are totally nuts, they don't know what they are doing, and they are very surprised about the result of their crafting. :)
See what I mean ?

Now about the market's going down etc, this is not true.

I'm not asking for a better probability to craft a slayer.

Let's say today you need to craft 100 bows at brit craft zone to get a Repond, with the Slayer crafting menu you will also need to craft 100 bows to get 1 Repond. Same probability. No change on the actual rate you get your slayers.
No difference.

But what could be different for example, you would only loose material when attempting to craft a slayer, not having to craft hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of normal bows or swords that you just throw in the trash barrel or recycle

You would loose some logs or iron but you only craft the kind of slayer you need, except that you will never be able to chooe a Super Slayer or a Lesser Slayer, so it keep some spice and some random in the art of making slayers.

If its considered man made then mobs cant drop them because it would destroy the market even more. So if mobs dont drop it them no more slayer/vanqs etc. Destroying a different market. I was happy before crafters could make slayers and I never remember crafters making them before (could be wrong). Id just be happy they are makeable.

halygon

Grandmaster
Its fine the way it is right now, unless of course you want to talk about magic properties due to the new wood types... just don't make sense without a runic kit IMO.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Agreed. The random cycle requires two key components:

1. Time - you've got to make enough slayers to get the one you want
2. Resources - you've got to commit enough to make enough slayers.

Otherwise, you devalue the slayer worth, PvM would become completely unstable as there would be 50 repond slayers available on one vendor @ 500gp each.

I say this as a major crafter of slayers. I toss a ton (and i mean a ton) of slayers. I have to force a balance between what to keep in stock, and what to toss. That is part of that component. Leaving it random makes more sense.

The solution to wasted slayers? introduce higher tier Lizardmen, Trolls, and other mob types for those slayers that are currently not worth a damn. Lizard leaders, troll brutes, centaur leaders, etc. Give those low level mobs a high level cousin.
This. All of this.

Don Key

Master
I say use the glowing runes to craft slayer weapons. The slayer depends on the rune and so they would still hold their value because the runes would force it. Add in the fact that you could lose the rune on a fail.

Maybe let crafters smelt crappy slayers into random runes as well. That would add a neat market for crappy weapons I usually just throw away.

Tearloch

Grandmaster
Its fine the way it is right now, unless of course you want to talk about magic properties due to the new wood types... just don't make sense without a runic kit IMO.
I thought about this one recently. I think the magic modifiers with the new woods was instead of adding the runic fletching kits. I still would love to see Tinkering, Carpentry, and Fletching BOD systems.

As far as the slayers, I like the system just fine the way it is. It keeps a good market on high end slayer weapons.

halygon

Grandmaster
I thought about this one recently. I think the magic modifiers with the new woods was instead of adding the runic fletching kits. I still would love to see Tinkering, Carpentry, and Fletching BOD systems.
Yeah, they have the modifiers on the new wood instead of from a rare runic kit. I just think this makes exceptionally crafted magic items too common.

Runic kits keep things in check because 1) They are uncommon to rare themselves, and 2) they have limited charges.

I would much rather see BOD systems for each of the skills and runic kits for carpentry and fletching.

eppy

Grandmaster
I disagree with the bod idea. Gaming the system with 20 smith's is against the whole spirit of the thing. The new woods require actually playing to make it happen. Maybe I am naive but playing > macro selling to get bods.

eppy

Grandmaster
Also slayer crafting is a great ingot sink which is good for new players since they can sell ingots pretty easily.

halygon

Grandmaster
I disagree with the bod idea. Gaming the system with 20 smith's is against the whole spirit of the thing. The new woods require actually playing to make it happen. Maybe I am naive but playing > macro selling to get bods.
Ya do know that the bod system as a whole can be updated instead of just handing out exceptional vanq bows.

Not to mention the new woods only mean that there is an additional resource to buy. Ppl like me are still just going to buy the resources and make the items en mass.