About classic house lock

Hi guys. I bought a classic house. FAQ says that "house keys are not necessary. Only classic houses receive a key however players do not need to keep these keys. A player can secure their door and set access level similar to securing a container. They simple must say "I wish to secure this" and then click the door."
I secure my door by security level co-owner and i can't get into the house without a key anyway. Game says that door is locked.

What wrong?

Hi guys. I bought a classic house. FAQ says that "house keys are not necessary. Only classic houses receive a key however players do not need to keep these keys. A player can secure their door and set access level similar to securing a container. They simple must say "I wish to secure this" and then click the door."
I secure my door by security level co-owner and i can't get into the house without a key anyway. Game says that door is locked.

What wrong?
You have to unlock the door with the key then set security. Both forms of security are active in parallel, so you have to turn off one if you want to solely use the other (in this case, unlock the door so you can use the set security feature).

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
I find it better (mostly because I have a small house) to lock-down the key outside on the door step, and use the classic lock so I can have 3 secure chests instead of 2. But if you have a bigger house I guess that doesn't matter.

EDIT: it doesn't take a secure slot for the door; it's specific to containers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Big D

Expert
Not unless they're friended or co-owned to the house D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So doing that is definitely much smarter than using a secure slot! Just one question, when inside the house, how will I lock the door if the key is outside ?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Expendable

Master
If you're planning on being on the house for a long period of time macroing or whatever, you're going to have to bring the key in with you I'm pretty sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
So doing that is definitely much smarter than using a secure slot! Just one question, when inside the house, how will I lock the door if the key is outside ?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

You can use the key for sure, and you can lock it down on the porch, but it has no advantages over saying, 'I wish to secure this' and targeting the door.